Bone For Tuna

Registered Loser
The Hollywood Reporter has released more information regarding Jeff Jarrett's new Global Force Wrestling Promotion, and this is likely the "Hollywood media outlet" that Jarrett was referring to yesterday when he noted the GFW announcement would be delayed.

The Reporter is noting GFW is partnering with "The Biggest Loser" television show creator Dave Broome, and Jarrett and Broome are shopping television rights to matches that will air "both live and live to tape" along with "unscripted fare." Broome states that interest is high from both major broadcast and cable networks.

"It just won't be a bunch of wrestling matches; we have exciting announcements to come," Broome says. "TNA or WWE right now is match after match after match. Global Force Wrestling is not going to do that. There will be matches but there will be a lot more and a lot more variety placed into the actual events that will be really innovative and fresh."

The report goes on to state the promotion has over "500 performers," (which seems improbable) and will serve as competition to both TNA and WWE. GFW will air 52 weeks a year, and it's unclear as to whether or not country music star Toby Keith is involved in the promotion.

This was posted on the main page.

Apparently Jarrett has already got 500 performers signed on for his stupid project, or that's what they're telling television networks anyway.

That's a whole lot of jobbers and rejects.

I say they should book a 500 man Battle Royal to crown the first ever GFW World Champion on their first show.

500 man over the top rope elimination match for the GFW title. Then at the very end all the people finally realize only 499 have entered the match. Then boom! Out comes Jarret and wins the match. Book it...

Maybe they could use Gauntlet rules and WCW's World War 3 concept. 6 people (2 in each ring) start the match, 7th entrant enters the 1st ring, 8th entrant enters the 2nd ring, and the 9th entrant enters the 3rd ring, and it goes on like that for the rest of the match.

Oh man, it'd be the only match on the card and would be is whole entire debut. Then at the end, a huge To Be Continued appears at the end for next week.

I could see 500 employess, counting office folks, crew, agents etc... and maybe 20 performers.

But 500 performers.

No. Fucking. Way.

Yeah, the word performers stands out. If he meant wrestlers, he would have said wrestlers.

He is likely including any musical acts or segments which leads me to believe it will have a kind of carnival variety show feel to it. IDK about this so far. Still waiting on a confirmed list of wrestlers.

If they did a 500 man Battle Royal under the same rules as the Royal Rumble, and the #1 entrant won, he would basically bury HBK, Stone Cold, and re-bury Benoit.

But seriously, I'm right. Hire several hundered people for your audience and you can create a hell of an atmosphere. Make your promotion look big time from the off.

But seriously, I'm right. Hire several hundered people for your audience and you can create a hell of an atmosphere. Make your promotion look big time from the off.

Is this even a bad idea? If he has a decent investor, cheap extras cost nothing, bolster the real crowd, get chants going, tape a few weeks in advance, impress the viewers and TV execs... Win/Win right?

Global Force, eh? Does that mean they signed a bunch of exaggerated racial stereotypes to help fight evil? It already sounds like a bad plot from a cartoon & I hope that wasnt what Jarrett has been travelling the globe for. The Justice League 'C' team from Planet Jarrett does not sound like it will work out if that is the case.

I'm sorry but the thought of Jarrett booking himself to take on Carlito for the heavyweight title on the first show doesn't really give me a raging boner.

1 out of 3 men experience erection problems, there's nothing wrong with getting it checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back