• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Am I the only one saying "No!" to DB?

with your comments too, I'm just curious, are you a cena fan? and do you really think that DB isn't good enoguh to be champion AGAIN? He is a pure wrestler. he's a little tech wrestler, got moves like Bret Hart, Perfect Dean Malenko I'm just stunned that people think he's not good enough but root for no talent jerk off's like Brodus Clay or "Tensai"

1. NO! NO! NO! NO! NO!
2a. He is one of the best in ring competitors of the last few eras, bar none
2b. His mic skills are witty and very reflective of his character, and he's charismatic enough to make "yes" and "no" into catchphrases
2c. Only faces matching him in reactions this year are RVD, Rock, Cena and Punk: the first two are among the best to ever do it and as for Cena and Punk, both are top stars.
3. He beat Cena clean. Only people in the last few years to do so was Batista, Rock, HHH and Orton. Throwing his name in there is a pretty big deal. He's here to stay unless he really messes up

He over....

If the WWE could just wave a magic wand to get someone over, everyone would be over. That's not how it works. He's mega over. Like, Stone Cold 1998 (in terms of pops and crowd loudness, not cross media appeal and new business) over. It's batshit how over he is. That's why he's pushed.

1.No,i don't.
2.What is 'Top Guy Material'?You make people tune into your product,sell merchandise,sell PPVs-in short get the market.Does Bryan do that?YES.Will he continue to do that?Maybe.Look at Punk,started out horrible as a top face,couldn't draw much.But as time went by,he became a draw,a big draw behind Cena.And who are telling the Yes would die down,No it won't.It's been said since the night Yes was born that it would die soon.But it has picked up and up and up.What is still alive.Why can't Yes.So Bryan is top guy material and can be so in the future if he or the WWE doesn't screw it up.
3.No one can go over Cena.And that's what makes Cena one of the best of all time.I for one who thinks Cena should NEVER go heel because he is the best face there is.Bryan may or may not reach Cena's height,but surpass him,Never.They'll have a great feud again in the future.
4.Again adressing the Top Guy thing.A Top Guy has to connect with the audience.It doesn't matter how.With great mic work(see Rock),Great ringwork(see Kurt Angle,Bret Hart,Shawn Micheals),Great Persona(See Hogan,Austin,Cena,Foley).While Bryan lacks of micwork,he makes it up with his ringwork and noble underdog attitude which makes him popular.Can he hold on to that?As I said,only time can tell.

Steph is right, about a B for his promo work. Compare that to A+++ guys like Hogan, Rock, Austin, Cena and it becomes obvious that Bryan is lacking in that department.

Yes he is a good wrestler (perhaps better than some of the aforementioned) but he isn't the total package. He is also incredibly over but it won't last forever, and if the "Yes" chants die then so does Bryan's career.

Two things though. How many exactly are A+++ guys? Yes Hogan, Rock, and Austin are but in reality that's it. If you are talking about generational talents it's a very short list a list where the guys that are NOT part of the list include Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Goldberg, Kurt Angle, Undertaker, Macho Man Randy Savage, Chris Jericho, Batista, Rowdy Piper, Sting, Edge, and even John Cena (yes I believe Cena is on the same league as Rock or Austin (yet). He's very good and sometimes great but w/o the WWE machine to back him up Cena is not on their level as well).

So as for Daniel Bryan is he going to that "A+++++" guy? Maybe and maybe not but does that mean he can't be one of the faces or top headliners in the WWE with the likes of a Savage or Bret Hart? I think he can.

The "total package" thing is overrated to be honest. I am a firm believer that you don't need to have everything in the checklist to be the top guy (or one of the top guys) in the industry (Looks, Ring Skills, Mic Skills, etc). You can excel in one or two and be average on the other and still be one of the top guys. Look at Bret Hart he's great everywhere except he was always average in the mic and that didn't hinder his legacy and spot in the company. Triple H is another example I am not agreeing with Bret Hart's statement on Triple H, how many great matches has he had w/o a stipulation involved you could say he has a handful but considering the length of his career it's a small number? Edge has great mic skills but is just ok with this look and is inconsistent sometimes with match quality.

I think though when it's said and done. You can't really follow the same exact criteria to evaluate someone as being the top guy or not. As many mentioned here it's the ability to connect to the crowd and have them buy in as you as a champion. That's pretty much it that's the common thread that a Batista or DB have in common.

1) It's to early to tell. I'm gonna need to wait and see how this storyline treats him. It can make him but also break him. I'm willing to give the guy benefit of the doubt.

2) The whole underdog thing works in his favor. Not to mention one of the most popular chant of all time. He's very popular no doubt. If he can draw nicely he will be WWE's guy.

3) It depends if they build him up strong enough before Cena comes back. As of right now it doesn't seem like he's going anywhere.

4) If this was the year 2010 I would have said this guy was as generic as they come. But it seems to have a gift understanding how interaction with the crowd works. I really want to see where this whole storyline is going. If anything this guy have higher chances to succeed than Ryder. he is more than just 15 minutes of youtube fame.

1) Bryan is definitely a top level superstar
2) Reason is that not only does he have massive crowd support and a great wrestler but the guy can also tell a story inside the ring and on the mic. And tbh he is pretty good at it. I mean Ryder was so over too at one point but the reason his push died out is that he was never good enough to be on top like Punk and Cena and now Bryan is.
3) He will always remain at the top even when Cena returns just like Punk is. Difference is that he may not be the so called face of the company. But who knows that might change. Maybe Bryan starts outselling Cena in merchandise and he can definitely have a marketable look once his cuts his hair and beard. The thing is he doesn't fit the so called mold and no one knows if wwe wants to make Bryan the guy once Cena returns
4) Enjoy the program for what it is now as it is really entertaining. Soon Cena will return and things will most likely be back to the same ol same ol.

So here are my questions:

1) Does anyone else feel that Daniel Bryan is not "Top Guy" material?

He's certainly number 2 guy material. Right now, I see him as the Mankind to Cena's Rock, Punk's Austin and Orton's Triple H. I'll get into the reasons in a minute, but I think he's pretty much cemented himself in that kind of position. Whether or not he's top guy material is still yet to be seen.

You can't know answer that kind of question after only 2 months in the main event. Look at when Austin first challenged for the title in 1997. Look at Rock's first title reign in 1998. Look at Cena's WWE title match with Brock Lesnar, or Punk's World Title reigns. Could we have known the heights they would go on to achieve?

We know Bryan is good, and we know that he's over. Now let's see what happens.

2) For those of you that disagree, What MAKES Daniel Bryan "Top Guy" Material.

Like I said, I'm not sure if he's a top guy, but he's an excellent number 2 guy. As I also said, he's like a Mankind-esque character. He's not a traditional superstar, but he's still extremely talented and he has the whole crowd completely behind him every time he goes out to the ring because of his likability.

Could he turn into a top guy? Sure. Time isn't against Bryan like it was against Foley, and Bryan hasn't destroyed his body like Foley did. But let's see what happens.

3) How long will his push at the top last? Will it end as soon as Cena returns?

It's hard to say. There will be a lot of competition for the WWE title in a few months time, with Bryan, CM Punk and Orton as well as the returns of Cena and Sheamus.

I don't think his push will end as soon as Cena returns, because a Cena vs. Bryan feud is money, should Bryan maintain his momentum and support from the crowd. Cena would come back, waltz right into the title picture. Bryan would be pissed off, because he's the guy who's been carrying the company since Cena was gone. The feud pretty much writes itself.

4) Any other comments

Carrot sticks with peanut butter is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back