• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A Chase To Failure?

MOExecution

Pre-Show Stalwart
So everybody has seen the drastic drop in ratings for WWE RAW which got their worst set of ratings in the last two years with I believe a 2.8. There has been tons of assumptions into exactly why WWE got this low rating; the first is because of all of the season premieres this Monday on television, the second is because of the Super Bowl Champion, The Saints, playing on Monday Night Football. And their is a questionable third reason, but WWE has not blamed this man yet and that is Randy Orton being the WWE Champion.

Now I don't believe that Randy Orton is the reason behind the ratings dropping so drastically because for one if Randy Orton did have a HUGE follow that would actually have more people coming in to watch his reign rather then stop watching. Secondly he has only been the World Champion for one week so they can't really say it is Randy Orton's fault at this point in time. And third is because of all of the season premieres and Monday Night Football. But lets just say that Randy Orton becoming the WWE Champion is the reason behind RAW losing ratings.

Now I am not going to lie... I am a fan of "The Viper" when he is on the hunt for the title, but when he is WWE Champion in my opinion he is very stale and boring. I know that a lot has not changed in a week, but you can almost tell the difference. When Randy Orton is on the hunt for the title he gains momentum and does his best work, but when he wins the title it seems like all of that just gets thrown out of the window almost as if he doesn't care anymore.

The reason that I put this in General Wrestling Discussion is because I want to know who exactly (Present or Past) was better chasing a title rather then actually winning the title? Another person that comes to thought is AJ Styles. When he is on the hunt for a title he is super over, but once he actually wins the strap it is big, but soon enough people tend not to care.

Now I am not going to lie... I am a fan of "The Viper" when he is on the hunt for the title, but when he is WWE Champion in my opinion he is very stale and boring. I know that a lot has not changed in a week, but you can almost tell the difference. When Randy Orton is on the hunt for the title he gains momentum and does his best work, but when he wins the title it seems like all of that just gets thrown out of the window almost as if he doesn't care anymore.

Yeah, true, but really just about every Face in WWE gets fan attention when they are going for the strap but lose a bit when they win. That's why if you notice most people on here prefer John Cena going after the championship but not exactly winning it. Usually Face champions are a little boring. People are morbid bastards; most are tired of the good guy winning all the time and want the bad guy to be a legitimate threat, whether or not they have the gold.

I digress however; I honestly believe ratings weren't so well this week because WWE really didn't have much of anything to push for that Raw especially with the Saints playing.

The reason that I put this in General Wrestling Discussion is because I want to know who exactly (Present or Past) was better chasing a title rather then actually winning the title? Another person that comes to thought is AJ Styles. When he is on the hunt for a title he is super over, but once he actually wins the strap it is big, but soon enough people tend not to care.

The Undertaker. Everytime (and I mean Everytime) he was gunning for the gold it was hugely sold. For practically 20 years they hyped him up as this Undead "How Can You Kill What's Already Dead?" character and every-single-time people bought into it and it made Main Event uncountable times. But notice every time he was champion it was rather uneventful; he was a zombie with gold. That's it. And he never held gold long either.

Can I just say that I don't think it's Randy's fault that there was such a drop in ratings because he's the most over guy in WWE so why would people hate to see their favourite wrestler as champion, I know that he's better chasing than holding the title but he's still people's favourite wrestler.

Anyway, I think nearly every face is better chasing than holding the title. I think when faces have the title they normally get stale but when they are chasing they're exciting to watch. But if you want someone in-particular then I would actually say Kurt Angle (as a face) because when he's chasing the title he is very dominating and fun to watch but when he holds the title he gets a little boring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back