2nd City Saints vs SavageTenta

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone
CH David and Thriller vs SavageTenta

TOPIC- WHICH CHAMPIONSHIP BELT WOULD THE WWE BE BEST SERVED BY BRINGING BACK? LIGHT-HEAVYWEIGHT OR HARDCORE?

CH David and Thriller may select which topic they will debate. SavageTenta may then decide which team with post first and which team will get "last licks." The debate begins whenever the participants are ready, with the opening post due by Monday, December 28th. Each team will make 4 posts, with each member of the team required to make 2 of the posts. The team's 4th post must be a structured closing argument. Same judging criteria will apply. THIS THREAD MAY ONLY BE POSTED IN BY THE DEBATORS!!!

Splendid. I'd like to first wish Chihawks and Thriller luck. I've had the pleasure of debating David before, and know he will be difficult, as will Thriller. I pull no punches, nor does Savagetaker. And with that in mind, I think we'll take the first post. And if SavageTaker wouldn't mind, I'll take that first post right now.

Why The Hardcore Title Is the Better Fit For The WWE?

The Hardcore Title is a far more versatile title, where as the Lightheavyweight/Cruiserweight Title is limited

Anybody can win the Hardcore Title. And in this day and age, we use Titles to get wrestlers over. And numerous men (and women, admittedly) have won the title. The Hardcore Title knows no limits, and is all inclusive. Anyone, at any time, can win the Hardcore Championship. The Lightheavyweight Title, however, has one restriction, the likes of which completely limit the amount of wrestlers that can be pushed to the title. That limit, typically, is the number 220. You see, to qualify for the Lightheavyweight Championship, a wrestler must fall under the weight of two hundred twenty pounds, typically. In doing my research, I've found that, at the moment, eleven wrestlers could potentially qualify for the WWE's Lightheavyweight Title, should it be reinstated. Those nine would be:

Rey Mysterio
Carlito
Primo
John Morrison
Slam Master J
Chavo
Evan Bourne
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
Kofi Kingston

Doesn't look half bad, right? Now then, I'm going to make the assumption that I think everyone watching this debate is going to make, and suggest the title is typically going to be used as a lower-mid card title, used for wrestlers who currently aren't working a program. So, let's do what's only fair, and take away the wrestlers that typically find themselves in storylines and angles on a weekly basis. That would be Mysterio, CM Punk, Kofi, and John Morrison. Now take a look at that division again. Evan Bourne is probably your best name, but you only have six wrestlers to make up this division. To make this division worthwhile, you'd have to make the Lightheavyweight Championship a multi-branded championship.

Now then, in comparison, The Hardcore Title can be won by any man. There are no limits to the Hardcore Championship, and any low to mid carder who currently doesn't find himself in an angle is capable of winning the Hardcore Championship. Not only can you add those aforementioned Cruiserweights, you add practically any other remaining members of the roster. Names who usually don't have much going on in terms of angles, such as Finlay, Kane, Charlie Haas, DH Smith, Luke Gallows, Eric Escobar, Matt Hardy, Mike Knox, and The Great Khali can now be put onto television, and have purpose to their time. They get exposure, and more of your wrestlers are put to good use. Alas, those names I just listed are only the members you can have on Smackdown, should you put the belt on Smackdown. Whether or not the opposition would admit it, the Hardcore Championship is far more inclusive, and thus, can help more wrestlers actually get over. And before you begin my opposition gives the obvious argument that any character pretty much gets a run with the Hardcore Title, allow myself to bring up my next point.

2. The Hardcore Title is actually more memorable than the Lightheavyweight Title

Quickly... I want for you to name me one memorable moment of the Lightheavyweight Division. Just one. It can be anything your little heart desires.

You done trying? The sad fact, there is no memory of the Lightheavyweight Division. While The Hardcore Championship has been defended on four Wrestlemanias, and quasi-defended at Wrestlemania 22 between Edge and Mick Foley, The Lightheavyweight Championship has made an appearance twice to the big show. And speaking of The Big Show, he's one of many former heavyweight champions to hold the title. The list includes names such as Mick Foley, The Undertaker, Rob Van Damn, Jeff Hardy, Kane, Booker T, Bradshaw. The Lightheavyweight Title? Jeff Hardy and RVD.

As for the actual Hardcore Matches, you have a spectacular Ladder Match between RVD and Jeff Hardy. A match that came before the mediocre Lightheavyweight Title match between X-Pac and Tajiri. Then, you have matches like the Hardcore Battle Royal of Wrestlemania 2000, and The Triple Threat between Kane, Raven, and The Big Show at X7. Then you have Shane and Steve Blackmen at Summerslam 2000, with that tremendous bump by Steve and Shane. Say what you will about the 24/7 rule (And we'll touch on that later), but it produced more memorable moments than anything the Lightheavyweight Title has. Which brings us to this little point.

