Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 1990's Bracket
Round 1, Match 5

Goodfellas
goodfellas.jpg

vs.

The Talented Mr. Ripley
26.gif

Goodfellas, and it's a landslide winner. The Talented Mr. Ripley is an entertaining film, but Goodfellas is possibly the greatest mob movie ever. Mr. Ripley is a good movie, one I enjoy very much, but Goodfellas is my favorite and a movie I will be backing wholeheartedly in this tournament. Goodfellas has what it takes to win, while The Talented Mr. Ripley is good, it's not that memorable.

I'll take Goodfellas here. If this were The Ripley book vs. the Goodfellas movie, this would be too close to call. Ripley is a good film, but Goodfellas could be a sleeper to win this whole thing. Ripley was a movie that I forgot the title of to be honest. Other than Damon in a speedo, there's not much to remember here, as it does little justice to the book.

A gangster film that has three legends of gangster films in Pesci, Liotta and De Niro, against a film that I was bored mindless in, despite the high profile cast of a young Jude Law, Matt Damon and Gwenyth Paltrow? Not really a tough call, especially when you consider the fact that the three leads where allowed to ad-lib as they felt necessary.

Six Oscar nominations and viewed as the 2nd best gangster film ever made is enough to get Goodfellas past Mr Ripley, talented as he may be

Well, Let the dominoes fall. Goodfellas here takes it. The Talented Mr Ripley was gut wrenching. I hated it. I don't even remember how or if I was able to get through it all. Goodfellas on the other hand was over impressive. How many people after watching it wished they were Italian? At least 7, with me being 3 of them. Goodfellas here by a large margin.

Goodfellas" easily gets my vote here. I'll be pushing "Goodfellas" hard in this tournament. What a fucking masterpiece that movie is. I'll get much more into it as the tournament goes by.

Now, let me comment on "The Talented Mr. Ripley". This movie is great up until the shitty ass fucking ending. Seriously, did that ending piss anyone off? I'm all for tragic endings and shit when the case calls for it, but this movie shouldn't have had the one it did and that alone really ruined the entire picture for me. All the acting in it is fucking fantastic, and the suspense you go through with Damon's character is thrilling as hell too, but fuck... that damn ending. It was bullshit and makes me dislike the film for that alone.

Goodfellas by a mile. DeNiro, Pesci, AND Liotta?? God have mercy. Three of the best mob flick guys all together in the same movie? Add that in with great acting, phenomenal story, and it easily takes The Talented Mr. Ripley. Ripley was a good movie, and Matt Damon is a fantastic actor, but it's up against three badasses. Hands down Goodfellas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back