• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aces & Eights Story Line Plot Hole?

Now you know me, I'm a big TNA mark. And I'll defend TNA a lot. But last night...something seemed off about the Aces & Eights storyline, and it concerned Joseph Park...

Remember why Joseph Park got kidnapped? It was because he found out who was behind Aces & Eights! They knocked him out, destroyed his computer full of evidence and all kinds of other shit.

Well now he's free and back in the Impact Zone. So the question is...WHY HASN'T PARK REVEALED WHO THE LEADER IS?

Sure he may have lost the evidence, but he still knows who it was. I know he took Hogan to one side to talk with him off-camera but he couldn't have told Hogan about it because he would've just spilt the beans too! He has no reason not to!

It just seems weird...am I missing something critical? Why is nobody asking Park who is behind it?

I don't think he ever said he knew who was behind it, I believe he just said he found out something big. However I could be wrong about that. My problem with the story is that this biker gang, that is supposed to be a brotherhood, only has like 3 members that are patched in. I'm still interested in the story, as long as the payout is good I'll overlook plot holes.

Not really a plot hole. He said he had "incriminating information" on them. Not who leads them. Though it doesn't change the fact that he hasn't shared anything nor is he selling the fact that he was tortured.

I believe he walked into Hogans office on Impact and Hogan asked him what he found out. Parks then said he didn't want to talk in front of the cameras and that was that.

it's pretty obvious by the horrid job covering the voice up and his speaking patter that Eric Bischoff is the guy in the chair when Hogan and Sting we're in the clubhouse. I just hope there is a few "shockers" out of this not just whom we expect like Jarrett, Bischoff etc.

First I'd like to say that I don't get to watch TNA that much as I'm usually not home on thursdays when it airs, so I don't want to sound like an idiot. Maybe he knew about the Devon part and that was it, and now he doesn't really have anything else new on them. Idk that's just my input on the whole thing.

Not really a plot hole. He said he had "incriminating information" on them. Not who leads them.

Oh if that's the case, then okay that puts my mind at ease. I could've sworn he had found out who the leader was, Aces & Eights said he (Park) "was damn good" but yeah that could've just been referring to the evidence. Still I wonder what the evidence was all about, and if it will have any relevance later.

Feel free to lock this now mods.

First I'd like to say that I don't get to watch TNA that much as I'm usually not home on thursdays when it airs, so I don't want to sound like an idiot. Maybe he knew about the Devon part and that was it, and now he doesn't really have anything else new on them. Idk that's just my input on the whole thing.

That sounds good to me. lol. It's logical and not too complicated, it also seals up any plot holes.

I also kinda like the possible Idea of Abyss being in A's & 8's while Parks is on TNA's side. Parks can reveal Abyss as a member and that can be the info Parks found out. Obviously nobody (including Parks) knows they're the same guy. Could be interesting if its played out right.

(I want to make it clear I know why Devon hasn't been on TV, but lets shelf that for moment and keep things kayfabe)

I have a feeling Devon is a plant. He started out wanting to help Hogan. Then he drops off the face of the earth for a few weeks and now he's back with the bad guys but on opposite sides of the fence from his former protege Garett. Evil Devon doesn't fit his characters personality in TNA, especially when your reason for turning is stuff that happened 2 years ago and you already got some retribution for all of that. I still firmly think Abyss is involved with these guys, but maybe that's just because I'm most certain he played the president role a few times before and after Bischoff..

I wonder if Park is the president..

(I want to make it clear I know why Devon hasn't been on TV, but lets shelf that for moment and keep things kayfabe)

I have a feeling Devon is a plant. He started out wanting to help Hogan. Then he drops off the face of the earth for a few weeks and now he's back with the bad guys but on opposite sides of the fence from his former protege Garett. Evil Devon doesn't fit his characters personality in TNA, especially when your reason for turning is stuff that happened 2 years ago and you already got some retribution for all of that. I still firmly think Abyss is involved with these guys, but maybe that's just because I'm most certain he played the president role a few times before and after Bischoff..

I wonder if Park is the president..

I've been wondering the same thing. I can't piece it all together, but it seems that Park/Abyss is affiliated some how. Just don't figure how it will work out.

