• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aces and Eights Reveals Two More Members

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Again, your only spoiler warning. If you opened this thread, too bad for you.

In what was TNA's worst kept secret, Garett Bischoff and Wes Brisco were revealed as members of the Aces and Eights in the main event with Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson, proceeding to beat Kurt down after he won the match.

This should shock few, and impress even fewer considering the talent level of both men, but if I'm being completely honest, if anything can get Garett over, it's this Aces and Eights angle where he might just be able to build a bit of "X-Pac heat" by being a legitimate crowd unfavorite.

Thoughts on the reveals?

I thought it was funny how when he was revealed there was like a half second of shock and then a long chorus of boos

As someone who rarely watches TNA but half-ass knows what's going on... I thought Garrett was already revealed judging by the way people talked on this forum haha!

LOL people predicted the two was in A&8s months ago before wes was even on gut check.tna is so predictable.they do this same invasion storyline about every two years.oh wait lemme guess who the leader/leaders are im willing to bet it will be eric bitchoff and jeff jarret.they need to end this storyline already

I don't think this will get Garret Bischoff over; I think this will further bury Aces and Eights. Garret Bischoff is poison. X-Pac heat isn't good heat; it's "you make us reconsider spending our money here" heat. That's what Garrett Bischoff is.

I don't want to see him get over with the crowd. I want to see his father suggest to him that his role might be on the other side of the cameras. Like, for instance, the guy holding a camera, or the guy who tapes down the wires so no one trips.

LOL people predicted the two was in A&8s months ago before wes was even on gut check.tna is so predictable.they do this same invasion storyline about every two years.oh wait lemme guess who the leader/leaders are im willing to bet it will be eric bitchoff and jeff jarret.they need to end this storyline already

Yeah Tna is so predictable? Did you also predict that Bobby Roode was going to win the title at BFG or did you predict James Storm was going to win the Bound for glory series. Or Jeff Hardy would win it, Did you predict Storm vs Roode in the main event at Bound for glory? Yeah you probably did.

Anyway I thought how they revealed themselves was awesome. These guys aren't going to be big time stars but everybody can't be big time stars. This is just a small reveal to progress the storyline. I ''Predict" the reveal of the Higher Power is going to be bigger than people expect.

And lastly I'm so sick of people hating on Garet Bischoff the guy just wants to make a living doing what he loves, it's in his blood. Could you imagine if you wanted to do something and people were riding you into the ground. It wouldn't feel so good if the shoe was on the other foot.

I don't see this ultimately doing any favors for Bischoff, Brisco or Aces & Eights.

The one time I've seen Brisco in the ring wasn't much to speak of and I see him being little more than, generally, a low level thug in Aces & Eights.

Garett Bischoff is pretty much poison right now. He's among the overall least talented members of the TNA roster and people just aren't likely to forget that. Everyone knows that Bischoff is where he is because of his father and that's detrimental to his career. He's the perfect example of someone with a ton of connections being shoved down people's throats who doesn't have the ability to deserve it.

They haven't put a championship on him yet, so that's one saving grace, but it wouldn't surprise me if that happens in the near future.

If anything, this further depletes what little interest I have left in the Aces & Eights storyline as a whole.

Isn't it time to drop the biker gimmick?

They are not a biker gang or anything of the sort. This angle has done nothing but put different "known" wrestlers in different spots. Whoever this leader is they must be the most influential person in wrestling-no human history. How the hell did they recruit all of these guys and not have one guy say, "No thank you."

If nothing else this was an opportunity to bring in never widely seen before talent that might make sense as actual bikers. Devon, Knox, Festus, the recruitment of Anderson are ffine. Taz, Brisco, Bischoff are just horrible decisions that do nothing for Aces and Eights or TNA.

Unless the leader and mastermind is an alien with mind control powers this angle has gone from shocking to intriguing to stale to boring to stupid to unwatchable during it's course.

Who am I kidding? I'll watch to find out who the leader is because I've put too much time in to this and want to hear "Why?".

