• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

AAA wrestling is a joke

CCS

Getting Noticed By Management
For those of you who dont know, AAA is a wrestling federation in Mexico.

I started watching AAA about a year ago. I didnt really have a reason why, I was just bored. At first I was a bit amused by seeing such stars as Jack Evans, Bryan Danielson, Teddy Hart, and X-Pac. Then I realized that these great talents barely ever wrestle on the AAA shows. Most of the time they just stand around looking goofy. So after I was disapointed about how badly they use the American talent, I got to see the phenomenal lucha wrestlers! That was the worst shit I've ever seen in my life. Every heel wrestler either looked like a member of KISS or they had some stupid evil looking gimmick. And every face wrestler came out DANCING that's right THEY FUCKING DANCE. How in the name of God they think a guy is going to get over by looking like a gay stripper, I'll never know.

The entire booking strategy is just ridiculous. They dont use their best talent, but they push overweight men named "Super Porky" Even the way they book matches is stupid. They have the faces winning by using heel tactics. It's just so annoying and ridiculous. They have a ton of great talent, but they're so moronic they cant utilize it. I would not recomend AAA wrestling to any person. Unless they like watching men in face paint wrestling men who look like chippendales rejects.

Lol well I take it then you must not be a fan of my lucha thread. Personally I like AAA although I have to agree with you about the fact they don't utilize they're talent enough. I don't like the fact they bring foreigners in (Like Evans, Hart, Waltman, Kenzo Suzuki, etc) as I feel it takes away from the perfectly fine (Homegrown as it were) roster they have. Not to take anything away from those guys because they are very good wrestlers in their own right (for the most part lol).

At first the dancing didn't bother me but it got old real quick. I want to see wrestling not dancing. They do have good wrestlers on the roster like Zorro, Chessman, Mesias is actually getting better than anything I have seen him do in the past year imho, La Real Fuerza Aerea is very good, I do like La Secta even though people think they are overrated lol. Gato Eveready is a good in ring worker, Abismo Negro was good but he has kind of fallen to the wayside in the past year or so. There are many others like you said but what can you do when the booking is bad?

The women's division though could use some more talent and I think they are far better than here in the states. They don't walk around looking like stick figures who are afraid to do anything in the ring because they might pop an implant. They bleed, get their heads shaved, etc. and don't seem to be afraid to do it.

They could also expand they're mini division a lot. Sometimes the mini's overshadow they're regualr sized namesakes lol. CMLL has a very good mini division although they don't show them often enough I think. But that is a different promotion.

Like I stated in my lucha thread, I think AAA was better when Antonio Pena was alive as his son Dorian is trying to be too much like the WWE of Mexico. They have hardcore matches which is pointless because they use chairs (or in Zorro's case a kendo stick) in practically every match and never get a DQ.

Sorry this is off topic but I want to use it as an example. I watched CMLL once and Ultimo Guerrero went agaisnt Mistico. Well UG hit Mistco with something (I think it was a piece of wood plank for the floor?) and he got a DQ. I was wondeirng what the hell was up with him getting a DQ out of nowhere and I remembered I was watching CMLL not AAA lol. That is really bad.

From what I've seen of CMLL I actually like it. They have good talent that put on good matches. But AAA is just too ridiculous for my liking. They would be ok if they didnt do so much ridiculous stuff. If they took a more serious approach to their booking I really think the product would be a lot better. It also wouldnt hurt to let somone have a run with the title besides Ricky Banderas. Ricky is good but he can grow a bit stale as champion. I suggest putting the title on La Parka. Some U.S. fans know who he is so it would be some good publicity for him..............just make sure he quits dancing.

For those of you who dont know, AAA is a wrestling federation in Mexico.

I started watching AAA about a year ago. I didnt really have a reason why, I was just bored. At first I was a bit amused by seeing such stars as Jack Evans, Bryan Danielson, Teddy Hart, and X-Pac. Then I realized that these great talents barely ever wrestle on the AAA shows. Most of the time they just stand around looking goofy. So after I was disapointed about how badly they use the American talent, I got to see the phenomenal lucha wrestlers! That was the worst shit I've ever seen in my life. Every heel wrestler either looked like a member of KISS or they had some stupid evil looking gimmick. And every face wrestler came out DANCING that's right THEY FUCKING DANCE. How in the name of God they think a guy is going to get over by looking like a gay stripper, I'll never know.

