• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A twist/addition to a proposed Reigns heel turn

JoeFromTomsRiver

Championship Contender
A possible double turn during the championship match, with Heyman helping Reigns win, has been discussed at length.

But I say, do something more with it.

Not only give Reigns the rub with Heyman, but freshen up two of your best workhorses by turning them heel and putting them with Heyman as well.

Time for a new faction as the Authority is going to be put to rest for a while I think.

The SST (Samoan Swat Team) - Reigns and the Usos managed by Heyman.

Heyman managed the two-man SST (later known as the Headshrinkers).

Reigns has a "Swat team" gimmick going already.

It makes too much sense.

Heyman could control the world title and the tag titles. (after helping Usos beat Kidd/Cesaro) Having Heyman involved on TV as much as Triple H and Stephanie have been for the past year, can only mean better television.

I am on the record time & time again saying I hate the idea of putting Reigns with Heyman but this idea actually isn't bad at all. Heyman did manage the SST & is always talking about knowing Reins & the Usos from the time they were just children so I can see how they could build an angle linking them up. I just see one major flaw with this storyline......it makes too much sense and as we know from past bookings Vince & WWE doesn't do ANYTHING that makes sense! (Still not a bad idea & very unique)

And if you wanted to take it to the next level, and make it an official faction with a fourth member, maybe you can find another Samoan to add to the group....Hey, wait, isn't Samoa Joe a free agent?

I do kinda like the idea, but the Usos are way too over.

I have been saying for the past two or three or four years that I would love Heyman to start a. "Dangerous Alliance " in WWE.

He could hold all the belts simultaneously just like in wcw.
WCW had:

World-rick rude
Us-Steve Austin
TV-Bobby Eaton
Tag-The Enforcers (Arn Anderson/Larry Zbysko)

My WWE idea

World-Lesnar, Reigns, or Rollins
Us-Rusev
IC-Sheamus, Wade Barrett, or Miz
Tag-The Assension
Women's-Tamina

Good idea right there from the OP. Very much like the idea of a SST revamp with Heyman at the front and I would include Samoa Joe in the coming months too. In fact that idea could solve quite a few storyline problems for the WWE. It would do the immediate like:

- Get the title off Brock whilst protecting him
- Turn Brock face, as the fans seem to want
- Turn Reigns heel, as the fans seem to want

But it could also work in to what to do with the played out Authority storyline. I mean I think we all feel that the Authority has run its course but we also know that there is worth in Triple H as an on-screen character and that he won't be going away any time soon. So how about you present Heyman's new stable as something of a power grab from Heyman? TNA have been doing a good job lately of putting focus on their world title by constantly talking about whoever has the belt has the power so just take that idea and use it here. The Authority could be wound up as we know it now but Triple H could back Brock Lesnar as the man to try to regain control of the belt/power off Heyman/Reigns.

If Brock was disappearing for a while too it could also solve a problem that will raise its head this year. Seth Rollins is just too talented to remain heel for too long in today's environment. He has done a magnificent job as a heat seeker but the day will come when crowds want him turned face. What if Triple H maintained his ties with Rollins and had him turn face as well to cash in MitB in a match against Reigns?

World of opportunity with a heel Reigns anyway which is why I think it's the right move for him to switch if he is winning the world title. As a face he only really has Rollins to work with, no-one wants to see him feud over the title with Kane or Big Show and the likes of Barrett, or Stardust aren't at the right level to challenge him. Bray Wyatt could challenge if he beats Undertaker but I don't see that happening and honestly I think Wyatt's main event career would be over if he feuded and lost to Reigns after suffering feud defeats to Cena and Undertaker. As a heel though Reigns could work with Bryan, Cena or Ambrose as he waits for a potential Brock rematch.

As much as I do think that the Authority will require a stable to stand against them, I really don't want to see Roman Reigns in a stable again any time soon. I mean, he is literally just out of a top tier stable and getting a good run as a singles competitor. Putting him back into a stable, although a good idea in regards to competitors, would amount to the WWE putting very little faith in Roman Reigns to get the job done by himself. I do like the idea of him being a manged by Paul Heyman and having a closer connection with Jimmy and Jay. But this isn't the answer, at least right now.

For me, there's too many moving pieces and too much to do to make it feasible. For a start, Heyman and Reigns haven't really shown any indication that they are bothered by the Authority. All of the time that The Authority has is given to the likes of Cena and Bryan. Apart from a few fleeting interactions, The Authority don't seem to care about Reigns.

It's a nice idea but I don't think this will happen.

I have to agree with Dave here. If Reigns has never been part of the Shield then it's a great idea, but he's only been out of there for 7-8 months, and like Dave said, too soon to put him back.

If the WWE is banking on him to be the new face, which I'm not sure they are anymore, then he has to learn to stand on his own two feet in the ring. If he goes back to being part of another faction, then the WWE has failed in their endeavor's with him. The Shield got him onto the main roster and got him over. His two Shield counterparts have shown that they can do it on their own, he has to do the same thing.

I really wouldn't mind this at all. I mean, sure it would be pretty soon to put Roman Reigns in a faction again, but the consequences can be limited if they make it clear that Reigns is the clear right hand of the group under Heyman. Also, they don't necessarily have to wrestle together very often... Usos would chase the tag titles while Reigns would chase (or be) the WWEWHC. Usos could just be used to help Reigns win matches and vice versa.

The idea that I really like here is the aligning the Uso's with Paul Heyman. Even without Roman Reigns I think this could work. Imo, Uso's need freshening up and a heel run could be just what they need. They've done everything as faces, it's time to keep them fresh by turning them. I think WWE gets too stuck on keeping everything that's working the same, which is why we see people like Cena and Sheamus get heat for being "stale". Orton is a prime example of somebody who has remained hot over the years through unexpected turns. Usos are getting to that stale point, and need to do something to switch it up. Samoa Joe would be a nice "enforcer" addition as well.

A storyline like this would open multiple paths for Reign; an eventual face turn against Heyman, a possible Samoa Joe match, a feud with a face Authority. I think it would work well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back