Hogan mentioned on Impact the night of championship Thursday that Devon couldn't sign a new contract even though they had been trying to get him resigned. so that's why Devon wasn't seen anymore.
I'm assuming that Devon feels that he wasn't getting paid enough and felt disrespected by TNA, and then Aces/Eights said hey Devon come on over to our side where we will treat you like a brother.

but I'm not sure that the information Joseph Park got was connected to Devon. depends on how long Devon was actually in with Aces/Eights. if he was still trying to negotiate with TNA while he was still TV champion then Joseph Park already had information before that, so I would assume Joseph Park's "info" was not about Devon.

I'm not sure how Joseph Park/Abyss plays out in this. I had read before BFG that Abyss was expected to return. I thought it could have been a good play to have Abyss return and people expecting him to be there to save his brother Joseph Park, but instead he turned on TNA and his brother.
I'm still hoping TNA can play out Joseph Park as actually being Abyss, just a different split personality. we saw some of that when he sidewalk slammed Bully in the one match, and maybe some of that when he broke the handcuffs at BFG.

I thought that was the purpose of hitting him in the head with a hammer after they destroyed his laptop. The hammer shot to the head = loss of memory of what he learned at Aces & 8's hq.

Okay, correct me if I've missed something. Chris Parkes volunteered his services to dig up info on As&8s and was meant to have discovered something big when captured. Now, there were two big questions at the time - 1) Who was behind As&8s? 2) Who was the insider who was supplying them with access and intel?

Devon stated that he was with the bikers from the very start on Thursday night which would make him a good answer to question two because he would have been due to attend all TV as the TV Champion and with the very public show he made of having Hogan's back, he would be privy to knowledge very beneficial to his new buddies. This being the sole evidence that Parks uncovered closes that circle.

I'm very impressed with this arc thus far, it harks back to older times were stories developed slowly.

The Devon part is a perfect example, Devon has always been over with live audiences while not appreciated by the IWC in general. So when it was revealed that he and Bully were negotiating new contracts, general consensus was "Bully - yes! Devon - :shrug:" When it transpired that he hadn't resigned, nobody really reacted. Even revelations that Hogan was apparently unhappy about this didn't raise any eyebrows but proved a great kayfabe subtext when the treachery was revealed. In these times of spoilers, it was great to have a genuine surprise.

I've seen people stating they can't see why Devon turned are confusing me though. Yes, Devon was TV Champ but he wasn't defending it every week despite Hogan's claims to the contrary. Despite a pretty loaded roster he was lumbered with the two Robbies and Bischoff's offspring. He was the one with the Gold and the long win streak and yet he was the forgotten member of Team 3D. Taken for granted and underappreciated? I think he has pretty good reason for being bitter.

Hogan mentioned on Impact the night of championship Thursday that Devon couldn't sign a new contract even though they had been trying to get him resigned. so that's why Devon wasn't seen anymore.
I'm assuming that Devon feels that he wasn't getting paid enough and felt disrespected by TNA, and then Aces/Eights said hey Devon come on over to our side where we will treat you like a brother.

but I'm not sure that the information Joseph Park got was connected to Devon. depends on how long Devon was actually in with Aces/Eights. if he was still trying to negotiate with TNA while he was still TV champion then Joseph Park already had information before that, so I would assume Joseph Park's "info" was not about Devon.

I'm not sure how Joseph Park/Abyss plays out in this. I had read before BFG that Abyss was expected to return. I thought it could have been a good play to have Abyss return and people expecting him to be there to save his brother Joseph Park, but instead he turned on TNA and his brother.
I'm still hoping TNA can play out Joseph Park as actually being Abyss, just a different split personality. we saw some of that when he sidewalk slammed Bully in the one match, and maybe some of that when he broke the handcuffs at BFG.

Wouldn't it be hilarious if Parks is not aware that he is also Abyss, and Abyss ends up being the leader of Aces and Eights?

