3DS details

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Nintendo have revealed the Nintendo 3DS pricing and release date during their Tokyo press conference today.

The 3DS will be released in Japan February 26, 2011 and will retail for ¥25,000 (USD$300). There will be two colours available at launch so consumers can either choose the Aqua Blue or the Cosmos Black version of the console.

Nintendo have yet to reveal when we will be seeing the 3DS in the West but the company have tentatively laid down a March 2011 release date for North America and Europe.

here are some additional snippets of information regarding Nintendo’s eagerly awaited hand-held.

* Comes with a 2 GB SD card.
* Comes with charging cradle.
* 3DS Virtual Console for Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and maybe Game Boy Advance titles.
* 3DS online service will sell Game Boy, Game Boy Color, Game Boy Advance, Classic Games in 3D, DSiWare, and 3DS (ware?) titles.
* Always on passive Tag Mode that can do data exchange, even for games not being played.
* Japanese launch colors are Aqua Blue and Cosmos Black.
* Home button brings up an ingame menu enabling users to browse the web, turn Wi-Fi on/off and modify other settings without exiting.
* “Mii Studio” Application: Take a picture of yourself and have it auto converted into a Mii.
* “AR Games” Application: Built in augmented reality games (comes with six paper cards for these).
* “Nintendo 3DS Cameras” Application: The 3DS can automatically merge two photos into a single image. I’m assuming this is also for taking pictures.
* “Nintendo 3DS Sound” Application: Unsure, guessing something like Mario Paint.
* “Chance Encounter Mii Plaza” Application: I’m assuming this is a place for Miis to hang out that you’ve picked up from tag mode and/or QR codes.
* “Book” Application: Maybe an ebook reader?
* 3DSWare games can be moved from one 3DS to another, and some DSiWare games can be moved to the 3DS as well.
* Is compatible with Wifine if you live in Japan.

Nintendo, in amongst all the 3DS news, has officially announced the new controller – a Remote with MotionPlus built-in – is on the way.

Although no individual pricing or release date information has yet been released, the conference did at least confirm the Wii Remote Plus (called "Wii Remocon Plus" in Japan) will be available in one of four colours: white, black, blue and pink.

wiiremoteplus_610x440.jpg

So it's going to cost more than their console?

That's, more money then I have now.

The Wii's 25,000 Yen in Japan(well on launch)

Was that the debut price or has that price been brought down? I'm talking about the Japanese Wii here.

Did no one notice the GB/GBC/GBA virtual console?

YES FOR THE GB/GBC/GBA VC! Also, the AR games look interesting. Can't wait till it comes to the US. Just hope its cheaper.

I can just get GB/GBC/GBA games on my Wii. But oh well, the 3DS still looks awesome. I'll be getting one.

Yes Doc we get the fact you illegally download games on your wii, no need to tell us every fricking thread.

I'm loving the push they're having on 3rd party software too.

My Bday is a month after the Jap launch, which is likely to be around the European launch.

But I think I will try and save up for one for Xmas......that will be tough.

Did no one notice the GB/GBC/GBA virtual console?

I can just get GB/GBC/GBA games on my Wii. But oh well, the 3DS still looks awesome. I'll be getting one.

Doc, I hate to say this, but I am disappointed. I expected this:

Doc said:
OMG OMG OMG OMG JIZZ!!!!!! Megaman Battle Network in 3 fucking D!!!!! OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!

I, for one, would love to see them release old Game Boy games on the 3DS VC in 3D, but also improve color/graphics some.

Wait, if the GB/GBA/GBC games are in 3D then I'll gladly shell out some money for the Battle Network games, and Ninja Five-O if they have it. Maybe Wario Land 3 too.

Augmented Reality is what I'm really excited about. I remember first reading about them in PC Magazine and thinking they sounded awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back