Aerosmith vs The Sex Pistols

• Aerosmith

• The Sex Pistols

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 70's Region Match

#3 Aerosmith vs #35 The Sex Pistols

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

Ok, before XFear jumps on to corrupt all of your minds by trying to convince you that the amazing band Aerosmith is overrated, I will make this clear. Aerosmith is one of the best, most versatile and most consistent bands in the history of rock music. The Sex Pistols are not.

Aerosmith has churned out so many great albums and hits, they have survived several eras of music and remained true to the blues rock that made them legends, they have experimented and collaborated, and they survived addiction and break-up to remain one of the hottest touring bands in the world today.

The Sex Pistols, though influential, were disjointed anarchists whose lifestyle was truly reflected in their music - unkempt, random, and hopeless. Where Aerosmith rose above the temptation to kill themselves and their careers, The Sex Pistols succumbed to it. I refuse to let their rock martyrdom come in the form of a win over a band as amazing as Aerosmith.

[youtube]LGM5GkINMMI[/youtube]

[youtube]ro7IAv5K7jg[/youtube]

[youtube]sNzEQ8hG1zA[/youtube]

[youtube]V4tv5erW448[/youtube]

Sorry IC25, but I had to arrive for this one.

Aerosmith IS overrated. Don't get me wrong, Aerosmith were the premier hard rock band of the 70s and for a very short period of time were producing some of the best music on Earth there. Then came the 80s. And the 90s. And then the movie Armageddon. You see where I'm going with this?

Aerosmith in the 70s were fantastic. Sweet Emotion is one of the all time greatest rock and roll songs ever created. But I'm sorry, but they've produced nothing but total and utter crap for about 25 years now. Aside from maybe the song Janie's Got a Gun, nothing they've produced has been even slightly good, nor share any relation to their roots.

The Sex Pistols on the other hand are the biggest musical revolution ever, outside of maybe the Beatles or Elvis. Rock has never been the same since the opening yelps of Anarchy in the UK, never.

Still, I'd probably go with Aerosmith on this one, based on their fantastic 70s work (Toys in the Attic is a must).

The Sex Pistols pioneered the British style of punk(comapred to the American version pioneered bby the likes of the Ramones)

They were snotty, they were loud. They were hell raising before the likes of the 80s. They wrote a song about the Queen that still sounds good today.

Aoersmith were a great band, but Sex Pistols did more for the record industry in tuerms of influence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back