Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner

90’s Region - 2nd Round - Friends vs Beavis and Butt-Head

friends_cast_004a.jpg

VS

beavis_and_butthead_280705.jpg

Wow! I didn't expect Friends to be losing until my vote.

I'm not going to say that it is a travesty because people are entitled to vote for whatever they like and Beavis and Butt-Head was a pretty good show, to be honest. The movies made me laugh over and over again and I always though that although it was a simple formula for a show, it was carried out very effectively and was pretty funny back when I was young.

However, Friends should not lose to Beavis and Butt-Head in my opinion. Friends is one of the only shows that I will constantly watch over and over and over again. From episode 1 to episode 200, this show was a fucking amazing. The characters were brilliant and the storylines that were introduced were very funny. The show seems so familiar to me but always refreshing and funny every time I watch it. I vote for Friends and it really should win.

A show I am heavily supported versus a show that I am heavily against moving any further. Friends is one of my favourite shows ever showing the exciting lives of 6 New Yorkers rise from the working class to the upper middle class while having their brothers children, having countless marriages, having countless partners, and including pets such as monkeys, ducks, and chickens.

I could not stand Beavis and Butthead, being disgusted that there were people who raved about the show. I did not enjoy any experiences of watching the show.

A show I am heavily supported versus a show that I am heavily against moving any further. Friends is one of my favourite shows ever showing the exciting lives of 6 New Yorkers rise from the working class to the upper middle class while having their brothers children, having countless marriages, having countless partners, and including pets such as monkeys, ducks, and chickens.

I could not stand Beavis and Butthead, being disgusted that there were people who raved about the show. I did not enjoy any experiences of watching the show.

:headscratch: Save for Phoebe and Joey (I was about to say the two really annoying ones, but then I remembered they were all really fucking annoying), all of those ***** came from well-off families.

Just like Friends (ugh, I hate to admit this, although I rejoice in the fact that this won't be the case ten years down the road), Beavis and Butt-Head is a cultural institution. I may not find it all that funny now, but it is THE show for all English-speaking tweeners. The music may be dated, but Beavis and Butt-Head's foul language, horniness, worship of bad asses, and attitude towards authority are timeless symptoms of early adolescence. We can all relate to Beavis and Butt-Head; I can't say the same for those six assholes who lived in Manhattan.

Reactions: gd
I was refer to the periods after their leaving their families.

Rachel had to work in a coffee shop, always on the edge of not paying for rent and such, moving into the world of fashion, starting at the bottom of the company and working into a high position with the company.

Phoebe went from the streets, to a masseuse, to being well off (reasons undescribed) but she did marry rich.

Joey went from the working class plumber family to being a struggling actor to being a well off actor on Days of our Life.

Chandler went from a cubicle to a leader of his company, to unemployed and having to borrow money from Joey, into advertising.

Monica went from a diner worker, to a cook in a restaurant, finally into a high paying job as a chef in a top notch restaurant.

Ross went from a decent job, working in a museum, driving a mazda to unemployed, to a professor job.

Many of them did come from well off families, but in their young adulthood, they sure were not well off.

TDigs basically summed up a few of the main reasons why you should vote for Beavis and Butt-head, and not Friends.

Frankly, I have no idea how anyone could watch any of those characters, and find any of them to be in the least bit likable or interesting. They're all gigantic *****. And the "humor" that's apparently in this show...haven't seen it. Ever. I'd love someone to show me a clip of Friends that was humorous in the slightest bit. Beavis & Butthead on the other hand, was absolute GOLD for a few years. It got rather tedious towards the end, but the first few seasons is some of Mike Judge's best work.

Come on, how the fuck can you vote against Mike Judge? The man leaves funnier things in the toilet than Friends.

Lol... it's so funny how Friends haters still know so much about the show, even though they claim to despise it. You'll never hear me say anything knowledgeable about pieces of shit like Seinfeld and Frasier, because while I gave each episode a chance, and was forced to watch both of them when I didn't want to, I still don't know shit about either show. They were so fucking forgettable because they sucked; however, none of you forget anything about Friends, because it's just that awesome. :icon_razz:

Anyway, I love me some Beavis and Butthead, but of course I have to vote for Friends here. Friends is one of the greatest sitcoms of all time in my book, and while I would consider Beavis and Butthead one of the greatest animated shows in history, I honestly don't consider it a sitcom, so I can't even consider voting for it over as something as great as Friends, ya dig?

Reactions: TLC
Fuck Friends. Another really overrated show, in my opinion. I've probably only watched it around 5 times in my life, and it's just not funny at all. My mom really likes it though.

Beavis and Butthead is hilarious. It's a show that's right up my alley. Mostly just complete stupidity and general hooligism that I'm sure most of us have sent through in our live. Plus, my dad really likes it.

I'm going with dad on this one, you should too.

Wow, I'm sorry, but I thought toilet humor was just about as unfunny as Friends. I may not be the biggest friends fan, but it's made me chuckle, while Beavis and Butt-head make me want to up-chuck. Friends is much more substantial. If you compare it to eating then Beavis and Butt-head are Twinkies, while Friends is a Baconator from Wendy's. Not that good for you, but still more filling than a Twinkie.

Lol... it's so funny how Friends haters still know so much about the show, even though they claim to despise it. You'll never hear me say anything knowledgeable about pieces of shit like Seinfeld and Frasier, because while I gave each episode a chance, and was forced to watch both of them when I didn't want to, I still don't know shit about either show. They were so fucking forgettable because they sucked; however, none of you forget anything about Friends, because it's just that awesome. :icon_razz:

Anyway, I love me some Beavis and Butthead, but of course I have to vote for Friends here. Friends is one of the greatest sitcoms of all time in my book, and while I would consider Beavis and Butthead one of the greatest animated shows in history, I honestly don't consider it a sitcom, so I can't even consider voting for it over as something as great as Friends, ya dig?

It would be ridiculous to hate something without having seen it. I've probably seen ten Friends episodes, which means I gave it nine chances too many. And, I only know about their occupations because they won't shut the fuck up about themselves.

All I ever hear is how great Friends is, but not one person has yet to explain why this is the case. What is so great about this show? I personally think I have every right to out this show for the piece of shit that it is, as I've explained over and over again why I think that this is the case (in a nutshell, extremely shallow and self-centered characters, mediocre writing, and a reliance on guest stars to make it the least bit interesting).

I'm definitely going with Beavis And Butt Head. I absolutely loved this damn show when I was a kid. These two would crack me up soooo much. They were just two guys who didn't really give a shit about anything, and would constantly go on these wild adventures. Plus the old rock videos, and sometimes hip-hop, they would play during the show was just icing on the cake.

I tried to watch Friends while it was on air, and I tend to glance at the re-runs every now and then, but that show just never did it for me. The humor was very bland and dry. As far as the characters go, they all just came off as these huge douche bags to me. So, yeah, Beavis And Butt Head all the way.

I somewhat never saw the appeal of Beavis and Butthead although it was funny at times and I did like the movie "Beavis and Butthead Do America". However, I thought Friends was the all-around better show and it did accurately depict life in New York which seemed to be the thing for most shows around that time period. Friends just wins this one for me because I feel it's a all-around better show.

Beavis and Butt-Head is hands down the funniest show of the two. Friends is not horrendous, but it is just zone out television. There's nothing about it that makes you laugh out loud, but its harmless. Beavis and Butt-Head does have the toilet humour, but it can also be very witty at times, and in many ways foreshadows King of the Hill in that way. Mike Judge deserves to have a show in the third round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back