• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A clear rehash of an epic battle? seen it before? check it anyway for me...

~Heup©~

Hailing from his own planet its...
Good afternoon Wrestlezone forum fans!

I know I'm not a writer for Wrestlezone.com but I think in my spare time I will take a few minutes every Saturday to start a new thread and hope you will all comment and share your thoughts on whatever topic flows from my finger tips each week.

Today I would like to talk about a WWE/TNA crossover. Why rehash and revive a long beaten and dreadfully dead horse? Well why is the question I ask you today. Why would "we the people" (not a zeb fan but felt it humoring to word us as such) want to even see this?

Is it just the value that TNA fans would get from the aftermath of this collision? What I mean when I say that is exactly what most of you are thinking. TNA would get a 10 finger boost after a ppv such as this. Let's be honest, TNA could use the help getting over with the rest of the wrestling fan base in general. They are well known and I'm not trying to take anything away from them but we all know a televized feud with WWE would "impact" their ratings.

WWE fans? Really? Really? Seriously? I'm sure a lot of WWE diehards could care less, but there are some of you that I know are thinking, hmmmm... What If? Well, it would in no way as far as my eyes can see that it would or could help them. They're not worried about the competition because they are the competition. In the case of, "you gotta beat the man to be the man", Vince McMahon is that man. With that said, Good Luck Dixie...

Ratings aside, I'm asking who do you as "the fan" think would benefit from this? "Who" being the wrestler, from either brand, would reach the next level off a booking of such magnitude that it could ruin Wrestling as we know it. Or, in some eyes better wrestling as we knew it?

Anyway, once again, give me 5 wrestlers, either company that would benefit from this.

Here's mine...

#1 -TNA- A.J. Styles - some may agree, some won't, but A.J. is pure talent in TNA that should totally be on the big stage. Grasping a win over a high profile WWE star would put him there. I would love to see this guys jump ship.

#2 -WWE- Cody Rhodes/Drew McIntyre - I'd love to see either of these guys crush the entire x-division. Both would benefit from an x-division reign plus the stars already in it work hard for that gold.

#3 -WWE- The Shield - who better to book as the faction that breaks in and gets the beef rolling? The Shield already developed a strong sense of beatdown for the company the already work for. I'm sure they would pose a good enough threat plus they are up and coming stars so I'm sure they would gladly welcome the additional push.

#4 -TNA- Garret Bischof - with his daddy playing a major role in the Monday night wars he would fit right into the cocky arrogant "my daddy did this best" role. Plus it would save him from getting lost in the TNA shuffle and give him the opportunity to get some pointers from the other side.

#5 -WWE- John Cena - yes I know, he needs no help getting over or getting a boost to a higher spot. So obviously here is where we book his mythical heel turn. After booking WWE as the whom some would say obvious winners, it would be amazing to see Cena jump ship and make TNA an official heel faction with him in charge. Seeing how after a debacle like WWE vs. TNA they probably would cease to exist as a company anyway.

Knowing this is clearly fiction and a journey through my brain no less, give me your thoughts or just 5...

PhillMorr

The big problem with booking a cross-promotion WWE/TNA card is getting both sides to put their ego's away, not be concerned with their guys coming out on top, and booking a card that would tell the best overall story.

It would never happen. WWE wouldn't allow themselves to look inferior to TNA in any way, and I seriously doubt that Dixie would stand up for herself enough to not allow TNA and it's wrestlers to come across as minor league in the long run.

But hypothetically speaking, if such a card did happen, I think it would be best to do it like the WCW promoted, AAA When Worlds Collide PPV back in the 90's.

Now that PPV was just promoted by WCW, without them really providing any talent for the actual show (Tenay was commentating, but he wasn't a WCW commentator at the time). Others like Psychosis and Eddie Guerrero though, got noticed through this card (and Art Barr, RIP). but WCW did help with the distribution, production, and generally opening the door for AAA outside of Mexico.

They would need to do a show that maybe featured one or two cross promotion matches, but in general had TNA vs TNA contests and WWE vs WWE contests. Treat it as an event for the wrestlers to put on their best performances to try and steal the show, and not worry about who would win between Cody Rhodes and AJ Styles (hint, it would be Rhodes in a squash because that's how it would be booked).

Had WCW got more involved in the AAA PPV, and sent some of their talent to fight the AAA lucha's, you would have seen some horrible squashes in favor of WCW and guys like Barr, Guerrero, Konnan and Psychosis never would have been able to make their names like they did. By letting the promotion do it's own thing without worrying about their own talent, WCW actually ended up promoting one of their best PPV's ever, and that's the approach a WWE/TNA joint promotion would need to take to be successful.

I think Bad Influence would benefit as WWE doesn't have much depth to their tag team division and they could be showcased strongly.

On the singles side I'd have to say Aries, Roode and AJ Styles, TNA's best three performers working with WWE's top guys like Punk, Cena, Bryan, Orton and Ziggler would show the larger audience what they can do and in turn put eyes on Impact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back