• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

80's Region - #4 U2 vs # 61 Dokken

U2 vs Dokken

• U2

• Dokken

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

80's Region 2nd Round Match

#4 U2 vs # 61 Dokken

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

So this is pitting U2, a band in their prime during the 80s against Dokken...this could be a demolition
U2 in the 80s were easily at their best. Scratch memories of Elevation and Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own from your mind, that is U2 at an average, sellable sound. Instead, replace those songs with the likes of New Year's Day, Pride, Where the Streets Have No Name, Follow, Bad and The Sweetest Thing, not to mention the iconic sounds of With or Without you, I still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

New Year's Day
[youtube]zHzLWLFTPPI[/youtube]
Pride
[youtube]k04KzgYRKrE[/youtube]
Where the Streets Have No Name
[youtube]QQxl9EI9YBg[/youtube]
With or Without You
[youtube]yEfSnjL0pd8[/youtube]

Listen to those songs...there's a reason U2's most acclaimed albums (The Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum) are as good as they are. In fact, but The Best of U2: 1980-1990 and you won't regret it! Not bad for a man who suffers from a ringing in his ears all the time! U2 win this easily for me.

Scratch memories of Elevation and Sometimes You Can't Make it On Your Own from your mind,

Elevation was one of my favourite U2 songs, so was the Batman theme tune, Kiss me Kill me, i think it was called.

This band has been awesome for 10 maybe 20 years, and other songs that I think deserve honourable mention are, Sunday Bloody Sunday and Vertigo.

Elevation in my view was one of their poorer songs, especially compared to their older work. But each are entilted to opinions...and you atoned by mentioning the song I always forget in Sunday Bloody Sunday. Gotta love how Northern Ireland's political situation can inspire several songs by Irish bands and artists.

Oh man. This should be a landslide victory for U2. Based on popularity, influence in music today, overall song quality, and the way they represent themselves, U2 will win this round and go far into this tournement. Dokken really doesnt even stand a chance in this one. I really dont like Dokken. My vote goes to U2. Man this one isnt even fair.

As much as I hate Bono, U2 take the vote here. They ahve written some right corkers in the past, its just a shame Bono is a miserable shit.

Wants people to give money all the time, then signs a 500 million doller deal to front Pepsi...

I admit it...I laughed at the irony of that one. Yeah, Bono himself is a bit of a tool, trying to come over as a saint, which I say fair enough to...but there's a difference between saying give money to help the poor and pocketing that much money the next week.
Thing is that's Bono now, look at the music he put out in the 80s and ignore the fact he's trying to garner a bit of the fame Bob Geldof has.
[youtube]2fBj2wsimvQ[/youtube]

Obviously U2 is the band of choice here. They've put out hit after hit for over 20 years, and they're popularity hasn't dropped the entire time. They're great songwriters, and they know how to play a crowd. Dokken doesn't compare whatsoever to the longevity and popularity of U2. They take it in a landslide here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back