Absolute Best Baby Face (1995-2000)

Who was the absolute best baby face in the WWE, 1995-2000?

• "Stone Cold" Steve Austin

• Mick Foley

• Undertaker

• The Rock

• "HBK" Shawn Michaels

• Bret Hart

• Hardy Boyz

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
T

T_Mighty_J_Mitch

Welcome to the latest installment of WWE's Absolute Best here on the WZ forums!

We're evaluating the WWE product blast from the past style...1995-2000!

This week, we're moving on to baby face.

Who was the absolute best baby face, in the WWE, 1995-2000?

(1995-2000) "Absolute Best" Past Winners

Heel: Triple H

Baby Face: ???

(2001-2006) "Absolute Best" Past Winners

Heel: Triple H

Baby Face: "HBK" Shawn Michaels

Tag-Team: Edge & Christian

On The Mic: The Rock

Feud: Triple H vs. "HBK" Shawn Michaels

Female: Trish Stratus

Match: The Rock vs. Steve Austin -WrestleMania 17

I'd have to go with the Rock, I can't remember a Superstar as over as he was. He had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand.

Well ima have to go wit The hardyz...See in those 5 years, Austin wasnt a a tru BABY FACE..HBK was out, the rock was a heel in the 90s and was a asshole, these hardys were NO BODIES and got loud pops consistantly

Pure Baby Faces None of this intween crap

SUCKKKAA

stone cold, he was so over for most of those five years, that its gotta be him, he just won the crowd over

I also went with the Texas Rattlesnake. Seriously, it's not even close. He was such an intriguing character that took the wrestling world by storm. Probably the biggest star of all time, and made the WWF so much fucking money.

During this period, he broke out. Won KOTR, feuded with Bret, and eventually had to turn face because the fans were cheering the ever living shit out of him. He won the title in 98, and went on to set records. Despite his injuries, he still also had some great matches, and a very sucessful comeback in 2000.

but he was the best damn baby face from 1998-2000 and thats the bottom line

Umm im going to go with Shawn Michaels, He was the best from 95 Through 97 as a face, He was red hot for the wwe Fans loved him, Everyone was so high on him, Even though i personally liked him better as a ****y Heel many people loved to love him, And he had a very good Face Title run through 96 after beating bret at Wm 12 so yeah he is my pick

im saying the rock, he had so much charisma, and even when he was a heel he was a face cuz the crowd loved him

^ wrong Austin became a face in in mid 97... Ask for the absolute best babyface I gotta go with The Hitman, he wasn't the most charasmatic guy but got loud cheers a a face...

got to be Austin,wish i could beat my boss up and earn lots of cash

Stone Cold Stever Austin, The Rattlesnake, Austin 3:16. Give me a Hell Yeah if you agree with me people!

I chose the Hitman. I don't look at the majority of the other wrestlers in the list as typical babyfaces, though. The majority of them were anti-heros. They'd do bad-guy type stuff, but the Attitude era crowds were so bloodthirsty and sick in the head that they cheered anyway. They were over...but they were also kind of evil. When Hart was hated during the US/Canada angle, it was only here in the States. Canada still loved him, and he just resorted to fighting fire with fire, but Stone Cold and the other guys were just cooler to the general fans.

I picked Mick Foley because I thought as Mankind with Socko he was better than anyone else at playing the babyface. Austin wasn't really a babyface, so much as a badass that people caught on to. The Rock was always better as a heel, but Foley is more versatile than both and, I believe, made the best face of the bunch.

well I know it says WWF but all of those guys were HEELS at one point! I will tell you the best in that period, BUT since WWF was hurting until 99-00 it is going to be a WCW guy

95-01 BEST BABYFACE
1. STING
2. GOLDBERG
3.DDP

Austin and the Rock for me as well. What was great about Austin is that he wasnt either good or bad. Somewhere in the middle and he pulled it off better than anyone ever did.

The great thing about the Rock is that he's one of those guys where you heard his music and went nuts cus you were in for a show.