3. The Hardcore Title is far better pushed.

This isn't even a question. The closest the Lightheavyweight Title had to a storyline was Gillberg. It took Gillberg to give the belt a story to run with. The 24/7 rule is still a rule that can be applied to WWE programming. Imagine the humor in Santino running for his life, trying to defend his newly won Hardcore Title. Or a desperate character that really wants a title, and chases down his opponent through the strangest matters. I still have in my head the image of Crash Holly running through a Chuck E. Cheese to escape the Headbangers. Or through an airline terminal to escape his opponents. Or trying to hire the APA, only to get stabbed in the back by them. Simply put, the Hardcore Title always seems to have a following to it, and angles which set up into television, which leads to PPV. And at this point, Vince has proven he values a good story. While you can get that with the Hardcore Title, Vince has proven over time that he has little intention of actually putting the LHW Title on television, or into stories. He just wants it there to have it.

And for that matter, Vince also has to consider his audience; children. And kids, more than anything, love slapstick comedy. Consider all your cartoon favorites. Bugs Bunny, Tom & Jerry, even Spongebob. All of these shows are filled with Slapstick comedy, which the kids gobble up. Since Vince has made it apparent that his shows are meant to be taken as entertainment, the feeling of disbelief leads to one knowing that while the wrestlers are getting hurt, it's pretty much like the same cartoons kids watch on television. As long as parents are responsible, and let their children know that these wrestlers are going to be ok, I don't see the harm in slapstick comedy. Kids seem to really love it. And the Hardcore Division is practically filled with it. It embodies the whole division, and can stand as pretty good humor for the fans. Instead of poor script reading by wrestlers, we have wrestlers getting hit by cookie sheets when they least expect it. Then, we have the traditional chase scenes of typical cartoons. While LHW matches are great, they aren't geared to the audience that typically draws in children. kids love to see slapstick comedy. And they'll love seeing wrestlers play it out, if done correctly. Now LHWs? Vince has made it apparent that he won't let LHWs wrestler their kind of match. And as long as that's the case, they will always be limited. We'll never get the full effect. And audiences are forced into a watered down version of what they see. And speaking of watered down:

4. TNA already has the market cornered

The X Division already has taken up most of the best LHWs in Professional Wrestling. While Amazing Red and the MCMG can work their craft in TNA, Primo and Carlito are stuck working stagnant matches. When a fan wants Lightheavyweights, they turn to TNA. It's pretty much instinctual at this point. The WWE simply can't match TNA's efforts into the Lightheavyweight Division. And instead of trying to beat TNA in a market they cornered, the WWE should offer something TNA can not. And The Hardcore Division is something TNA does not have, and the WWE could market itself. It's basic business; if you can't beat your rival in one area, you focus on another you can beat them in. That's what the WWE should focus on. They should focus on bringing back the Hardcore Championship. Doing otherwise would be poor business, irrational, and would merely drive more audiences to TNA, where they can see real lightheavyweights

I would also like to begin by wishing our opponents luck. I'm looking forward to this debate and the ones to come.

The Light Heavyweight Championship

History (Wikipedia used for research)

From 1981 to 1995, the WWF had a business partnership with the Universal Wrestling Association (UWA), a Mexican based promotion, which resulted in the creation of the Light Heavyweight Championship for the UWA. When the UWA ceased operations in 1995, the WWF lent the title to the Japanese New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) promotion; however, the WWF ended their partnership with NJPW in 1997. While in these foreign promotions, the belt was held by the likes of Gran Hamada, Pegasus Kid (Chris Benoit), The Great Sasuke, Último Dragón, Jushin Liger, and Perro Aguayo.

After the ending of the partnership with NJPW, the Light Heavyweight Belt returned to the United States and a tournament was created to find the first man to hold the title in WWF. The tournament was won by Taka Michinoku, and he went on to hold the title for 10 months, until he faced a young kid with long blonde hair making his WWF in-ring debut.

[YOUTUBE]iPZk9ykz2q4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]v_f_hSEVohA[/YOUTUBE]

The belt went on to be held by men such as Jerry Lynn, Tajiri, X-Pac, Dean Malenko, and Jeff Hardy before being unified into the Cruiserweight Championship in 2001.

Now that some history of the belt has been shared, I will counter some of the points you made in your opening argument.

The Hardcore Title is a far more versatile title, where as the Lightheavyweight/Cruiserweight Title is limited

It is impossible to argue the fact that the Hardcore Title is more versatile, but that it is not necessarily a negative thing. Here is the list you provided of guys who would qualify to win the LH Title:

Rey Mysterio
Carlito
Primo
John Morrison
Slam Master J
Chavo
Evan Bourne
CM Punk
Tyson Kidd
Kofi Kingston

To that list I would add:

Yoshi Tatsu
Cody Rhodes (who is listed at 223 and could easily drop down)
Ted DiBiase Jr.
Dolph Ziggler
Jimmy Wang Yang
JTG (couldn't find his weight but he's probably around 220)
The Hurricane/Gregory Helms
Zack Ryder
And the yet to debut Bryan Danielson and Kaval (Low-Ki or Senshi)

That's a pretty good sized division, if you ask me. There are a good number of these guys that are doing nothing but wrestling storyline-less matches and/or jobbing and appearing rarely on TV. A light-heavyweight division would give guys like Bourne, Yang, Slam Master J, Ziggler, Chavo, and the Colóns a purpose, something they are in dire need of at this point. They could put on great matches and remind the fans that you don't need to be 6'4 and 290 lbs. of muscle to be a great wrestler. So while every guy in the WWE could potentially win the hardcore title, guys that desperately need something to do in the WWE would be in contention for the light-heavyweight title.