But fuck Garrett, he blows and has no business in this business, Brisco seems like a giant dumb goon with no brains and therefore no talent. Not much of a reveal since everyone said it was coming and I think even after that match Angle could have killed both guys plus Anderson and A's & 8's Meatball by himself.

Good. Now I can hate their guts for more reasons than being absolutely horrible.

I ... really don't care now. This wasn't a shocker, but even if it DID surprise me I wouldn't care. These guys can't talk, they can't wrestle, they look like crap, they have NO redeeming qualities to them.

They're just minions and people to stand in the foreground. I don't give a shit.

These guys are nothing more than place-fillers in Aces & Eights that provides the stable with more numbers and members whose names are familiar to the audience. They do nothing more for the product since they're useless to begin with.

And lastly I'm so sick of people hating on Garet Bischoff the guy just wants to make a living doing what he loves, it's in his blood. Could you imagine if you wanted to do something and people were riding you into the ground. It wouldn't feel so good if the shoe was on the other foot.
Hey, I wanted to be a professional baseball player. But I sucked at it. Should you be forced to watch me as part of the Boston Red Sox when you purchase a ticket? After all, I just want to make a living doing something that I love- could you possibly imagine the Boston sports pages riding me into the ground for that?

I'm not watching TNA so I can feel happy for Garrett Bischoff getting to achieve his dream. I watch TNA- not much, lately- because I want, or hope, to be entertained. Garrett Bischoff sucks at entertaining people. Anyone else in his position would have been moved off camera by now, but we keep seeing the same guy no one- well, yourself- is interested in being placed into sizable roles within the company.

It's great if you want to achieve your dream, but you should also be good at what you choose to do.
Isn't it time to drop the biker gimmick?

They are not a biker gang or anything of the sort. This angle has done nothing but put different "known" wrestlers in different spots. Whoever this leader is they must be the most influential person in wrestling-no human history. How the hell did they recruit all of these guys and not have one guy say, "No thank you."
Every decade, Eric Bischoff needs (does this count as a spoiler, since we all pretty much know he's leading A/8?) to relive a biker fantasy on television. Look at it this way- Jay Leno isn't wrestling in TNA yet.

while I agree that Garrett Bischoff as a heel could be better, he's still lousy in the ring...I think he's best used for just promos like his dad....as for Wes Brisco, it's still too early for me to answer if he's good or bad in the ring and I don't mind his promos either....now for how I feel about the reveal...for Garrett Bischoff, if this happened 8 months ago, I would be 100% shocked, BUT the hot rumor lately was that he was a member, so that lost a lot of my shock. As for Wes Brisco, I saw him being with Aces and Eights months back, I saw this coming....Wes' hair gives it away for who he was in the Aces and Eights, so I wasn't shocked on him joining. I thought for sure that when he had the Gut Check promo that Aces and Eights would surround the ring, then he would join, so I was just waiting for him to show he was an Aces and Eights guy.

My main problem with it is that TNA needs to be live and when it's a pre-taped show you don't do reveal like those, you just don't. Imagine if when Tazz took his jacket off it was a pre-taped show, the impact (sorry for the pun) wouldn't have been the same.

TNA were finally live most of the time and now they announce that they are talking the show on the road and will tape two shows each night (or is it one live and one taped, would be less worst that way).

The problem with taped shows is that you can decide in advance if you feel like it's worth watching or not based on the spoilers, they need to be live.

As for Garrett and Wes I think it's a good idea, I don't HATE any of the two and look forward to what they can bring, but they need to get somewhere fast with Aces and Eights.

I don't think this will get Garret Bischoff over; I think this will further bury Aces and Eights. Garret Bischoff is poison. X-Pac heat isn't good heat; it's "you make us reconsider spending our money here" heat. That's what Garrett Bischoff is.

I don't want to see him get over with the crowd. I want to see his father suggest to him that his role might be on the other side of the cameras. Like, for instance, the guy holding a camera, or the guy who tapes down the wires so no one trips.

Let me be clear here: I don't actually think this will get Garett over. Not for a second. But if anything could/might, it's this, because he's now been thrust into the company's biggest story arc, and arguably their most important as they're taking the show on the road. If he fails at this (which I too agree he will), there will be no excuses left as to why he's not getting over.

