A Ten Bell Salute for Silver Vision

Uncle Sam

Rear Naked Bloke
Created for the half dozen of those on this site will care, including me, Jake and that other bloke.

After 22 years of dedicating Silver Vision exclusively to WWE, the WWE and Clear Vision Ltd will part company on the 31st December 2012. Silvervision.co.uk (owned by Clear Vision Ltd) will continue to sell WWE DVDs, Blu-rays and WWE films after this date while stocks last, but we will not be able to offer new releases for sale on our site. SummerSlam 2012 and nWo: The Revolution will be the last new WWE releases we will be producing ourselves.

Clear Vision and its staff are saddened by this news as we have worked very hard over the years to bring the best possible service to all WWE fans and we would like to thank you all for your continued support over the years.
Silvervision.co.uk is looking forward to a new future which will amalgamate all the products and some new programmes of its mother company, Clear Vision Ltd, on one site.

Please be assured this will not affect your current and future orders in any way and you will continue to receive the same great service.

To summarise, Silver Vision will no longer be the official distributor for WWE videos in the UK as of the end of this year - something which they've been since 1990. Considering this is a company which sells blu-ray sets for £6.99, gives free one-day delivery and even has its own line of uncensored, unblurred 'tagged classic' DVDs, this is bad news for anybody who--

Scratch that. This is bad news for everybody everywhere. Post your condolences here.

I was probably the "other bloke" for the record.

Sam is totally right. Silver Vision is a fantastic distributor as it's fast, easy to use and cheap. They're exceptionally user friendly and I've probably spent far more money there than I should have, thanks to the cheap prices. I now for some reason own every WrestleMania from 20-28 on DVD when we all know that a good half of those shows aren't even that great. Thankfully they'll still be around when a couple of the DVD's I'm looking forward to emerge, but my goodness they will be missed. Christ knows what's next for the UK and the rest of Europe (I think that's who they sell to anyway), but a dark age is likely approaching. Oh the joy.

So if it's body slams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams that you're after. Increase your liberary of WWF events with some of these spectactular annual WWF events!

Is a very sad day, I hope whoever takes over does just as great a job.

RIP Silver Vision - bringing home to you the very best of World Wrestling Federation - Thank You

Damn... that Silvervision intro video was part of my life for years, with the Warrior-esque music, bad brit Mahon impersonation and such luminaries as The Conquistadors on it... To the point I had to find out who the guys in the brown gimp suits were...

In all seriousness, I owned so many of their videos it was scary. A real sad day.

So if it's body slams, side suplexes, clotheslines, dropkicks and powerslams that you're after. Increase your liberary of WWF events with some of these spectactular annual WWF events!

Is a very sad day, I hope whoever takes over does just as great a job.

RIP Silver Vision - bringing home to you the very best of World Wrestling Federation - Thank You

Damn... that Silvervision intro video was part of my life for years, with the Warrior-esque music, bad brit Mahon impersonation and such luminaries as The Conquistadors on it... To the point I had to find out who the guys in the brown gimp suits were...

In all seriousness, I owned so many of their videos it was scary. A real sad day.

Here you go, just for you two:

[YOUTUBE]Pctd7e_C4AU[/YOUTUBE]

I've recently been buying wwe/wwf dvds from www.thatsentertainment.co.uk, cheap, albeit second hand

Ah, but that's the beauty of Silver Vision - brand new, sealed DVDs with the quickest delivery I've ever had for anything.

Being a British wrestling fan can be an expensive proposition. If you wanted to buy t-shirts, you'd have to go on that piece of shit WWEEuroshop.com, now you have to go to WWE's own website and pay international rates. If you want to buy non-WWE DVDs, you're similarly fucked. A-Merchandise has a good selection but they're hardly full of bargains.

I was thinking, "On the plus side, at least there'll be a massive stock clearance sale" but most of the stock is on sale as is. Maybe I'll be able to pick up the Punk or Lesnar sets for cheap. Maybe that'll dry my tears.

That's terrible... their DVD's were great, they would keep Benoit matches in and they would not blur the WWF's. Very sad to hear about this. Guess I better stock up on some stuff before they go. Where will we be able to get DVD's after this?

They didn't have to, i believe the injunction by World Wildlife Fund only applied to the US which they had to have references to WWF removed and removal of Chris Benoit was obviously WWE's call. It would be a logistical nightmare producing tapes for different regions that had or didn't have certain content included so obviously it was a blanket change to every region (except for Silvervision) that were allowed to distribute copies of WWF/E media with no restrictions other then PAL only

I may be incorrect on that, but that's my take, Silvervision did also sell VCD versions of VHS tapings aswell, which wouldn't be totally legal unless Vince allowed it :). Anyway i bought a few vids from them but i live in Australia so we could still watch them. Sad day indeed, no doubt WWE didn't want some of the old media reliease unedited period.

That's a shame, as long as whoever takes over does a good job, that's if there is going to be a new dedicated site or if it will just go straight to stores.

I second Sams opening post. This si sad and worrying news. Silvervision had some fantastic offers and were very reasonably priced. I thoroughly enjoyed their 'Wild Wednesday' offers were Blu Rays were £6.99!!!

Hopefully take advantage of the closing down sale.

Absolutely gutted about the loss of Silver Vision, I imagine Amazon will get the contract to sell WWE DVDs but they'll never be as good as Silver Vision ever.

Very sad news as the y offer an excellent service. If I ordered something one day, it would be with me the next. Fair prices on standards, and then great prices in sales. It is a very sad day indeed. You'll be missed SV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back