American Dad Returns On TBS For A New Season

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
American Dad continues a brand new season on TBS starting on October 20th at nine o'clock. Recently, American Dad wrapped up its run on Fox with three episodes, and they're trying to promote the new season as an edgier show with more vulgarity and profanity.

I'll give the new season a try out of curiosity, but I can't say I'm all that excited about this. Overall, the last three or four seasons of American Dad were underwhelming for me, so I don't have high expectations for the fresh start.

Sure, I can remember one or two good episodes every now and then, but if we're talking about episodes form the earlier seasons, nothing compares to the two part Stan Of Arabia episode, The Vacation Goo, the episode, where Klaus vowed revenge on Roger and Steve after the fishbowl/water slide prank, or the episode where Stan forgets his anniversary.

Any thoughts or expectations for the new season of American Dad?

I don't see why they need to change anything.
It's already fine as it is.

I'll watch it for sure to see what they do with it and realistically end up watching any shows they put out.

I'll go in open minded for sure. For all I know I could like the changes.

Thank the good Lord that they aren't cancelling this show.

I am such a huge fan of American Dad and it would have broke my heart to see it being cancelled. Let's be honest, Family Guy is the main attraction in the library of Seth MacFarlane, but for the last few years I have enjoyed American Dad more for a number of reasons. Personally, I think that their is more inventive story lines with American Dad that are actually logical. Secondly, I feel as though there is more character progression in Langley Falls as opposed to Quahog. Meg and Chris, in Family Guy, are horrible characters that are really just taking up space at this point. However, Steve and Hayley are two characters that regularly get a turn out on American Dad and I like to see.

Fox never really gave American Dad the credit it deserved so here's hoping that TBS will give it a good shot. The first episode from its TBS run was awesome, one of the best I have seen in a while actually - which is saying something for me. I'm not too keen about the move to a Monday night but hopefully it does well. I really like American Dad and would hate to see it cancelled due to a bad time slot.

I've enjoyed most of the new episodes, but at the same time, I can't say I've seen anything that's a sign of a real resurrection for American Dad going forward. So far, the new season is really hit-and-miss, with the episode, where Hayley becomes a blonde and Snot learning karate as a few picks for the best episodes.

Although, the through the motions storyline with Snot learning karate, and turning into a bully, and Steve sacrificing himself to teach Snot a lesson was too predictable. And the new Christmas episode (For Whom the Sleigh Bell Tolls is still the best American Dad Christmas episode) was mediocre at best. For the most part, it's more of the same old, same old for American Dad, and at this point, it's safe to say the glory days of the show are long gone.

Also, I guess TBS' definition of a more "edgier" version of American Dad is seeing how many times they can slip the word "shit" uncensored into every episode.

i thought it had been cancelled

Yes. Fox quietly cancelled American Dad in 2013, and TBS renewed the series for a 12th season, and to finish up the 11th season on TBS, with 3 new episodes from season 11 airing on FOX. And the storyline for the last episode to air on FOX revolved around a love-struck Roger falling for another alien.

Oh, American Dad, how I've missed you!

It's been a long time since the last episode aired, before Christmas, I believe. But I'm so glad that it's back. Personally, I haven't liked the way they have spaced this season out but hopefully it's back for a good while now. Judging by the schedule on Wikipedia, it should be on consecutively for a couple of months, so that's positive.

As for the last episode, I liked it. More of the new edgy product that seems to be synonymous with American Dad on TBS. The roller derby story was a fun little story and I really like Steve stories. The rest of the episode I want too fussed about but I'm just mostly excited that it's back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back