• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official: GFW to present NJPW's January 4 Wrestle Kingdom show on PPV

NJPW World is what you're talking about.

It's either going to be a network type thing or it's just going to be a site where you can download VOD's and stream iPPV's like ROH's website. The thing people here don't understand is outside of Japan, NJPW's biggest iPPV markets were Singapore and Thailand. They were selling thousands of iPPV's on uStream from those countries and only a couple of thousand to people in the US.

It was Marty Friedman a former Megadeth lead guitarist, who lives in Japan now

Ah, sorry, always get confused with metal bands. But yeah, they'll probably be trying to top last year, Karl Anderson said on Talk n' Shop that the plans are already in place for their entrance this year and he's really excited so It'll be something elaborate.

Does Jarrett think this is gonna do him well? I mean, he literally got a highly successful show in PPV in the U.S., which they've done before, and advertise it as if its a totally separate company. Right now its just Jarrett, an ugly ass logo and JR for one night. Is he waiting for January to buy TNA out and say its totally new or something? Cause it would totally fit him.

Does Jarrett think this is gonna do him well? I mean, he literally got a highly successful show in PPV in the U.S., which they've done before, and advertise it as if its a totally separate company. Right now its just Jarrett, an ugly ass logo and JR for one night. Is he waiting for January to buy TNA out and say its totally new or something? Cause it would totally fit him.

Considering he's not footing the bill for the entire thing so long as he gets "x" amount of buys which is something like 10,000 he will have made money. If he makes money, it's a success. I've said this in this thread previously, right now GFW is considered a content distributor who will take international wrestling events and show them in the US on PPV. Will he have his own roster, etc? We don't know, but his first move is to bring a NJPW PPV to the US and that's pretty awesome as NJPW is a pretty awesome product.

Considering he's not footing the bill for the entire thing so long as he gets "x" amount of buys which is something like 10,000 he will have made money. If he makes money, it's a success. I've said this in this thread previously, right now GFW is considered a content distributor who will take international wrestling events and show them in the US on PPV. Will he have his own roster, etc? We don't know, but his first move is to bring a NJPW PPV to the US and that's pretty awesome as NJPW is a pretty awesome product.
Yeah, but what else is he supposed to bring? AAA? They only have 5 shows. Nothing else seems big enough for that kind of distribution and wrestling has become pretty saturated outside the U.S.

Yeah, but what else is he supposed to bring? AAA? They only have 5 shows. Nothing else seems big enough for that kind of distribution and wrestling has become pretty saturated outside the U.S.

Just read the Observer and it says if this is any kind of success he'll be showing all of NJPW's big shows on PPV in the States. He'll also be showing AAA's, including Triplemania because they've had a lot of issues getting a US PPV deal. Other then that until he announces someone signed to a roster or something, GFW is just a modern day NWA of sorts.

Just read the Observer and it says if this is any kind of success he'll be showing all of NJPW's big shows on PPV in the States. He'll also be showing AAA's, including Triplemania because they've had a lot of issues getting a US PPV deal. Other then that until he announces someone signed to a roster or something, GFW is just a modern day NWA of sorts.
The NWA had their own championships and a unitary board. This is more like Pro Wrestling USA.

Jarrett ‘s current approach with Global Force Wrestling is actually pretty brilliant when looking at the landscape in today’s world of professional wrestling. Starting from scratch, looking at so many aspects of the business, would be damn near impossible. He has been able to ink a few deals on a few continents. If all goes as planned this should benefit each party involved. Possibly after some successful runs this Global Force takes off.

Patience is the key here. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

The NWA had their own championships and a unitary board. This is more like Pro Wrestling USA.

We can't have everything right out of the gate. Give Global Force sometime to grown its own and their partner brands. I would bet JJ has plans to eventually run an event featuring the crowning of a GFW World Champion. I would also expect he is pitching a global showcase style show to television stations.

We can't have everything right out of the gate. Give Global Force sometime to grown its own and their partner brands. I would bet JJ has plans to eventually run an event featuring the crowning of a GFW World Champion. I would also expect he is pitching a global showcase style show to television stations.