The entire booking strategy is just ridiculous. They dont use their best talent, but they push overweight men named "Super Porky" Even the way they book matches is stupid. They have the faces winning by using heel tactics. It's just so annoying and ridiculous. They have a ton of great talent, but they're so moronic they cant utilize it. I would not recomend AAA wrestling to any person. Unless they like watching men in face paint wrestling men who look like chippendales rejects.

It's really a shame that you only got into it within the last year. When I was a kid, there were wrestlers in AAA that were legends in Mexico. This is the place where the likes of people such as Eddie Guerrero (Eddy in Mexico) Rey Mysterio Jr, Psichosis, La Parka, etc... all got their big starts. When I was a kid, there was one wrestler in particular, that was like a god to Mexican fans. His name was Octagon. If you ever watched him wrestle, it was like watching a gift from the gods move through the air, doing things you didn't think were possible. (Wrestling) AAA/CMLL are to Mexico, what (Soccer) UEFA is to Europe. It's not a hobby, or a sport, but a pastime. It wasn't fake to the people. There were riots in arenas when the bad guys (Rudos) would cheat to win. It was a beautiful, pure art form. Now, I have to agree with you. Today, It's a freakin' joke. You've basically got all the people who stopped being relevant in the US going down to AAA trying to become stars again. It's pathetic now. Had you seen it in it's glory days, I don't think that you'd have the same opinion now...

From what I've seen of CMLL I actually like it. They have good talent that put on good matches. But AAA is just too ridiculous for my liking. They would be ok if they didnt do so much ridiculous stuff. If they took a more serious approach to their booking I really think the product would be a lot better. It also wouldnt hurt to let somone have a run with the title besides Ricky Banderas. Ricky is good but he can grow a bit stale as champion. I suggest putting the title on La Parka. Some U.S. fans know who he is so it would be some good publicity for him..............just make sure he quits dancing.

Yeah although I do like Mesias a lot I really didn't think it was fair to put the belt on him after Ciber left. I was really hoping they would give to Chessman but no such luck. If you watch Verano de Escandalo you can plainly see the people were behind Chessman. They wanted him as the champ but for some reason they won't give it to him. I think it may be that even though he is a rudo, he is still very popular with the crowd. They wanted him to be hated by the fans but he isn't, they didn't want Ciber as champ anymore (which is why I suspect he left for the short term. So that when he does return people will actually like him).

I was reading a blog of someone who watches lucha and they were talking about the Mesias/Zorro match at Guerra de Titanes. Before the match started they decided to make it a ladder match at the last minute. Well during the match Chessman ran out and knocked out both Mesias and Zorro and grabbed a ladder to climb up and steal the belt. The person said that you know you have been watching AAA to long when that happens during a match, and it is a perfectly acceptable way for someone who isn't even supposed to be in the match to get a belt lol.

With AAA they are obviously doing what WWE does when it come to their belts. They are giving it to someone they think can draw (which is why HHH/Edge are champions again/still) and with Mesias a tecnico they must think he will be more popular.

Not really sure about puttin the belt on Parka though. I doubt it would help much publicity wise for AAA to have him be champ. Even though people might be familiar with the gimmick the person under the mask is not the same guy that was in WCW many many moons ago lol. But that might not matter to most people

I think the reason why CMLL is so different from AAA is that they are a more traditional lucha style company. All of their matches are still 2 of 3 falls for the most part (although they have been introducing those new lightning matches which worries me. Those are just a single fall), They use two refs in the ring as opposed to one, any use of weapons is cause for a DQ, and so and so forth. It is good that they are still doing that and I hope they continue to do so, not to mention they're mini and womens division surpass AAA's (in terms of how many luchadores/luchadoras they have on the roster and how they are utilized) right now.

