• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

90's Region – Frasier vs Home Improvement

Frasier vs Home Improvement

• Frasier

• Home Improvement

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
90's Region – Frasier vs Home Improvement

frasier.jpg

VS

Home-Improvement-tv-01.jpg

Frasier was a smart and witty show. And probably one of the most popular spin off shows in history. Niles was great, and Daphne and Roz were great, too.

But it pales in comparison to the awesomeness of Tim 'The Tool Man' Taylor. A manly man, who loved cars, beer, brats, and bitches. Jill was also a great part of the show. Al was, too. Wilson was one of the most unique characters in TV history. And I don't believe I need to mention Pamela Anderson starring on this show and being replaced by the luscious Heidi. Good lord.

Anyway, Frasier got a terrible draw here. Home Improvement for the win.

I love watching Home Improvement reruns. The show is funny, and it's good old "wholesome" family entertainment. But, Frasier was a damn good show, and sometimes was so smart, it didn't come off as funny. I watch reruns now, and I'm rolling all over the floor, so I think it's clear which one stands the test of time better.

Vote Frasier...

We have a show that recycles family values versus one of the most witty television shows in this tournament. Fraiser lasted an incredible 11 years on television, with some of the best storylines in history. Where in Home Improvement was there a storyline as good as Daphne and Niles?

I can sit down and watch Fraiser now and it still holds the value the show originally had. Home Improvement I havent been able to watch since I hit puberty.

Home Improvement, easily.

I've always hated Frasier. My uncle was a big fan of it, so I had to sit through it more times then I ever would have liked, but even though I tried to force myself to like it, I never could get into it. It just wasn't my cup of tea, I guess.

Home Improvement on the other hand... I'm not a huge fan of, but I like it enough to where I'm sure I've seen every episode by this point in time. I'm a big fan of Johnathan Taylor Thomas for some odd reason. Why? I don't know. But I do know any episode revolved around his character was ALWAYS superb. For that simple fact alone I'd vote this show over a lot of others in this tournament, and that definitely includes Frasier.

Fraiser, for a spin off show too last 11 years is just amazing itself. I've watched more Home improvement then Fraiser (Only started watching Fraiser recently) but I've enjoyed Fraiser more after a couple of episodes then the countless episodes of Home Improvement.

Even though I like the character of Mr. Wilson on Home Improvement, I have never found that show funny one bit. Never liked it and probably never will. When I first watched Frasier ten years ago, I didn't think much of it at first but quickly grew in love with it every time it came on Tuesday nights. Most won't get the humor but I laughed each and every episodes. I loved the characters of Frasier, Niles, and Roz and was suprised that the show ran until 2004. I can still watch the old episodes and feel the same way about it now compared to ten years ago. Frasier wins this for me.

Frasier is good. I'm obsessed with Comedy Central, where Frasier is shown, and it came on after a show I was watching one day. I was watching without knowing what it was because I'd missed the intro, but automatically I loved it. The name, and the time it was made had before made me think it'd be pretty dull, but I was wrong. I've laughed at a lot of moments in here, Niles is a great character. I don't think Home Improvement is bad, I've just never really seen the appeal of it, in comparison to Frasier, it doesn't deserve to win.

Home Improvement should win this easily. It's not even a contest. By far it was one of the best, funniest, and most entertaining shows in the 90's, the ratings proved it. In all out seasons, it was always one of the top ten ranked shows in ratings. It was one of the most watched shows of the decade, and along with Fresh Prince, probably one of my favorites that wasn't animated. It had a video game and a board game released based on it, which I'm sure Frasier has never had. it had classic characters and plots, and made me laugh every time, and still does when I see it. Home Improvement for the win here.

Frasier gets my vote here as well, if only for the great, great actor that John Mahoney (Frasier's dad) is. He appeared on the show In Treatment last season and I have to say that his acting was some of the most powerful and wonderful I have ever seen in my entire life. That man's skill alone has earned my vote here.

That, and I never liked Home Improvement. Seen it a thousand times as a kid, but I was just never a fan.

Definetly going Home Improvement here. Was there a greater pairing than Tim and Al? I think not. The jokes about Al's mom never got old. Couple that with the insight of Wilson, and it's a tremendous show that the whole family could enjoy.

Never really got into Fraiser, maybe because it was too smart, but I never really understood that comment. Anyway, Home Improvement is the far superior show for me here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back