This is a calculated risk, though, because like Pac, no one refused to pay when he was on a card because despite the fact they hated him, he was associated with a group/angle that people did pay to see. That's the same position Garett is in here. While no one would pay to see him, they might still pay to see someone finally kick the shit out of Aces and Eights, even if he happens to be involved.

My thought is why couldn't Mr. Anderson have been involved in that post-match beatdown? Was he that worn out from the match that he couldn't have gotten some of his heat back? I was expecting something to happen during the match, not after. I don't really have an opinion on Wes, but Garrett to me has been kind of meh. Maybe a heel turn is for the best. (Why did Wes choose not to go to WWE anyway? Isn't Gerald his Dad?) My concern is with these two additions, Mr. Anderson will be pushed down the Aces and Eights food chain. (What with Eric Bischoff rumored to be a part of the group.)

So, Devon's back-up plan for the Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle cage match was for Wes and Garrett to attack Angle AFTER the match?

When Garrett first came into TNA I did'ent have too much of a problem with it. The guy was playing a Heel ref who turned out to be the son of Eric Bischoff's son and if your going to bring somebody in to play the role of Eric's son then who better then his real life flesh and blood. After this TNA made a massive mistake by letting Garrett get in the ring and wrestle. The guy is just terrible in the ring and his mic skills are just as bad. He is by far the worst wrestler on the roster and looks as if he as turned up for his first day at a wrestling school. Don't get me wrong he might be a nice guy and all, but not even putting him in the Aces and eights can help Garrett. All its going to do is kill the storyline off completely before you ever get to find out who the higher power is.

As far as Brisco goes, I still have a bit of hope left for him and maybe just maybe having him revealed as a member of the aces and eight's might just be what he needs. the guy's look is not to bad and while he has been in TNA for a while know, we still have not seen that much of him in the ring and if he can go out and have a few good matches i'm sure that the fans will get behind him.

Who are aces and 8's??? hahahahahahaha i kid but seriously this angle sux. Can something happen? what the hell was the point of taz joining? so he could do heel commentary... he still sounds the same and a botchamania 4 set, 3 hour cd could be released of his commentary. If they wanted aces and 8's to be good they would have made the group with 5 or 6 people. This just seems TAR-DID now.

This whole angle is lacking. None of these guys seem like bikers. It's a bunch of mid card jobbers with no real appeal,other than Anderson maybe.

Case in point about Garrett Bischoff- people are so disappointed in his inclusion in this angle that no one here even gives a shit about Wes Brisco. Would they have given a shit about him anyways? Probably not. But he's not even in the discussion.

People aren't waiting and hoping to see Garrett Bischoff take a beatdown, unless it's Syracuse style.
Let me be clear here: I don't actually think this will get Garett over. Not for a second. But if anything could/might, it's this, because he's now been thrust into the company's biggest story arc, and arguably their most important as they're taking the show on the road. If he fails at this (which I too agree he will), there will be no excuses left as to why he's not getting over.

This is a calculated risk, though, because like Pac, no one refused to pay when he was on a card because despite the fact they hated him, he was associated with a group/angle that people did pay to see. That's the same position Garett is in here. While no one would pay to see him, they might still pay to see someone finally kick the shit out of Aces and Eights, even if he happens to be involved.
Ugh, don't remind me that this is TNA's biggest angle. Because it's dead. If it's not dead, it's in a hospital Ariel Sharon style- it's not coming back to life without the intervention of God Almighty himself. I thought the inclusion of Taz might help it out, but they followed it up with... Garrett and Wes.

Now Garrett Bischoff has a chance to be a drag on the whole show. Fuck, were you trying to depress me today?

My thought is why couldn't Mr. Anderson have been involved in that post-match beatdown? Was he that worn out from the match that he couldn't have gotten some of his heat back? I was expecting something to happen during the match, not after. I don't really have an opinion on Wes, but Garrett to me has been kind of meh. Maybe a heel turn is for the best. (Why did Wes choose not to go to WWE anyway? Isn't Gerald his Dad?) My concern is with these two additions, Mr. Anderson will be pushed down the Aces and Eights food chain. (What with Eric Bischoff rumored to be a part of the group.)