Like, he is the leader of A&8's when he's Abyss, but then he sometimes snaps out of it and is just regular Joseph. Kinda like The Hulk and Bruce Banner, except Bruce doesn't know he's Hulk and he can't control it.

it's pretty obvious by the horrid job covering the voice up and his speaking patter that Eric Bischoff is the guy in the chair when Hogan and Sting we're in the clubhouse. I just hope there is a few "shockers" out of this not just whom we expect like Jarrett, Bischoff etc.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything. Remember, their concealed identities don't have to match their revealed identities.

But yeah, as much as I love to bash TNA for every idiotic thing they do(and I have plenty of opportunities), I can't for the life of me figure out what this supposed plot hole is in Aces & Eights. Not only did he not specifically say he knew who the leader was, but even if he did, the first thing he did when he came back was march straight to Hogan and speak to him alone. It's pretty easy to assume he wanted to talk to him about whatever he had figured out before he got kidnapped.

I agree that Joseph Park has to be a major player in the entire Aces & Eights storyline, but I wouldn't necessarily call his involvement a "plot hole" (at least not yet). As far as I understood what was happening, Joseph Park showed up on Impact a few weeks ago (whenever it was, I don't remember the exact date) telling Hogan & Sting that he was expecting a fax that would "blow this whole Aces & Eights thing wide open" (or something to that effect). I don't remember when he was supposed to receive the infamous "fax", if it was supposed to be later that night or on the next week's episode of Impact.

Either way, I think the fax Park was expecting is the reason that he was kidnapped by Aces & Eights; Park was either kidnapped by A&8s so that he couldn't reveal the information from the fax, or he was kidnapped so he wouldn't be able to accept the fax at all. Since the fax hasn't been referenced at all since Park's return, I'd have to assume that Joseph never got the information he was hoping to get. We also have to remember that Park never said he was "definitely" getting this information, just that the fax he was expecting had the potential to "blow the Aces & Eights situation wide open" (or whatever it was that he said). Another possibility is that Park did receive the fax, but it didn't have the information he thought it would...although that would be strange for a pro-wrestling plot, since why bother even mentioning it if it wasn't going to come through? ...and why would A&8s kidnap him at all, if there wasn't "incriminating" information on that fax? Either way, I'd like that question answered as well...but it obviously wasn't answered on the last episode of Impact. Maybe they'll address it later, but I think maybe we're just expected to forget about it all together.

I think it's more likely that we're meant to forget about the fax Chris Park was talking about all together, and we're now supposed to focus more on his kidnapping. When Park showed up in Hogan's office on the last episode of Impact, Hogan's first question was "what did you see?" - or whatever. The fax (and whatever info that it was supposed to contain) wasn't mentioned at all. Also, Hogan said something like "we've gotta get you in the gym" or something, which probably means that we'll see the Joseph Park character in a TNA ring - involved in a match against Aces & Eights.

Obviously Joseph's involvement in the A&8s storyline could prove to be the biggest piece of the puzzle, and that's why it seems like a "plot hole" right now (even though it's not, really - at least not yet). If Joseph's role in the A&8 storyline does turn out to be a huge part of the storyline, then that's the reason why these questions haven't been answered yet. Obviously TNA isn't going to give away a huge plot twist so soon, it's got to be stretched out so the story can progress slowly.

I'd imagine that the fax Joseph Park was expecting can still be sent to him, so now that he's "home" (no longer a kidnapped victim of Aces & Eights) he could have the fax sent again. But like I mentioned earlier, I think TNA expects us to just forget about that all together. As far as Hogan's question to Park ("what did you see?"), we didn't get any answers about that either. Park said all of that in private to Hogan (no cameras, no other wrestlers, etc), but my guess is that the A&8 members wore their masks the entire time they were around Park while he was "kidnapped" (and locked in that cage, or whatever). Honestly, I don't think that Park really "saw" anything during his time as a prisoner of the group. Then again, maybe all of that will be addressed in time. At least TNA didn't try to just breeze over Joseph's kidnapping without mentioning it at all (which they've been known to do in the past), I think that they just haven't revealed the story yet because (like I said earlier) Joseph's involvement in the A&8s storyline is such a big piece of the puzzle. There are so many possibilities of Abyss/Joseph Park's involvement in this storyline, and TNA wouldn't want to give the entire story away quite that quickly. That's my take on this whole thing, at least. I think that we'll get more answers from Joseph Park in the near-future, so it's not a case of there being "plot holes"...the "holes" are just questions that have yet to be answered (although I feel those questions will be answered over the next few weeks). We'll just have to be patient, and wait & see if those questions are answered or not. Once the whole story is revealed, there might still be plot holes - but as of now I think the story is progressing logically enough.

