SOAD vs Orgy

• System of a Down

• Orgy

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 90's Region Match

System of a Down vs Orgy

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!​

I'm sure I'll catch flack from this from out pseudo-metal community, but System of a Down is terrible. Utterly terrible. They're up there with Korn in my book in being total and utter feces translated onto a musical medium. I would rather be hit in the balls repeatedly with a steel-toed boot then listen to a SOAD album. Get my point or should I continue?

Orgy were okay. Nothing special. They did a good cover of "Blue Monday", but that was about it. Luckily for them one good song defeats SOAD's zero good songs, so my vote goes to Orgy here.

Vote against nu-metal! For the love of rock and roll!

Thank god I'm not the only one that thinks that System of a Down sucks ass. These guys are criticially acclaimed and praise, and I ask simply, for what? Their sound is shit, and their lyrics are boring to say the least. It's screaming for the sake of screaming, and it just comes across as noise.

I personally enjoy Orgy, but it's more of a guilty pleasure.

SOAD are, at least, original. The voice control exhibited by Serj Tankian isn't something we see every day in music. He has shown the ability to hit high notes and drop to a note two octaves lower with little transition at all - some call it disjointed, while others are impressed by the technical prowess.

I am not thrilled with all of their music. It has no logical flow and uses no limb psychology. (note to self - spend less time around Sly). I enjoyed Ariels an awful lot, as well as BYOB - a very politically charged song from this Armenian band.

I vote System of a Down, just because I think they bring a more original sound to the table than Orgy, which has been duplicated more times than I can count. I'm not really a fan of either of these bands, but I did like System's first album. Also, as usual, System has more fans and more mainstream success than Orgy.

I'm voting system of a down. There possibly one of the bands that come out every ten years that are politicaly based and just blow peoples mids ratm did it and was fucking nuts. Soad does it and people seem to like them. I personally own every album by system of a down, But i digress if either win this match they'll just be jobbing to someone next round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back