A tech/PS3 question..

Freddy4190

Championship Contender
I have the 250gb PS3. It's never had a problem. Owned it since March. Last time I played it was about 2 weeks ago. I run it on the standard A/V cord, not the HDMI. My TV is a old ass Polaroid TV from like 2002. I took my PS3 to my friend's house, hooked up it via his HDMI cord and such. It hasn't worked since then. I got a new A/V cord. I'm hoping it's just my TV, i'm pretty sure it is.. but it didn't work when I hooked it up to another old TV in the house. But with the old cord, which is probably shorted out..

You need to reset it on his TV. It's still running on HDMI... can't do that with an AV Cable.

EDIT: You need to switch the settings over to regular and then hook it up with an AV on his TV after the 30 second timer is up. Then it won't reset to HDMI.

Damn. I see. I didn't know if I had to do that or not. Thanks dude.. I was getting really worried it was my PS3,

Happened to me once, no big deal. You could also reset it on your own TV, but you can't see so it's HARD... trust me. Make sure to reset the sound too.

Isn't the easier way just to hold the power button down until beeps, so it would reset the settings on the ps3, no matter what TV its on?

My old PS3 got YLOD and the guy at the repair shop told me not to use the button, just givin' you a heads up. I got a new one and ever since I haven't used the button, I'm scared of it breaking again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back