80's Region - #30 John Cougar Mellencamp vs #35 AC/DC w/ Brian Johnson

John Cougar Mellencamp vs AC/DC (w/ Brian Johnson)

• John Cougar Mellencamp

• AC/DC (w/ Brian Johnson)

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 80's Region Match

#30 John Cougar Mellencamp vs #35 AC/DC (with Brian Johnson)

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

OOOOOH.

Talk about a tough one. I'm torn. I love AC/DC Brian Johnson style...but I am from Indiana, and I grew up listening to Johnny Cougar. Hmmm.

I'm going to go with AC/DC based on their overall impact and their PHENOMENAL live album. Their live album is one of the best live albums out there. Go get it. Sorry Johnny Cougar. :(

I am shocked by the vibe I get when I see the Bon Scott vs Brian Johnson vibe go the way of Bon Scott. Truth is, Scott may have launched the Young Brothers, but Johnson was the singer who made them ROCK LEGENDS.

AC/DC Discography w/ Johnson

Back in Black (22x Platinum)
For Those About to Rock (4x Platinum)
Flick of the Switch (1x Platinum)
'74 Jailbreak (1x Platinum)
Fly on the Wall (1x Platinum)
Who Made Who (5x Platinum)
Blow Up Your Video (1x Platinum)
The Razor's Edge (5x Platinum)
Ballbreaker (2x Platinum)
Stiff Upper Lip (1x Platinum)

One ONE Johnson led AC/DC album failed to hit Platinum status in the US since 1980, and that was Volts in 1997. I really messed the seeding up here, AC/DC with Johnson is Top 10 material.

Agreed, IC. Johnson has one of if not THE best rock and roll voice of all time. It's grungy but also very broad in that it can go deep and high. But it appears that Johnny Cougar is making a comeback. There must be a lot of Johnny Cougar marks out there. But this SHOULD be going to AC/DC.

AC/DC w/ Brian Johnson ftw.

Edit: IC, are you sure that Stiff Upper Lip went platinum?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back