A Stupid Mistake Or The Beginning Of A Unification?

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
Tonight on Raw it was Announced that Melina and Beth Phoenix have switched brands.:wtf: WHAT!? That leaves an ailing Smackdown woman's division without a face good enough for the belt. As for Raw it leaves a hole on the heels department especially with Maryse still injured. Maybe, just maybe this bridges the story between Melina and Michelle McCool into an interpromotional match for both belts, thus unifying them. Or it can be the start of a Mickie James heel run, but back to the point. If the Diva's and Women's Championships are unified then the same can be done with the diva's, being neutral and participating in all brands. This can begin to reconstruct the woman's division as it will have all credible diva's available for story's.

Any thoughts?

[EDIT] HOLY CRAP ! I MESSED UP ! Mickie's to Smackdown too ! Damn ! Sorry made the report as I saw it... Whoops...:p

Beth & Mickie to SD is just another reason Smackdown is far superior to raw atm. But 1 thing you need to understand is The E doesn't give a crap about Womens Wrestling, they care about T&A, no pun intended.

...The E doesn't give a crap about Womens Wrestling, they care about T&A, no pun intended.

there's no pun there

On with the topic...
Did the OP even bother to read the trade reports before they went on babbling about how Smackdown doesn't have a face for their women's title now? No they didn't. Ugh... people posting with zero facts. Gotta love it.

ANYWAY, Smackdown has Mickie. Pretty much the only face you need. You also have Maria who is just eye candy, and Eve who isn't all that bad. She is coming into her own. With a little more ring work, maybe she can win a title down the road. But this is a Women's Title show now. You have the 3 best in-ring workers as far as the women go on the same show going for the top gold. I'm actually looking forward to a Michelle McCool/Beth match if it happens. And even Mickie/Michelle would be good.

Reactions: TLC
Eve is goin to Raw man, didnt u read the trades. i love the idea of Micke v. Michelle and hopefully Beth can get in there too, will be really good stuff. As for Raw we got Melina who is great and can look forward to her feuding with Maryse possibly.

On with the topic...
Did the OP even bother to read the trade reports before they went on babbling about how Smackdown doesn't have a face for their women's title now? No they didn't. Ugh... people posting with zero facts. Gotta love it.

Lol while I totally agree with your point here, I find it rather humorous considering...
ANYWAY, Smackdown has Mickie. Pretty much the only face you need. You also have Maria who is just eye candy, and Eve who isn't all that bad. She is coming into her own. With a little more ring work, maybe she can win a title down the road.
Eve also got traded to Raw. It was mentioned in the same post on the main site where it was reported that Mickie was going to SD.
But this is a Women's Title show now. You have the 3 best in-ring workers as far as the women go on the same show going for the top gold. I'm actually looking forward to a Michelle McCool/Beth match if it happens. And even Mickie/Michelle would be good.

It is very hard to take the Women's/Diva's Title Scene seriously when Jillian Hall wins a belt (regardless of whether it was simply an easy way to get it from Mickie to Melina without a face/face match between the two) and Gail Kim can't even get a sniff at the title. Any title. Kim is a far superior worker to 90% of the women in WWE right now. Its too bad that, for whatever reason, she can't get over with the fans right now.

EDIT: Bah, the guy above me beat me to it...just not as eloquently, or with the aid of proper grammar, punctuation, or spelling. Oh well...

Lol while I totally agree with your point here, I find it rather humorous considering...

Eve also got traded to Raw. It was mentioned in the same post on the main site where it was reported that Mickie was going to SD.

It is very hard to take the Women's/Diva's Title Scene seriously when Jillian Hall wins a belt (regardless of whether it was simply an easy way to get it from Mickie to Melina without a face/face match between the two) and Gail Kim can't even get a sniff at the title. Any title. Kim is a far superior worker to 90% of the women in WWE right now. Its too bad that, for whatever reason, she can't get over with the fans right now.

EDIT: Bah, the guy above me beat me to it...just not as eloquently, or with the aid of proper grammar, punctuation, or spelling. Oh well...

Well god damn... I got owned by my own criticisim of someone else. hahaha Ok so even though I was wrong on the Eve part, that still pretty much solidifies my arguement even more that you now have the top 3 in-ring female workers in the company on the same show, going for the TOP women's title. That's really about it. It makes sense to me. They can throw the Diva's title around all they want on Raw. It'll be Diva's hot potato I'm sure. Although once Maryse comes back, she'll be in the hunt for that giant pink butterfly belt of garbage.

