Pink Floyd vs Supertramp

• Pink Floyd

• Supertramp

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Match

Pink Floyd vs Supertramp

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

While I like Supertramp, how the fuck can anyone vote against Pink Floyd? They rule in almost every single category of what you put a band up against, Top singles, yep Money, Another Brick In The Wall, Learning to Fly, Wish You Were Here. top Albums, well Dark Side of the Moon still has its record for the longest amount of time for one album on the Billboard charts. lyrical structure is near perfect, using Roger Waters lyrics they fit perfectly in there and they aren't there when they aren't needed. Instrumentation is near flawless. Stage Shows were apparently Brilliant, I can't judge since I am too young to have seen pink floyd live. I know it isn't a hard sell here.

Breakfast in America by Supertramp is a great album, I haven't gotten around to fully listening to Crime of the Century yet but the big name songs on both of these albums alone is great.

This is going to be one of the Hardest Decades to pick for.

Hmmm... Pink Floyd vs Supertramp. The Wall, Welcome to the Machince, brick in the wall, and Lucy in the sky with diamonds vs A band that was really only known, stateside at least, for Dreamer.

no contest really, Pink floyd is one of the most successful and most influential bands in rock history, surprisingly enough, their songs are still being used today in popular culture today

This is a no-contest. Supertramp is dead. All hail Pink Floyd.

What does one say here that isn't incredibly obvious? Supertramp were okay, nothing special in my book, but Pink Floyd were downright amazing.

What angers me though is there are all these kids today listening to Pink Floyd and claiming to be big fans, yet have never even heard of Syd Barrett! It's ridiculious. While post-Barrett Pink Floyd remains the most popular and acclaimed work they ever put out, I for one always preferred Pink Floyd when Barrett was leading the band. He was simply a musical genius, mixing British pop, psychedelic rock, folk ballads and even children's nursery rhymes into this insane mixture that was immediately recognizable and among the top psychedelic rock ever produced.

So do yourself a favor people if all you've heard is "Dark Side of the Moon" or "The Wall", and buy or download their first album, "Piper At the Gates of Dawn". It's total mind-pleasuring genius.

This is a no-contest. Supertramp is dead. All hail Pink Floyd.

What does one say here that isn't incredibly obvious? Supertramp were okay, nothing special in my book, but Pink Floyd were downright amazing.

What angers me though is there are all these kids today listening to Pink Floyd and claiming to be big fans, yet have never even heard of Syd Barrett! It's ridiculious. While post-Barrett Pink Floyd remains the most popular and acclaimed work they ever put out, I for one always preferred Pink Floyd when Barrett was leading the band. He was simply a musical genius, mixing British pop, psychedelic rock, folk ballads and even children's nursery rhymes into this insane mixture that was immediately recognizable and among the top psychedelic rock ever produced.

So do yourself a favor people if all you've heard is "Dark Side of the Moon" or "The Wall", and buy or download their first album, "Piper At the Gates of Dawn". It's total mind-pleasuring genius.

Fantastic post, X!

Syd Barrett is a legend, and people who know and appreciate him also can understand the power of a song like "Shine On You Crazy Diamond." Amazing man, amazing song.

Floyd were the definitive poets of Classic Rock. Their songs were built like Bentleys - hand crafted, nothing manufactured, with the finest parts available.

I always had a special appreciation for "Have a Cigar" because of they way Floyd made the sound of the song pleasing but ALSO created a song that sounded frightening and unsure, and lead vocals that made the record producer character sound sleazy and greasy. One of the most clever and creative songs I have ever heard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back