Advice on starting a wrestling career..

JohnJohnson

aka JuanJuanson
Hey guys. I know there are a few people on this site that wrestle in the indies. I was wondering if anyone had some tips for getting there. I will be attending wrestling school in the spring. Currently I am training intensely in the gym, and in January I will be returning to my old BJJ school. I'm wondering if there is anything else I could be doing to prepare myself for school in the spring?

A little background, right now I am a little heavier than I usually am, but I'm slowly leaning out in the gym. I'm 5'9 275lbs, looking to get down to about 240 for wrestling. My overall physical health is good. I'm currently in the National Guard, and have been for 6 years, so I have to keep a decent enough fitness level to pass PT tests(which requires under 39 inch waist, 1.5 mile in under 13:36, and I think like 60 push ups and sit ups per minute). Spent a few years doing boxing, BJJ, mma.

I live in Texas so there are quite a few promotions to go to. Idk if there are any here that wrestled the Texas circuit, but if so, any advice on any of the promotions? Any recommendation for wrestling schools(preferably in Austin)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back