The Strokes vs 3 Days Grace

• The Strokes

• 3 Days Grace

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

The Strokes vs 3 Days Grace

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

3 days grace

Even though their music sounds repetitive and somewhat generic in places, I still enjoy it. IMO their wasn't a bad song on their debut album, and from what I've heard off their second album, everything sounded good. The strokes have some good songs, but their newer stuff just doesn't do it for me

Pfffft. 3 Days Grace? You guys kidding me? Mediocre at best.

The Strokes on the other hand are fucking brilliant. Every one of their albums is a killer with great songs. These guys single-handedly brought the new garage-post-punk scene into the limelight, which led to the breakthrough success of bands like The Killers, Franz Ferdinand, The Hives, Arctic Monkeys, The Vines, The White Stripes, and Jet.

These guys are truly fantastic, and get dismissed way too much based off of one or two hit songs. If you love the Velvet Underground (like any self-respecting music lover should) then these guys have taken that manic proto-punk guitar droning and brought it to a more accessable and melodic level.

This song alone is reason enough why The Strokes are 10 times the band 3DG could hope to be. Forget the cheesy music video and listen to the amazing song.

The Strokes - You Only Live Once

[u]http://youtube.com/watch?v=gk1fl_U1dKU[/u]

(I tried to post a video but apparently we can't post YouTube videos anymore on here. Can someone please investigate this bug?)
Other fantastic songs to check out: Fear of Sleep, Heart in a Cage, Someday, Reptilia, 12:51, The End Has No End, What Ever Happened?, The Modern Age, Soma, Last Nite, Hard to Explain

xfear...i'm afraid to say this but i AGREE with you. on this one. Strokes are far better and have influenced some great bands...and the arctic monkeys as well.

If youtube's down, does that mean videos i've posted on other threads aren't working? Because i'm seeing them

You still can but for some reason the two videos of that song are banned from being embedded. But I am voting for The Strokes because I honestly enjoy these guys work.

[youtube]bCoy--eozyY[/youtube]

Here is the video for You Only Live Once. They sound good live as well. So they are another band to go on that list to see at some stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back