I wasn't bitching, just making a comparison.

I can't imagine ROH would let them use reDRagon so I feel this is an indicator talks have gone/are going well. Jeff Jarrett immediately tweeted and credited reDRagon as ROH talents as well.

It's been over a year. In that time-span, promotions in Japan, U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico have kicked up and have World Champions, TV deals and full rosters.

I wasn't bitching, just making a comparison.

I knew you weren't bitching. The GFW is just one of those things that is going to take time to develop. If I had to guess, Jarrett is taking his time to make sure it is done correctly or to the best of his ability.

It's been over a year. In that time-span, promotions in Japan, U.S., Mexico and Puerto Rico have kicked up and have World Champions, TV deals and full rosters.

Those are individual promotions. Global Force is working on a much lager scale. GFW has partnerships with thirteen promotions. That equals a massive talent pool with some major championship. They are promoting their first sponsored event to the English speaking world on PPV. I'd say that is a pretty solid start. They will continue to evolve and in time we should see a pretty bad ass crowning of a GFW Champion(s).

Those are individual promotions. Global Force is working on a much lager scale. GFW has partnerships with thirteen promotions. That equals a massive talent pool with some major championship. They are promoting their first sponsored event to the English speaking world on PPV. I'd say that is a pretty solid start. They will continue to evolve and in time we should see a pretty bad ass crowning of a GFW Champion(s).
You know who tried the same thing? Hugo Savinovich. He founded WWL. Had worked deals with AAA, TNA, Zero-1, the Wiki page literally reads about 20 promotions. That all went to hell. Because ego's met. Wrestlers went into business for themselves, no one wanted their talent to lose to talent from another company in another company and TNA didn't want their talent on TV. It was a shitty idea. It stopped them dry for 6 months. Now they're just a company for themselves with independent workers.

Jarretts goofy idea will blow in his face. History has told it several times.

Name me one successful one.

I'd go as far as to say that Jarrett securing the rights to Wrestle Kingdom, the second biggest wrestling show in the world, in-front of 40,000 in the Tokyo Dome, with an incredibly stacked card, with Jim Ross, arguably the best wrestling announcer ever whose voice is synonymous with sport - not just wrestling - is more successful than anything Wrestle-1 or even WWL can do. Wrestle-1 is considered a failure. And while WWL may be big in Puerto Rico, I don't see it doing much elsewhere.

Jarrett's approach is smart. He's taking it nice and steady. Instead of blowing the load all at once for no reason at all.

I don't understand why anyone is proclaiming or wanting this to fail. We should all hope this is successful and can add another alternative for people to watch. TNA obviously isn't it anymore and other promotions still have roadblocks. Nothing wrong with Jarrett slowly bringing in another factor, keep an open mind before we pull out the pitchforks.

Name me one successful one.

I'd go as far as to say that Jarrett securing the rights to Wrestle Kingdom, the second biggest wrestling show in the world, in-front of 40,000 in the Tokyo Dome, with an incredibly stacked card, with Jim Ross, arguably the best wrestling announcer ever whose voice is synonymous with sport - not just wrestling - is more successful than anything Wrestle-1 or even WWL can do. Wrestle-1 is considered a failure. And while WWL may be big in Puerto Rico, I don't see it doing much elsewhere.

Jarrett's approach is smart. He's taking it nice and steady. Instead of blowing the load all at once for no reason at all.
How is it smart? Taking other people's work and calling it your own? I understand that he's raising awareness and taking his time but eventually he's gonna need a roster of people and unless it's the people TNA has had to let go or the whole roster itself, he's gonna have to borrow from other companies. At which point, heads will collide. We're already seeing it with him and ROH. You asked "Name me one successful one" referring to the debuting companies. Well name one successful union that didn't end in conflict? NWA? Pro Wrestling USA? Just look at the TNA/Wrestle-1 union and how one-sided it is.

I'm not saying an actual new company is a bad idea. I'm saying Jarrett trying to bring promotions together is. It never works. The cracks are already showing and he hasn't aired his first show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back