• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

After One Long Decade...

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
capsasasasa.jpg

Ten years. Over 120 months. That's how long it took to settle the copyrights dispute but its finally coming. As soon as it was all settled, the production of the game quickly got started. Marvel and Capcom have finally teamed up again to bring you the ultimate crossover video franchise back along with its 5th installment. Marvel VS Capcom 3: Fate Of Two Worlds. Set to be released next spring. The game will feature the 3 Man Tag Team feature that made its predecessor so famous. However the game graphics will now be in a 3D format even if the game plays in its standard 2D stride. So far only a few characters have been confirmed: Ryu, Dante, Chris Redfield, Morrigan and Felicia from Capcom. Wolverine, Captain America, Classic Hulk, Deadpool and Iron Man. Most of the Marvel characters will use a more classic look. As only Deadpool is based on a modern design. The total character roster is said to be somewhere around 30, however expect the likes of Chun Li, Megaman, Spiderman and other cult faves to be confirmed.

61fd9c002d1b24b2f7b6379b043268a0-noscale.jpg

69b0ed07fa69419d804b346afec8d996-noscale.jpg

c55d333194fcbba98db56d5931de9ba7-noscale.jpg

a305039b5759ae460cc7b68b6cf0ef14-noscale.jpg

As you can see, graphics wise it resembles the recently released Tatsunoko VS Capcom as well as a bit of Street Fighter 4's cell shading. It looks great to say the least. But the question is, can this game manage to surpass its predecessor? After 10 years and such a dramatic change in the gaming landscape, can MVC reclaim its fallen glory and show that Fighting games are not dead? What are your thoughts on this upcoming title?

I am so excited for MvC3. MvC2 was an absolute blast, and with new characters, new graphics, and hopefully more features, this could be one of the greatest fighting games ever.

I hope that most of MvC2's characters make their returns. Tron Bonne was my best character, and being a huge Mega Man Legends fan it was awesome being able to command the hordes of Servbots. Other characters I hope make their returns are War Machine, Sentinel, and Roll. Even including the lone Servbot would be nice.

I want to see character-specific endings. I know that that would be hard if they have over 50 characters like last game, but I bet they can do it. I also want to see finishing moves. I've always been a fan of unique moves specifically used as finishers for matches, like fatalities from Mortal Kombat or Instant Kills from Guilty Gear. I know that if you use a special to finish your last opponent in MvC2 you get a cool backgorund and score bonus, but I want to see moves that are either instant kills or specials that only activate when someone has a small portion of their life left.

With the success of the downloadable MvC2, and Super Street Fighter VI, there is proof that fighting games are not dead. Capcom is still one of my favorite developers today, and if anyone can create an as-close-to-perfect fighting game as is possible to get, they can.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is one of my most anticipated games of 2010.

Sorry Doc, it doesn't come out until 2011.

I haven't been this excited for a fighting game since Soulcalibur IV, and hopefully it should be even better than SCIV. One of the main things I'm excited about for this game is that it is running off of Capcom's MT Framework engine and no programming from Dimps that did Street Fighter IV, say what you want but I strongly disliked SFIV and it's engine was my main problem with the game. So with an already established great engine and MvC 3 running off a new 2.0 version of it I can't wait to get my comic book nerdy hands on it, but sadly it won't be until next year.

I am so excited for MvC3. MvC2 was an absolute blast, and with new characters, new graphics, and hopefully more features, this could be one of the greatest fighting games ever.

I hope that most of MvC2's characters make their returns. Tron Bonne was my best character, and being a huge Mega Man Legends fan it was awesome being able to command the hordes of Servbots. Other characters I hope make their returns are War Machine, Sentinel, and Roll. Even including the lone Servbot would be nice.

I want to see character-specific endings. I know that that would be hard if they have over 50 characters like last game, but I bet they can do it. I also want to see finishing moves. I've always been a fan of unique moves specifically used as finishers for matches, like fatalities from Mortal Kombat or Instant Kills from Guilty Gear. I know that if you use a special to finish your last opponent in MvC2 you get a cool backgorund and score bonus, but I want to see moves that are either instant kills or specials that only activate when someone has a small portion of their life left.

With the success of the downloadable MvC2, and Super Street Fighter VI, there is proof that fighting games are not dead. Capcom is still one of my favorite developers today, and if anyone can create an as-close-to-perfect fighting game as is possible to get, they can.

The game isn't coming out until maybe May next year. however its already confirmed that there will be character specific endings as that was a major negative from the previous one. However I'm not sure how it will work. Will you get the endings of all your teammates? Or will it be like the previous games and just give you the one of the character you finished with. Hoping its the former. I don't see finishing blows, however. That's not exactly what Capcom likes to do. Judging from the stages in the pics above, its a safe bet that at least one Megaman Legends character will appear. I am hoping for Akuma, Megaman.exe (to vary) and Venom make it in. No story has been revealed yet but I believe they should bring back an old foe to play at least a sub-boss role. Maybe Cyber Akuma of Apocalypse. Or maybe even Symbiote Onslaught from the fan-made games.

Hopefully the three-on-three thing will be an option rather than be the only way to play, like in MvC2. I liked it in MvC2, but I would've preferred simple one-on-one. If they are going to have character specific endings, then they'll probably either let three-on-three be an option, or have three endings at once after you complete a playthrough. I just hope this doesn't mean that there will be fewer characters than the previous game, since making endings for 40+ characters would be rather annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back