Seems like everyone... including the WWE have forgotten that Nattie Neidhart... excuse me... Natalya is also on Smackdown... The idea of Nattie/Mickie/Beth/McTaker... i mean McCool.... makes me think the division will be alright. And Maria might be eye candy but, like Kelly Kelly, her game has certainly gone up. Let's not forget that once upon a time Trish was about as good as Maria was 2 years ago. During her feud with Stephanie... all I have to say is Hammerlock's break happy homes...

And yeah shafe they kinda got you there... sorry man...

The WWE won't be unifying the Women's title because well... no one in the WWE offices care enough to think about it. That would require storylines, and creative doing something for it to matter. Without them putting some emphasis on it... it wouldn't matter. Worked after the INITAL Brand Split because at the time, the Women's division was HOT (and I am NOT TALKING ABOUT THE LOOKS OF THE WORKERS!!)... it's not got that type of reaction, or love from the fans or creative in a VERY long time... working on 4years now... yet another thing that was put on the backburner for the Main Event being VKMs top priority... seems he is making up for lost time on all fronts now don't it? Tag Team, Midcard, Womens.... yea someone lit a fire under his ass....

And sidenote of why shouldn't Maryse and Melina... arguably the two biggest DIVAS in the company be competing for the DIVAS title?? Please note the word DIVA

There's no way that the WWE is going to merge the two titles. They just created the Divas championship not too long ago. Hopefully, Gail Kim will turn heel to counteract Beth Phoenix's departure. Gail Kim needs the attention, and can definitely compete. Between Jillian, Alicia Fox, and occasionally Mickie James's wrestling, Gail Kim can, and should be given to opportunity to, really step up and shine.

In regards to SmackDown... eh. They haven't acquired much in Mickie James. She's botched a lot of maneuvers lately. I love her as a face, but her wrestling abilities are getting rusty. I'm hoping they bring out Natalya as a wrestler instead of constantly holding her down as a cheerleader for the Hart Dynasty.

Gail kim or Melina will turn heel after Melina has a short feud with Jillian, it's obvious really. Eve Torres is probably the best of the divas employed for looks basis, and it means Gail Kim will be given a chance to shine. Jillian will probably get used more until Maryse gets back. Meanwhile, Mickie will feud with Michelle McCool, as it is a feud people actually want to see. Beth was stale, so she needed to move too. I can't see the impact for this being huge, but Gail Kim stands to gain the most from this.

Wow! This is just an infraction waiting to happen, moving sigs and spam posts. Woo!

Nevertheless, I think that a Diva's title unification is a good idea. I don't think the Diva's title looks very good and I think that the sooner they get rid of that belt, the better it will be. I also think that the women's division has been really lacking in terms of competition lately and I think that is something that could inject a little bit of life and energy into a failing division. I mean look at the tag team division. They decided that it would add a little more spice to proceedings if they unified the belts and made everyone compete across the brands. Since then, the WWE Tag Team division has been great and has really come alive for the first time since the Attitude Era. Whether that is because of the unification or the competition remains to be seen. However, I could imagine the women's division getting a lot better if they were unified.

In saying that, I still don't give a crap about the Divas.

Very weird, being that Beth is a heel, being traded for a face. When Melina was already the only real overly viable face on SD anyway.

and of course its a good idea to unify the titles. It was an absurdly bad idea to make two womens titles in the first place. I cant say I really think thats were they are going with this though, likely just wanted to freshen thins up a bit. With a limited roster of girls, they could only do so many different combinations before things needed to change.

You know what this really is. This is WWE moving it's competitive diva's to SD and bring more of its 'pretty for the camera' diva's to RAW. RAW is the entertainment show and SD is the more wrestling product show. SD also has the true women's championship belt while RAW has that girly diva's belt. Vince's thinking behind this is that diva matches don't draw in ratings, but hot diva's cat fighting will. SO he's moved alot of the pretty wrestlers who can't fight very well, and moved the better ring performers to SD. Before anyone comments on it, yes Melina can wrestle, and there are others still on SD who can't really, but more talented performers are now on SD than RAW. There will be no unification, we will just see babes of WWE like Kelly and Eva win the diva belt in very weak matches. To even out the heels/faces thing out, Gail Kim will probably turn heel, as well perhaps McCool will switch back after dropping the belt to Beth.

