Queen vs Santana

• Queen

• Santana

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

2nd Round 70's Region Match

#2 Queen vs #34 Santana

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun!

This should not be close.

Santana is a good, nay, great guitarist. But Santana, by himself, is not better than Brian May is. Brian May is as good or better than Santana in terms of technique, influence and effect, and blows him away in success and versatility.

THEN, you add in Freddie Mercury and the rest of Queen. Queen is the greatest rock band in history.

As talented as Santana is, they got a shit draw early against a band that should steamroll through the 70's (with the exception of a tough match looming against Elton John) until they hit either Aerosmith or Pink Floyd. Santana is no exception, and he goes home in CONVINCING fashion.

Queen - the Greatest Ever!

Completely agree with you here Irish. Queen are my choice for the whole tournament. I can't think of one single band that beats them. Looking at your criteria for how we should vote, Queen ticks all of the boxes. I can't think of one person that will not know who they are.

Many of my favourite songs are Queen hits. They are completely original, and not the 'typical' rock band. They open to a wide range of listeners, not just the stereotype rock fan. Don't stop me now is an example of a song almost everyone knows, because so many people like that sort of music.

I chose Santana. Maybe it's just Ricky being Ricky, but Santana is clearly one of the GREATEST guitarists of all time, if not THE best. Furthermore, he has done so for so long, it just adds to his resume. The guy was still winning Grammys almost 10 years ago or so.

Queen is a great band, I cannot argue with that. I just give the nod to Santana for his work, unique sound, and longevity.

I agree partly with Ricky...Santana is one of the greatest guitarists ever. that much is true. The problem is, Brian May is also one of the greatest guitarists ever. And it's pretty much impossible to look over the fact that Brian May, while talented, is not superior to Freddie Mercury.
Santana are good, but they do not overturn Queen, not by a long shot

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back