Styx vs The Ramones

• Styx

• The Ramones

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Region Match

Styx vs The Ramones

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

I have a question. I've noticed on several different internet forums that no one seems to like Styx at all. Why is that? I've recently gotten into them, and some of their songs are very good in my opinion.

4 words. "Domo oregato Mr. Roboto", but saying that they are not that bad. But they are going against one of the founding groups of Punk in The Ramones who brought out some classic songs like "Blitzkrieg Bop", "Sheena is a Punk Rocker" and "I Wanna Be Sedated". The Style that the Ramones had is perhaps the most influential. Malcom McClaren stole a majority of the look from The Ramones and MC5 when he created the Sex Pistols.

Oh, yes...I forgot about "Mr. Roboto"...but even though that's probably their best-known song, it's not even close to their best song. "Renegade" is an amazing song--I don't know how anyone could dislike that one. I really like "Babe," "Too Much Time on My Hands," and "Blue Collar Man" as well, and of course "Come Sail Away". Bottom line is, don't judge Styx based solely upon "Mr. Roboto," because that's hardly their typical song. In fact, it's really one of their worse ones...

But it's true that they are going against the Ramones, who are absolute legends. I was the only person who voted Styx, but that's mostly because I personally enjoy them more than the Ramones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back