smackdown has mickie, beth, and mccool. thats really all you need to have a good feud over the title. its not like any of the other divas are good enough to even be given the title.
raw has melina and maryse and i guess eve torres. eve has gotten alot better over the past few months and i agree qwith an earlyer post melina v maryse would be bad ass.

anyway out of all this 1 thing stuck in my head. i feel sorry for rosa mendes. i kno she sucks but wut the hell is she gonig to do on ecw. the only otehr diva there is katie lea and like i said before rosa sucks. ecw needs to get rid of their divas or add like 3 or 4 more to make it atleast interesting. right now there just wasteing money

Ok here's the deal... just so you know. I'm willing to bet that Mickie REFUSED to do the job to Melina and that's why they gave the nod to Jillian as the "FIVE MINUTE CHAMPION" (if that long!).

As for heels, faces, eye candy, etc.. the RAW brand is now just a T&A show... the only REAL competitors are melina, gail, jillian and when she returns.. maryse.. and honestly, maryse doesn't belong there. i have seen only about a half handful of her matches and i am not impressed.

what they SHOULD have done was send katie lea to smackdown or at least to raw.. she's floundering at ecw and has nothing to do. sending rosa to ecw isnt much of a boost, since katie lea can wrestle RINGS around rosa mendez without breaking a sweat.

i'm glad beth isnt on raw anymore because honestly.. she's "TO GOOD" for the pathetic divas belt.

in a perfect world, the roster would be like this...

RAW: Beth, Katie Lea, Melina, Jillian, Mickie, Natalya, Gail Kim, and maybe McCool and Maryse... to feud over the WWE WOMEN'S WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Eliminate the divas title and send the other ho's packing... who needs 'em anyway? At least with the roster above, there's good, SOLID wrestlers instead of peroxide and implants (tho mickie james has implants, and i believe melina does as well)

I'm guessing that Melina winning the belt from Jillian so fast was meant to turn her heel, but I also didn't see the match. If that happens, then she can work with Gail Kim down the line for an actual wrestling feud that we haven't seen in a while.

As for Smackdown, I can only guess we'll see Beth and McCool team up the way Victoria and Nattie did for a while, dominating the pretty divas until someone with talent comes along to knock them off their perch.

I kind of like this whole trade idea. Although they had the draft, the Trump trade, and now this, I think it helps spice up both women's division, and is a way for creative to come up with new plans.

Mickie will take over Melina's role on Smackdown(as top face)and will feud with Michelle & Beth, and Melina becomes Raw's top face to fued with Alicia & the soon to be returning Maryse. Alot of people are hoping for a Beth face turn, and with Maria/Mickie being the only faces, it's a possibility.

I guess we will probably see more trades with the diva's every few months since creative are always running out of ideas, and since they only have a few women who they insit on using.

A title unification match between Melina & Michelle at Bragging Rights would be nice(since both girl are good wrestlers and their match at NOC was probably the best divas match of the year). But I don't see it happening.

I think that the Diva title should be nonexistent and have only SD have diva matches and that way there might be good matches not diva bowls and alica fox near title rains. so moving divas to SD is good but back to raw not so much. So if there going to unify the titles i am all for it.

I for one am glad that Melina is back on RAW. She's one of my favorite Divas eventhough I've heard she's got a horrible backstage attitude. I was upset to hear that Micke and Beth are going to SD, but I'm actually kinda excited for that because it sets up to really good feuds that WWE should have capitalized on a long time ago; 1) Mickie vs. Natalya; and the most obvious one that WWE should have done a long time ago, 2) Beth vs. Natalya. Now I know that Beth and Natalya are both heels so maybe they could turn Beth face, and have her occasionally team up with Mickie to face Natalya and Michelle McCool. Just an idea.

The Divas on WWE are garbage. The matches are awful. WWE needs to cut the girls who can't wrestle and stick with those who can. Then they need to invest in female wrestling talent, not models.

Mickies finally on smackdown. Along with the galmazon so I believe that it's a great new opening for smackdowns women division. Also with eve to raw we wont see her on cryme tymes side anymore so we dont hve to see : Cryme tyme and eve vs the heart dynasty over and over. Michelle and Mickie are robably where they are gonig with this for smackdowns top womens feud.

Reactions: TLC

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back