• Bon Jovi

• Sting

• The Beastie Boys

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

5th Round 80's Region Match

#3 Bon Jovi vs #6 Sting vs #54 The Beastie Boys

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

I think Sting is overrated...there, I said it. Bon Jovi has consistently turned out great music, especially in the 80s and is still going, while sting has to reform the Police to get much attention nowadays. Bon Jovi takes this in my eyes

I wouldn't say Sting is overrated. He's just got one of those voices. You ever love him or hate him. I hate him. But I'm sure than I'd be a fan of any of his songs if they were sung by another musician.

Bon Jovi do commercial rock. People might bash them because they're radio friendly. But some of their 80's songs are the best hair ballads ever made.

The issue with Sting isn't a matter of talent. Fact is, he blew his load with The Police. As much as I enjoyed SOME of his solo work, a lot of it was WAY too toned down and radio friendly. It was soft-rock radio on a disc. I respect Sting's body of work, but like Phil Collins, when you take the work with the multi-platinum band out of the equation like we do here, it's hard to have a leg to stand on.

Bon Jovi is one of the greatest bands of all time, and they truly defined the 80's with some classic power ballads and middle-class rock music. Their anthems are still relevant today, and they still sell out HUGE arenas and stadiums just on the power of their classics alone. Jovi in a walk.

Bon Jovi doesn't deserve to be this Far considering that who they went up against are superior in every way shape and form. I still have no idea how The Beastie Boys got in as they are not Rock. Leaving the crap producer that is Sting Without the Police. It is so difficult to vote now due to complete and utter speed of the voting of this thing, there is no time in which to be informed as soon as the first bands go up, the next round goes up. I will harp on about this because It is the biggest Flaw in this tournament.

Bon Jovi doesn't deserve to be this Far considering that who they went up against are superior in every way shape and form. I still have no idea how The Beastie Boys got in as they are not Rock. Leaving the crap producer that is Sting Without the Police. It is so difficult to vote now due to complete and utter speed of the voting of this thing, there is no time in which to be informed as soon as the first bands go up, the next round goes up. I will harp on about this because It is the biggest Flaw in this tournament.

Not sure what you would have had me do differently. With 360+ bands in this thing, if each match took over a week to post, it'd take 6 months to run this tournament, and neither I nor anyone else has the patience to do that. Besides, there are a number of other tournaments people want to run, and they are holding off on them until the end of this one.

And how you can say Bon Jovi, one of the most iconic and highest selling rock bands in music history, doesn't deserve to be this far blows my mind. The man has put out consistently good rock music for over two decades now, is the author and performer of as many true rock anthems as anyone else ever, and still sells out areans all over the world. But yeah, he's crap. That's akin to saying John Cena sucks despite his obvious drawing power, talent, and main event moments because he doesn't chain wrestle - same argument, but in music.

Sting absolutely had the strength to get this far, and I totally understand why he made it. I think it's more a shame the Police got knocked out, thought it was by a better band.

And The Beastie Boys helped invent rap-rock, and even skyrocketed it into the mainstream. They are a type of rock. They paved the way for several acts that fuse the two styles, and got in (though with an amazingly low seed) as a result of that. They may not be "pure" rock like some of the bands in the 70's and 80's, but shit they certainly had a rock element to them. So did Bo Diddley, though he wasn't as "rock" as Stevie Ray Vaughn. In it's own context, the Beasties absolutely deserved a tournament berth, and if you didn't feel they should have, then 3 months ago would have been the time to bring that up.

I did bring it up three months ago, I was just ignored. Bon Jovi musically when compared to Iron Maiden produces shit as opposed to a band that went through reinvention due to replacing their frontman. Almost unheard of for that. Sting without the police sure they were hits but relative to what was produced when he was with The Police it is Crap. I criticise the amount that radio is influencing people in this rather than what does make a band superior quality of music, not what the radio says is good.

I've been a fan of Bon Jovi for as long as I can remember. For me to vote against them would be ludicrous. I am a fan of Sting, he's had some decent songs. The Beastie Boys? Who are they? I dont even care for them. Bon Jovi has produced some of the best Hair Ballads ever. Just on that alone they should take this. Selfish I know but what can you do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back