• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I the only one who finds Dean Ambrose boring?

Ambrose has personality traits that remind me a lot of Curt Hennig. Handled correctly, the man will fly. Reigns has the look but will become another one dimensional star like Cena.
People will love him for turning out the same reliable, kid pleasing crap for years to come.

Dean Ambrose needs to be used in a loose cannon style gimmick like pill man or Austin.....

Ratings anyone???

The fact that you've dismissed John Cena and carelessly rendered him "one-dimensional" reveals considerable bias and makes you seem like a caricature of a "cool" wrestling fan and I'm inclined to mentally invalidate your opinions, but that wouldn't be fair. For one, the WWE will be laughing along with Roman Reigns while they swim in a pool of money if the latter comes anywhere close to becoming another John Cena.

To the matter at hand, I think it's telling that Dean Ambrose was booked as the unannounced leader of The Shield, yet he's fallen behind Roman Reigns, a guy who hasn't been given as much mic time as Ambrose and hasn't been treated, until recently, as a potential singles star. I believe there is money in Ambrose, but so far he's been a little too hammy with his heel mannerisms. His intentions seem to be in the right place, but it's all so Snidely Whiplash that I can sometimes be distracted by how overt his performances are. Take Chris Jericho, for instance. His work as a heel mirrors his work as a face, but it's in the subtleties of his performance, like pulling of the hair or his demeaning slaps to the back of his opponent's head, that remind the crowd that this guy is a dick. Ambrose will do all of that, but add in some kind of Andy Serkis-as-Gollum sneer that removes you from the moment and makes him more ineffective.

Bottom-line: Ambrose can work, he's not small, and Ambrose can talk. Somehow, this hasn't translated into anything worth paying attention to as a stand-alone yet, but I have faith that Ambrose will be put together while putting it together to become something worth watching. Boring? No. Ambrose isn't boring. He's put together some good promos, particularly backstage, and has wrestled in good matches against the likes of CM Punk and the Undertaker. He just isn't that compelling yet, but patience will rule out.

I agree with everything in the OP except those reasons aren't enough to make him boring. I don't find him as good as everyone else does and find him the least palatable out of the three. I don't find him boring also though he's interesting but in a bad way sorta like "what is this jackass doing now" sorry if I'm not making sense but the answer to the thread title question is that I don't find him boring but my answer to the last question is I could definitely go on without Ambrose.

Wow i've heard a lot of things since I started my internet forum cruising habits but I have never heard anybody posting something this ridicilous as saying Dean Ambrose is boring.

He is everything great that COULD BE in this biz. Every wrestlers should model themselves after Ambrose. Just watch what he does, he NEVER stays on his laurels for a minute. He always try to do psychology, look at all the face expression he does in the ring for example. He is hilarous. He never phone it in. Not for one second.

Ambrose should be pushed to the moon.

Yes I'm entirely bored from him.He is great on the mic and decent in the ring but he can't make the fans excited like the his tag partners Roman Reigns {with the spear & now the superman punch & his heroic performances - recently on the rumble and on Raw last week} & Seth Rollins {with his high flying maneuvers - every time he is facing Bryan this is great to watch} and Ambrose just doesn't have it.He could be in the ME scene one day - but I will still be bored by him each and every week until he will indeed retire.

That's cause you like the big roided freaks that have three moves of doom. Reign is in the mold of Batista and Cena.

Ambrose is much more than that.

I don't know why but I fear Ambrose will slowly turn into this generation's Corporate Bossman. He already shows similar traits to him and thats the one thing that puts him down in my books.

I agree with the poster that he should be more loose cannon, its a character missing on the roster but currently in The Shield, despite carrying a title plays second best to promote Regins career and its showing.

Not boring at all. Bit I agree with vampirek, when The Shield split, or at least Ambrose and Reigns start feuding, he can come out of his shell more. Obviously Ambrose is needed to help with the Reigns push right now, at the detriment of his own character possibly, but needs must until the split happens.

I don't think he's boring. I just don't think they're taking advantage of his skills and the fact that he's a champion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back