• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A-League

ARLO

On A Break From Sig Requests
Hey guys, and Aussies especially :)

So Australia's always been a bit of a minnow in Soccer, it's one of the only sports we're not really good at. But 2004 we founded the A-League, a new Australia-wide soccer league.

There are currently 10 clubs: Adelaide United, Brisbane Roar, Central Coast Mariners, Gold Coast United, Melbourne Heart, Melbourne Victory, Newcastle Jets, Perth Glory, Sydney FC and Wellington Phoenix.

Although the quality doesn't stand up to European leagues, the games are always really exciting. I go for Melbourne Victory and the Victory vs. heart derby is fuckin crazy. We average 15,000+ in attendance and have won the most premierships and championships.

So basically, if you're an Aussie (or Kiwi) or just a fan of the A-League, post in here.
Who's your team?
Where would you like to see the league go?

You know Arlo i only realised yesterday that your aussie. But ive never been into A leauge, but ive been wanting to. My team is Adelaide utd. I live 600+ kms away. But i dont know much, i want to learn though, i always been into English Premier League more

I actually always wanted to know more about Australia Soccer League, since your National Football Team is pretty good.
I remember playing with Adelaide Utd in Brasfoot 2009 or whatevs...

For A-League watchers, can you tell me who you really think that is a future potential player in the Europe?
I could make a Football Manager Save, managing some team from Australia, and that information could be useful.
It is really shame, that Asian and Australian Soccer League doesn't have importance in Europe...

There's a young winger that played for Brisbane and my team Melbourne Victory named Robbie Kruse. He's only 22 and has great skill.

He recently moved to to Germany so I think he could make great strides.

It's really hard to tell which Aussie players will make it big. When Tim cahill was playing for Sydney United in the old NSL back in 1996 you never would have thought he'd be in Everton's starting XI.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back