A Flaw In The Plan Of WWE

911 JP

Love the sig!
With their new rule not to mention wrestling, and their name change to purely WWE, what will happen to WRESTLEmania? Change its name or make it an exception. This thread is more a shot at wwe for their stupidity but please give your thoughts.

Impact_Wrestling.jpg

Are we seriously discussing whether WWE will change the name of their show piece event? Whether they'll change the name of the most important and well known event in wrestling history? Whether they'll change the name of a 27-year institution?

OK.

Are we seriously discussing whether WWE will change the name of their show piece event? Whether they'll change the name of the most important and well known event in wrestling history? Whether they'll change the name of a 27-year institution?

OK.
Well, they erased the meaning of their acronym and annihilate the word that describes what they do.

Why not?

Niño Vega;3112406 said:
Well, they erased the meaning of their acronym and annihilate the word that describes what they do.

Why not?

...There's a big difference between changing a company that was already called WWE to officially being called WWE, and changing the name of one their most famous events to something totally different.

I did say that it was purely a shot at wwe, i mean they forbid the word wrestling, but when wrestlemania rolls around what are they going to say -cough-mania! Its just not well thought through

Well the only people who are going to care are a few people on the internet. I'd say it's thought out just fine.

...There's a big difference between changing a company that was already called WWE to officially being called WWE, and changing the name of one their most famous events to something totally different.
A lot of people already say Mania, for the same reason a lot of people said WWE: it's just faster to say. I guess they wouldn't change the name to something "totally different", but just "cut the W out". I'd bet "Mania" would still be part of the name.

Niño Vega;3112433 said:
A lot of people already say Mania, for the same reason a lot of people said WWE: it's just faster to say. I guess they wouldn't change the name to something "totally different", but just "cut the W out". I'd bet "Mania" would still be part of the name.

Way too many quotation marks. Eyesore.

Way too many quotation marks. Eyesore.
Well, "totally different" quoted Doc, "cut the W out" the "cut the F out"-campaign and "Mania" the written part in the WrestleMania name. Seems right to me.

There, I did it again. :p

To just say mania would take all the formal and professionalism away from the wwe and the event itself. Imagine justin roberts opening with welcome to mania 28! It isnt well thought through as the w word will need to be said!

It is an issue to some of us. When wwe puts rules in place for no reason other than getting too big for their boots we have a right to criticise!

Some of us=a very little amount of people. Thus, it is a non issue. Seriously, Mania had over a million buys this year. How many of those people do you think have any knowledge of the E not using the phrase wrestling anymore? Very little.

It's a non issue. End of fucking story.

No i no the name will not change, like i said it was a shot, making fun of wwes stupidity in this case, thats why i made the thread not to argue with u nate, bottom line it is an issue if wwe doesnt want to mention the word wrestling. How can it not be? And yea the million+ wouldnt have known cause thats the way they want it, to phase out the word so they can focus on other areas of the company, but having the word wrestlemania is a flaw in their plan.

It's not a flaw at all - that's like saying TNA changing to Impact Wrestling will be flawed when they have a show full of talking and with maybe 15 mins wrestling. They (WWE) still acknowledge wrestling as a dominant part of their programming - see the Rhodes/Dibiase match and the commentary for it as an example of this.

Ok numbers youre point but... If wwe doesnt want to mention wrestling anymore.. They will still have to during wrestlemania season right?

No, I dont understand. If they are always going to feature in-ring action and refer to it as wrestling in the commentary, then what else can they call it.

They can't call a headlock a sports entertainment move. They wont call Jack Swagger a technical sports entertainer, so they have to refer to wrestling eventually.

I find that they want to refer to themselves as sports entertainment or whatever the term of the day is, but it's a wrestling based product and always will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back