So, Devon's back-up plan for the Mr. Anderson vs. Kurt Angle cage match was for Wes and Garrett to attack Angle AFTER the match?

I think they are leaving the possibility of a future Anderson face turn open. "what did you expect? I'm an asshole. Did you really think you could trust me in your little club?"

I imagine that a wwe offer was not on the table for brisco, but Gerald did not want him to get lost in the nxt shuffle. If he can manage to get over at TNA, I am sure Vince will find a position for him.

Yeah, Devon is quite the mastermind. Stupid plan.

This turn by "Bischco" was more obvious than than Brooke's breasts. It makes me fear that the folks who have been predicting Garret's dad as the leader of a&8s. Or Jarret, or both. I hope not, though. I would rather it be Sting, with Ray and Brooke. I am still holding out hope that it is something actually, you know, surprising. Or good, or both.

(Why did Wes choose not to go to WWE anyway? Isn't Gerald his Dad?)
After his amateur wrestling career he had an offer from the WWE, but he chose to pursue his professional wakeboarding career first. After that he decided to wrestle professionally and was still gifted with a WWE developmental contract in '09. He actually held the FCW tag titles with Consequences Creed(Xavier Woods). He suffered an injury that kept him out for a few months and was released before he was ready to return to the ring.

As for the topic(because god forbid, after I had a post inexplicably deleted in the WWE section yesterday, that I address someone's post in a way relevant to the topic without very specifically addressing the topic itself)...

Aside from Taz and Devon none of the Aces and Eights reveals have seemed important because everyone already knew that Knox, Festus, Brisco, and Bischoff were under the masks anyway. It was just a matter of how long TNA would wait before unmasking them.

Hopefully the reveal of the leaders will be more in line with the reveals of Devon and Taz- in other words, not the people we all expect.

No idea. The actual numbers vary enormously from week to week.

There's one more big-guy, the VP and the higher power at least...

This will probably give Garret even more heat like previously stated, but it's still not good like the heat Bully Ray used to get. He won't get over. And this is part of the problem with the A&8's; besides Devon, Anderson, and possibly Taz, this faction is seriously lagging in major star power. This story has gone on too long without any payoff at all. Garret and Wes are just some young Turks in the mix now, but I don't even think they will get what everyone calls "X-Pac heat". Remember that at one point in time Pac was popular with a select audience. I'm trying to be nice when I say that Garret and/or Wes should not now or ever be apart of a major program. All you're doing is making it fluff, if that's a correct way of putting it.

How many unknown members are left?

I'm going to guess that the only remaining reveals will be the two in charge. Brisco and Garrett were predicted choices because we had seen proof that they had worn the masks during segments in the past, and the storyline was set up for them to be predictable swerves.

Taz and Devon were the "shock" reveals, the guys we didn't see coming. Devon was needed because he was the first reveal when the team needed a guy with a known face. Taz was revealed to give the group a voice on commentary, a better mouthpeice, and simply to produce the shock moment during the wedding.

Knox and DOC were the masked guys that were doing all the wrestling during the mathces that didn't involve Devon or had multiple members. As much as we saw them in the ring it was only logical we would eventually find out who they were.

Anderson was the NWO-style "let's just throw a guy with a name that we have nothing for into the group for the hell of it". It worked to get Anderson back on TV as well as give A&8s a former world champ who slightly raised their stock from a wrestling standpoint.

There are no other masked members that we have become accustomed to seeing weekly playing what seems like an important role in the club. So there is likely no other "unmasking" forth coming. The only other likely additions are the two higher-ups and maybe another guy(s) joining from the outside, ala' Anderson.

*My one aside to this is that there is a heavier member we see frequently with the group who is likely black due to the fact that all of his skin is always covered the same way Devon's was prior to his reveal. This is likely D-Lo playing the role. So considering the whole Brisco/Al Snow Gutcheck situation that saw D-Lo happen into the judging position, whether D-Lo is one of the people in charge or not, he may indeed be revealed as part of the group. Or not. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back