Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

90's Region - 3rd Round - The Drew Carey Show vs Frasier

drew_carey.jpg

VS

kelsey2L2308_468x380.jpg

I voted for Frasier, but honestly it came down to a coin flip. Both are excellent shows and you can't go wrong voting for either. The Drew Carey show was hilarious, and Frasier was just intelligently funny, and if I had to make an honest to God pick, I would pick Frasier. Just because the kind of humor it had plays well to my style of comedy.

Let's see. I don't really like either. But at least Fraiser made me laugh, something the Drew Carey show never did. I mean, does Drew Carey have a single ounce of funny in his body? If it's there please direct it towards him because he sure needs to find it. Frasier is ok, certainly better than the Drew Carey show, and it has Kelsey Grammer in it. Fuck yeah, plus David Hyde Pierce isn't all that bad.

I think I really went with the lesser of two evils in this one.

I voted for Drew Carey, it has always been a favorite of mine. The writing always made me laugh and Deidrich Bader was always on with his comedy. The show really centered around the amazing supporting cast and not Drew Carey himself, though he was funny in his own right.

Bader was consistently funny and had great chemistry with Ryan Stiles. Those two really knew how to feed off of one another. Mimi was always funny and if anything her makeup made me laugh. Christa Miller is a very good actress. She has always impressed me be it on Drew Carey or as Jordan on Scrubs. She just knows how to play a bitch and be funny and be caring when she needs to be. And Kevin Ferguson was great as the wacky boss.

Vote Drew Carey.

I voted for Frasier and I have no regrets about it.

You see, as I have mentioned before, Frasier was one of the shows that I would constantly skip school to watch. It was amazingly funny. Although, at that time, I had very little idea about what they were talking about. I should have probably went to school instead, huh? Nevertheless, I loved Frasier and still do. It stands the test of time to this day and although I was never a fan of Kelsey Grammer in Cheers, I love him in this. Add that to the fact that David Hyde Pierce is in Frasier and you have a winning formula. I always thought that this show was hilarious and upon trying to watch some more episodes for this tournament, it really hit me how underrated it was in reality. I watched the episode with the medal, an episode I have seen multiple times but it was still as funny as ever. Cheers does have a lot of replay value and is one of the best sitcoms around.

I watched both shows, but one I wouldnt watch if it was on, and one I would, and luckily, it is syndicated on 421 channels. Frasier is the better show, lasting 11 seasons of growth by all the characters. Drew Carey had little character growth, and had constant dumbing down of characters to drag out laughs long after it should have put out a finale. And it never got that, as it was canceled, Frasier was huge up to the amazing end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back