• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Administration/Moderation appreciation thread

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
I'm not sure where else to put this, and I'd hope this wouldn't be considered spam, but I'd just like to say thank you to all of you, especially a few of you I've dealt with personally like xfearbefore, HBK-aholic and NighShiftLoser for doing what you do here.

I moderate another forum myself, and I know how tough it can be, and we only have 500-odd members, not the 15K you are dealing with here.

You are generally quick to respond, and though I understand each moderator/administrator has his/her own level of leniency, the overall action you take is very gracious in "herding the sheep", so to speak. You allow for mistakes, and allot a good level of warnings prior to initiating the infractions, and even when the infractions start, you give users two points before any banning occurs.

While I don't agree with every facet of how the forum is run, or with how actions are taken, I realize that a place as large as this isn't easy to run, so I'd just like to say thank you to all of you for keeping it running. I sure as hell wouldn't want this job.

</ass kissing>

Not one mention of TM, nominated for Moderator of the year.

Disgusting.

Bot to get to the point, the staff at WrestleZone are some of the hardest working staff members I have ever seen, from the multiple forums I have been on. And on a forum that has unique rules like ours, they need to be. We also have the task of creating discussion in each of our own sections.

And best of all, we remain open to the members, if you need help, or have a question we are all here for you.

I'd like to point out though, that I wasn't a mod when I first started contacting you. You're a good poster, and I like what you bring to the TNA sections. I'd like to see you in an LD or 2 though...

Who are you?

Just kidding.:lmao: Thanks.

You're a pretty good poster from what I have read.

Feel free to be active in the Cigar Lounge. It's a great place to make a name.

Wasn't this thread in the Site Administration section? Anyway, you guys do your jobs very well mods. NSL has done a tremendous job in the TNA section. Its booming. TM. So you got nominated for Mod Of The Year. Worst things can happen. You could've been a self depreciating stupidy nominee like me... Yeah, right.

By the way, welcome to the Bar Room section, Real. I've been a fan of your posting since day one here on WZ. Looking forward to your posting future. You already have a friend in me. (/asskissing)

Wasn't this thread in the Site Administration section? Anyway, you guys do your jobs very well mods. NSL has done a tremendous job in the TNA section. Its booming. TM. So you got nominated for Mod Of The Year. Worst things can happen. You could've been a self depreciating stupidy nominee like me... Yeah, right.

I won't take all the credit for the TNA section. I'd say it was helped a bit by Hogan and Bischoff, and the fact it's just been better lately.

I also got a Mod-OTY nomination :glare:

I am in agreement here. The mods and admins here are all pretty sweet. If they werent I would have quiet posting here as soon as I started. I fuck up, I know this but if I have a question the mods do a great job of answering. And FTS gives great interweb hugs.

Im sorry let me rephrase that. FTS give the manliest, most badass interweb hugs a totally rockin dude like FTS could possible give.

Umm, you going to participate in your CLDL round this time? Round 2 is up.

Yes I am.

I am so sorry about last week. I was going to try and get in some last second posts, however, from Thursday night up until Tuesday morning, we did not have Internet access.

My fault, but I am going to participate this time around.

You are generally quick to respond, and though I understand each moderator/administrator has his/her own level of leniency, the overall action you take is very gracious in "herding the sheep", so to speak. You allow for mistakes, and allot a good level of warnings prior to initiating the infractions, and even when the infractions start, you give users two points before any banning occurs.

I was looking through the bar room and saw this thread I hope that it's ok to bump it. I agree with the above statement.

As a former admin here before the relaunch and 99% of you were here I have to say that the place is in great hands with the current staff. All I had was myself, two supers, a few mods no ip banning capabilities, posters returning 40-50 times literally after bannings, no proper warning system, and so on. It was hell because the former owner didn’t care about the place and it was literally impossible to get troublemakers to leave permanently (hence the prison to show some people that we wanted to give them a shot). I bring that up for one reason only which is to say that the current staff may seem overbearing at times, but it’s an absolute necessity with so many posters, so many sections, and so much activity. I have only communicated with a few mods since returning here as a no name but they’ve proven to be very helpful. So thanks to the staff for doing what is necessary to keep the discussions going and get rid of those who derail things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back