Rush vs Steppenwolf

• Rush

• Steppenwolf

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Region Match

Rush vs Steppenwolf

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

I'll be the first to vote for Steppenwolf. Here is another band that helped shape the hard rock genre. I very groovy rock band with some great songs that have definately withstood the test of time.
Personally, I can't listen to Rush. The singer's (sorry, his name escapes me at the moment) voice grates on my nerves like fingernails on a chalkboard.

While Geddy Lee's vocals can get on my nerves at times, I still have a ton of respect for Rush and especially Neil Peart who is a total drumming GOD. "Tom Sawyer" is a classic song as well.

But like RVDGurl, I too went with Steppenwolf. One of the best forgotten bands of the 60s, one who most people would say "Who?" despite their numerous classic hits. For those who don't recognize the name Steppenwolf, surely you've heard their songs "Born to Be Wild" and "Magic Carpet Ride", two songs played so often on TV and movies that you'd probably have to live under a rock to have not atleast heard "Born to Be Wild". But that wasn't even their best stuff, songs like "The Pusher" outmatch those any day in my book.

So for those who don't know Steppenwolf, check em out if you dig 60s rock or hard rock of any kind really. You won't be disappointed.

Steppenwolf - The Pusher
[youtube]rpoEmlxUPeQ[/youtube]

Gotta fuckin' love that guitar intro.

I'm honestly surprised that Rush beat Steppenwolf so bad, especially since Steppenwolf is a superior band (at least in my opinion). Classics like Born to be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride alone should have beaten Rush. Rush is a decent band and all, but I think Steppenwolf should have taken this one easily.

In terms of influence, Rush far outweighs Steppenwolf. Sure, Born to Be Wild and Magic Carpet Ride were great songs, but they're the only two songs anyone is likely to have heard from Stepppenwolf, and most wouldn't even know Steppenwolf does those songs. Rush, however, was the perfect example of a progressive rock group, and they have many recognizable songs such as Tom Sawyer, Spirit of Radio, Freewill, Limelight, Red Barchetta, and 2112.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back