Aerosmith vs Steve Miller Band

• Aerosmith

• Steve Miller Band

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

1st Round 70's Region Match

Aerosmith vs Steve Miller Band

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Aerosmith for me.

Ok, they may not be the greatest band in the world, but they have put out some rather good songs. Deep down, no-one can deny the fact that they enjoyed the likes Dude Looks Like a Lady, Jaded and Crazy. Given the long standing appeal, and that they are still putting out acclaimed songs (Don't Wanna Miss a Thing for example), and they more than overcome Steve Tyler's scary face!

I have to disagree a little. I think Aerosmith is one of the best bands ever. I mean they were a classic example of 70's rock, and one of the best of the 90's, as well as kicking it wil RunDMC. I do like Steve Miller Band but this is the equivalent of Ricky Steamboat vs Koko B Ware.

I've thought about, and I'm going to go with the Steve Miller Band, you just can't deny the greatness of songs like The Joker or Fly Like an Eagle (which was immortalized for this generation IMO for being the unofficial theme song of Michael Jordan)

Aerosmith had a few good singles, but I feel that they gained most of their popularity through the media attention that they received in the 90's.

Aerosmith is quite simply put the single most overrated band in the history of rock and roll. Did they have a slew of fantastic albums in the early to mid 70s? Hell yeah, "Toys in the Attic" and "Rocks" remain two of the all time greatest hard rock records ever put out. But be honest with yourselves people, Aerosmith hasn't produced a good album since '77 or '78, and they don't appear to be able to anymore. Though they became popular on MTV to a whole new generation in the 80s and 90s, they truly weren't the same band and to be honest they weren't very good. "Janies Got a Gun" is probably the only post-70s Aerosmith song I enjoy. Everything else has been utter shit, don't even get me started on their last couple of albums which are so atrociously bad that they make Milli Vanilli look like rock superstars.

Still, their work in the 70s beats out Steve Miller Band's work in the 70s IMO, even if Miller had some fantastic songs like "The Joker" and "Take the Money and Run". Aerosmith should take this one rather easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back