Yes I believe there is something to the Joseph Park/Abyss character that will play itself out in the Ace & Eight's storyline. Which in my opinion will be Abyss returning in some match as part of a larger Team TNA in a match versus Ace's & Eight's. It will be more than just a tag team match such as the one at Bound For Glory. I could see it either being something like a 5 on 5 with 1 pinfall or some sorta 4 on 4 or 5 on 5 survivor series type match that is elimination. And either Joseph Park or Abyss will be a member of Team TNA. Maybe like Park/Abyss, Bully Ray, Sting, Anderson, and maybe even Hogan himself matched up against Ace's & Eights. And maybe as one of you suggested it could be Eric Bischoff that could be the leader of Aces & Eight's(Bischoff was known to be a motorcycle enthusiast back in his WCW days,lol). And maybe Bischoff indeed is behind Ace's and Eight's and I have a feeling that Jeff Jarrett is also involved in some way or another.

But are we overlooking a very good possibility here? That which I speak of is Bully Ray!! All of a sudden are we supposed to really believe that Bully Ray is sided with Sting/Hogan? I really think that in the match I spoke of in the previous paragraph you could very well see Bully Ray turn against his partners on Team TNA and side with his brother Devon revealing himself to have been the one behind Aces & Eights all along. TNA has invested WAY too much time building Bully Ray as a massive heel to all of a sudden have him truly siding with Hogan and Sting. Revealing Bully Ray to be the head of Aces and Eight's could lead to even bigger things for Bully's heel character, including possibly Bully feuding with Jeff Hardy for the TNA Title. And with Aces and Eight's on Bully's side who is gonna stop him from winning the title? I just thing they have put way too much into Bully Ray's heel persona and building him up as a Heavyweight title contender to throw it all away now.

So yes I agree with alot of your predictions such as Park/Abyss being a major part of the storyline. And I still think Jeff Jarrett will be involved in some way because he's been off TV for way too long and it's time to see Jeff again. But for the reason's I stated above(sorry my post is so long,but this Aces & Eight's storyline is a good old school storyline that needs time to build and it deserves time to be written about as well). That is why I say when it's all said and done the leader of Aces & Eights will be revealed as BULLY RAY!!!

It has been a clusterfuck. At the star of Impact this week, the guh taling with his voice disguised was Hulk Hogan. It was plain to hear. And the guys in the ring when Devon did his promo, Chris Masters was the guy on the far right, looking at the screen. His eyes gave that away. TNA clearly have not devised how they are going to culminate this angle as it makes no sense anymore. Proper booking, you know the ending and you work backwards, so it makes sense. This has been atrocious. Ever since Jeff Jarrett was leaked as being the leader, it is now like TNA are doing whatever they can to throw us all off. As the idea was to be Jarrett and his TNA originals reclaiming their company, Devon does not fit that mould. Im all but over the Aces and Eights angle, there is nothing TNA can do with this now that will make people go "oh wow:
Bully Ray seems to obvious now to be the leader, there is no way he is going full face. Doesnt suit him at all. Reconciling with Devon is to me, a given. Abyss is going to be involved, as is Matt Morgan

I was kinda thinking the guy on the right was Chris Master's as well but didn't know if anyone else would've noticed or not. Whoever they do reveal as their leader be it: Jarrett, Bischoff, Bully, Abyss, or Doink the freakin Clown lol, my question are what are they planning to do with these guys that are hidden under the masks at this point. The guys such as Masters, Mike Knox and Luke Gallows(aren't they the 2 who were in the match at Bound For Glory?). You can't tell me that a faction of say Jarrett, Devon, Masters, Knox,and Gallows are really gonna have a run after they are revealed. Are they gonna use these guys or bring in others who have been rumored such as Morrison,Morgan,Abyss?

