Albert Wesker... Best gaming villian ever?

Is Albert Wesker the greatest gaming villian of all time?

• Yes

• No (Why not and who is?)

Results are only viewable after voting.

The Rob

Telling me I'm invincible..
As many of you know, Albert Wesker is the main antagonist in the globally succesful gaming franchise, Resident Evil. He has appeared in numberous Resident Evil titles and, in the latest installment, he is the 'big boss'. I don't intend to go any further on his involvement in Resident Evil 5 as it will spoil the plot for anyone who hasen't reached a certain point in the game. And I was just thinking back on gaming villians and where Wesker would be in a Top 10 list of them. Really, thinking about it, in terms of what his in-game character wants to achieve, he is probably the greatest gaming villian of all time. Lemme explain.

Wesker is gifted with incredible speed and quickness and an insane strength that can overpower anyone in the series. He is also a sadistic son of a bitch... he pretty much wants to bring Armageddon to the Resi world and rule it. He was a top man at Umbrella who were blamed for the Racoon City incident in Resident Evil 2. He has no feeling for any other human and he's a bitch to take down. But despite this, he's also one of the coolest character's in the series. He just dosen't seem bothered by anything and never shows remorse for what he is doing. He has a slick look and the sun-glasses hide the true evil in his eyes.

I see Albert Wesker as the greatest gaming villian of all time. Does anyone agree with me? And if not, why not and who do you think is the greatest gaming villian of all time?

You ask someone to name a video game villain, I can guarantee you it's going to be one of three; Robotnik, Bowser or Ganon. Even for RE as a whole peopel know it as the umbrella corporation rather than the guy that runs it, so for that reason alone he's not the greatest.

I'm going to go with Ganon, through his various incarnations in the Zelda series, he has proven himself a worthy foe for Link, having that balance of ridiculously hard, but beatable, something that is needed for a villain. He's evil indeed and has the folklore to go with it, the antithesis of a bad guy!

I'd personally go with Liquid Snake. Even death didn't stop this guy from orchestrating a maniacal take over of the world, and he was repeatedly able to rally enough super powered freaks to keep his brother occupied while he sought to gain control of SOP with the use of Big Boss' body. He also managed to uncover Ocelot's multiple undercover operations, and use his expertise and contacts to his advantage.

So remember people, if you have an underling that recently lost an arm and your demise appears imminent, make sure to offer it to him in the event of your death, and then get learning your hypnosis and brain washing right away, and your set! (Oh and kill your enemies when you get the chance, not later)

Sure Wesker has been 'killed' and 'resurrected' multiple times, but he hasn't achieved squat. All he's done is mutate and kill countless thousands of people, but in a more horrific and twisted way each time. Liquid Snake freed the world from the 'War Economy' but failed to seize the reigns of power immediately afterward.

I'm going to go with Dr. Wily from the Mega Man series. The guy is a genius and he keeps coming back for more and for him to have that much longevity in a series says something about his villian character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back