[QUOTE="Bad Ass" Johnny Gunnz;852464]It's really a shame that you only got into it within the last year. When I was a kid, there were wrestlers in AAA that were legends in Mexico. This is the place where the likes of people such as Eddie Guerrero (Eddy in Mexico) Rey Mysterio Jr, Psichosis, La Parka, etc... all got their big starts. When I was a kid, there was one wrestler in particular, that was like a god to Mexican fans. His name was Octagon. If you ever watched him wrestle, it was like watching a gift from the gods move through the air, doing things you didn't think were possible. (Wrestling) AAA/CMLL are to Mexico, what (Soccer) UEFA is to Europe. It's not a hobby, or a sport, but a pastime. It wasn't fake to the people. There were riots in arenas when the bad guys (Rudos) would cheat to win. It was a beautiful, pure art form. Now, I have to agree with you. Today, It's a freakin' joke. You've basically got all the people who stopped being relevant in the US going down to AAA trying to become stars again. It's pathetic now. Had you seen it in it's glory days, I don't think that you'd have the same opinion now...[/QUOTE]

No offense as I see where your coming from but at this point remembering the glory days are pretty irrelevant. Octagon was good back in the day but now he is heavier and doesn't do anything in the ring. He is like the Hulk Hogan of AAA doing the same moves over and over in the ring. I think that some of the younger stars nowadays are like that when it comes to doing things that you think people can't do. But AAA seems content to push groups like the La Legion Extranjera to the moon and ignore everyone else. I know they want to get heat from the crowd but that is ridiculous.

Okay I have to rant here:

You have people like Oriental and Alebrije who are underrated but are good in the ring. Oriental has one the most beautiful moonsaults I have seen. Alebrije with Cuijie is is good for the little kids as a character for them to like.

One thing that really pissed me off last year about AAA was if you watched Rey de Reyes, Triplemania, Verano de Escandalo, and Guerra de Titanes it was basically the same damn teams going against each other. RdR was a little different (that was because Chessman and Teddy Hart were partners. Aside from a few miscommunication moments I thought they worked well together. They would make an excellent tag team were they ever to do that but I doubt it. And this was before they brought Evans in).

It was always Mexican Powers, La Familia de Tijuana, or Hart Foundation 2. Of course now they have La Hermandad in there but I lump them in with everyone else because Joe Lider was a member of Mexican Powers and he started La Hermandad with Nicho (the orignal Psicosis) and he participated in most of the matches. I mean honestly how many times do we have to watch these guys go against each other? That gets old real quick too.

I think the feud with the Apaches and the Morenos is really old, can we get some more contendars for the mixed tag belts? They really need to expand that division in a bad way. I like the Morenos and the Apaches but watching them go against each other over and over is boring. We need new blood here people and real quick.

Okay I think I am finished with my mini rant.....

[QUOTE="The Living Legend" Johnny Gunnz;852464]When I was a kid, there was one wrestler in particular, that was like a god to Mexican fans. His name was Octagon. [/QUOTE]

Octagon was indeed the shit. There's a guy named Aerostar that I like now...although I think he's in CMLL.

How AAA is a joke again?

The dancing(La Parka,Latin Lover,Marco and Elegido only does) is a part of lucha and the AAA environment. Pena love that crap and the fans love it even more. They don't dance the entire match or anything so I don't see the problem. The fans love it,plain and simple.

AAA is doing pretty well right now despite the never ending Legion storyline which should end at this year's Triplemania. The cruiserweight tournament has been great(see Hart vs. Evans) and Mesias vs. Chessman cage match is still my match of the year. The attendance is doing great,tv ratings is 3x more than CMLL main show,the US tour was a huge success and they did better than TNA ever done in the US when it comes to attendance(plus they actually sell tickets). The fans love it, obviously it's working.Mesias is the most popular guy that wrestle in Mexico full time in 2008(this coming from the yearly televisa poll) and he is over as a babyface.

CMLL on the other hand is doing terrible business and they can barely draw 5000 unless they have a HUGE match with a stip or ppv. Ever since Perro Jr left, the company been going on a downslide. Marco,Romero and Koslov jump to AAA,Wagner gave up and decided to go with AAA. Nothing is happening in the promotion worth talking about and the matches are not great enough to justify anything. The mini division even got stale. CMLL needs to push Sombra strong to the point where he should be taking people hair and masks every other month.

How is AAA a joke again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back