Jesus and Mary Chain vs Dokken

• Jesus and Mary Chain

• Dokken

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
1st Round 80's Match

Jesus and Mary Chain vs Dokken

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

I am going to throw full support behind Dokken, here, whom I may go see tour with Poison and Sebastian Bach this summer @ the PNC Bank Arts Center is anyone is so inclined.

Dokken was an awesome band -very complete musically at a time when empty (but totally awesome) hair metal rules. While everyone was kicking everything up a little faster, Dokken slowed the metal down - not to a ballad range, but somewhere in between. Songs like "Into the Fire," "Breaking the Chains," and "The Hunter" were rhythmically complete and fused Don Dokken's strong vocals with George Lynch's legendary guitar.

Of course, this is the same George Lynch who, along with Dokken, went to shoot a video atop a dormant volcano. During Lynch's guitar solo, the band's boots began to melt, until they realized the volcano was now active! Into the helicopter and away we go - 2 hours before the thing leaked lava. Now THAT is a guitar solo!

Dokken may have been a good band IC25, but they hold absolutely NOTHING on the Jesus & Mary Chain in terms of sheer wild originality and genius. These guys absolutely perfected the genre of shoegazer rock, which paved the way to the formation of Britpop and the explosion of bands like Blur & Oasis in popularity.

I don't expect the Jesus & Mary Chain to win this, simply because alot of people here probably have no clue who they are, and won't bother to check them out anyways. Which is a shame. If you don't love the one song I'm about to post, then you have no appreciation for the decade of music that was the 80s. You may recognize the song from the movie "Lost in Translation".

The Jesus & Mary Chain - Just Like Honey
[youtube]zvBlKcyfeoU[/youtube]

That song right there is my definition of an absolutely perfect song. It hypnotizes you with the sounds of droning guitars and vocal harmony that makes you quiver every time. I can't reccommend this song enough to you people. Just give it a try, listen to all of it, let it grow on you. It's amazing.

Jesus & Mary Chain for me over Dokken any day of the week. But thats simply me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back