It has been a clusterfuck. At the star of Impact this week, the guh taling with his voice disguised was Hulk Hogan. It was plain to hear. And the guys in the ring when Devon did his promo, Chris Masters was the guy on the far right, looking at the screen. His eyes gave that away. TNA clearly have not devised how they are going to culminate this angle as it makes no sense anymore. Proper booking, you know the ending and you work backwards, so it makes sense. This has been atrocious. Ever since Jeff Jarrett was leaked as being the leader, it is now like TNA are doing whatever they can to throw us all off. As the idea was to be Jarrett and his TNA originals reclaiming their company, Devon does not fit that mould. Im all but over the Aces and Eights angle, there is nothing TNA can do with this now that will make people go "oh wow:
Bully Ray seems to obvious now to be the leader, there is no way he is going full face. Doesnt suit him at all. Reconciling with Devon is to me, a given. Abyss is going to be involved, as is Matt Morgan

no offence, but this is a problem with a lot of wrestling fans. they THINK they know what's going to happen. nobody knows Jeff Jarrett will be the leader. it's speculation. it might happen, it might not. just the same as everyone thought Bully Ray was going to turn on Sting at BFG, how did that turn out?
people already have it set out in their head how this should turn out, so anything other than that isn't good to them. that's total BS. just enjoy the damn story line and let it play out. stop trying to think you know what's going to happen.
as for Master being masked, doesn't really mean he will be in the group. he could simply be used as a body right now. I'm pretty sure D'Lo Brown was also used as the big guy in the mask talking, but I doubt ithat ends up being D'Lo. one of the things TNA has been doing is using different bodies so the internet fans couldn't tell who was going to be in the group.

one of the most shocking/surprising turns in wrestling history was when Hulk Hogan did the leg drop on Randy Savage and they created nWo. nobody thought that was going to happen and that's part of what made it so good.

Yea I think he was just referring to Devon, as for Eric I think they used him because he's great on the mic and wanted the leader to sound epic. As for Parks, if he was the leader, I think they can go the route of saying Abyss suffered a serious trauma at the hands of Bully Ray earlier this year and developed a split personality in Parks. We've seen moments where he becomes enraged and shows flares of Abyss. Including an epic black hole slam. It can explain some of the attacks towards Bully and also TNA for the way they handled him missing. No one cared but Parks, thats f'd up lol. As for Devon I think he's been pissed off at management for the way they handled his contract. Someone like Sting and Bully gets the full treatment, Devon can't get a re-negotiation or extension and TNA simply allows it run out, making matters worse.

I'm still wondering why everybody that is speculating this and speculating that isn't just coming out saying the fact that, that Abyss=Parks. There is no way that Parks and Abyss are 2 different people. As far as the leader of the A's and 8's. It could even be Kevin "frickin" Nash for all we know...lol. Like a previous comment was said.. nobody knows what's going to happen that's what makes it so good....

oh about the aces and 8s storyline.. to be honest i cant stand tna... and im not trolling or hateing.. it just has gotten really bad.. but the aces and 8s storyline has got me hooked and watching every week again... with devon being a member shocked the heck out of me.. but i wonder what route they will take this... becus i hope they dont stop it now.. cus they just got full access into the impact zone.. i hope we get more members unmasked soon to. and i have no clue who the leader is.. but i am very interested.

I'm still wondering why everybody that is speculating this and speculating that isn't just coming out saying the fact that, that Abyss=Parks. There is no way that Parks and Abyss are 2 different people. As far as the leader of the A's and 8's. It could even be Kevin "frickin" Nash for all we know...lol. Like a previous comment was said.. nobody knows what's going to happen that's what makes it so good....

I think it is because nobody (perhaps including TNA creative) knows if Joseph Parks and Abyss are the same character. I mean, they are obviously the same Actor/same wrestler, but this does not mean they will not remain distinct characters.

I also think that not even TNA creative are yet sure who the leader of Aces and Eights is, either. I feel they are keeping options open, to avoid spoilers leaking out, and because they are hoping for acquisitions that are not yet final.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back