2. The Hardcore Title is actually more memorable than the Lightheavyweight Title

The only reason it would be more memorable is because it was a joke. Where the light-heavyweight (and later cruiserweight) division put on great matches to elevate the belt until the end, the hardcore division was having "matches" in hotel rooms and laundromats. If you include the Cruiserweight Title, then the Light-Heavyweight is remembered. However, the only reason the Hardcore Title is remembered is the same reason Mae Young's baby and and Katie Vick are remembered: stupid comedy segments that took away from the actual wrestling.

3. The Hardcore Title is far better pushed.

Once again, it was better pushed because it was a comedy prop. The Light-Heavyweight division was billed as an alternative to the heavyweight wrestling the has been the focus of the American wrestling product forever. That was the storyline of the division. The belt had a couple feuds, but the focus was the fact that it was an alternative. The Hardcore Title didn't have storylines either, if that's what you want to argue. All there was were random guys hitting each other with random stuff in the location they happened to be in that week. No stories, no wrestling, just dumb comedy.

And for that matter, Vince also has to consider his audience; children.

This argument was extremely interesting coming from the pro-Hardcore title side. Since the show is PG now and focused on kids, it would be a terrible idea to bring back the Hardcore title. Not only would it be more weapon based violence being shown to the kids, but it would be in everyday locations they could be in. All it takes is one impressionable kid seeing a Hardcore title "match" located inside a Chuck E. Cheese for something bad to happen and the WWE to get more bad press and possibly a lawsuit.

4. TNA already has the market cornered

This is another reason for the WWE to bring back a light-heavyweight division. TNA is presenting itself as a legitimate competitor to the WWE, based on the fact that it is an alternative that presents light-heavyweight/cruiserweight wrestling. If WWE is able to have a successful light-heavyweight division of its own, TNA will lose that distinction and possibly the fans that like WWE and only watch TNA for the smaller guys.

I would also like to begin by wishing our opponents luck. I'm looking forward to this debate and the ones to come.

And while that's all well and great, I look forward to this, as well. Savage will be back to take your eventual rebuttal, so I'm just going to go ahead and make my next post, if that's quite allright. Let's see what you have, Thriller.

The Light Heavyweight Championship

History (Wikipedia used for research)

From 1981 to 1995, the WWF had a business partnership with the Universal Wrestling Association (UWA), a Mexican based promotion, which resulted in the creation of the Light Heavyweight Championship for the UWA. When the UWA ceased operations in 1995, the WWF lent the title to the Japanese New Japan Pro Wrestling (NJPW) promotion; however, the WWF ended their partnership with NJPW in 1997. While in these foreign promotions, the belt was held by the likes of Gran Hamada, Pegasus Kid (Chris Benoit), The Great Sasuke, Último Dragón, Jushin Liger, and Perro Aguayo.

That'd be fantastic evidence of history for you, Thriller. That is, if the WWE actually recognized these title reigns in their history. As you neglect to mention, Thriller, that the WWE does recognize the efforts of these men, and these reigns are not accepted as official WWE reigns. The WWE has done everything possible to make the fans forget this agreement ever occurred. Which actually kinda fits, seeing as how the WWE had never, ever expressed on camera that there was a relationship between the WWE and New Japan Pro Wrestling. While WCW often shipped in legends like Jushin Liger and Muta, the WWE did no such thing, and never recognized the legitimacy of a relationship. The closest they came was Hakushi and Taka. That's it, that's the list. Other than that, the WWE doesn't acknowledge the history on their site, nor did they when the Title was active in the WWE. So all of the history you speak of has to come from 1997-2001, when the belt was unified with the Cruiserweight Title. That belt, by the way, was the only title from WCW to survive the Invasion. And the only reason it survived was because the LHW title was so weak to begin with. Which brings us to your slanted form of history we see from 1997-2001

After the ending of the partnership with NJPW, the Light Heavyweight Belt returned to the United States and a tournament was created to find the first man to hold the title in WWF. The tournament was won by Taka Michinoku, and he went on to hold the title for 10 months, until he faced a young kid with long blonde hair making his WWF in-ring debut.

[YOUTUBE]iPZk9ykz2q4[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]v_f_hSEVohA[/YOUTUBE]

The belt went on to be held by men such as Jerry Lynn, Tajiri, X-Pac, Dean Malenko, and Jeff Hardy before being unified into the Cruiserweight Championship in 2001.

Mein Gott.... Thriller, you forgot the most decorated LHW Champion in the history of the WWE! The only one given an actual story, and a gimmick to boot. The only one that creative placed any effort into. And, mind you, the longest reigning LHW Champion in history. Who's that, you ask?

Yes, Gillberg is still, to this day, the longest reigning LHW Champion in the history of the WWE. And he rarely, if ever, actually defended the belt. He beat that young blonde you speak of, and went on to win only one match for the rest of his run as Gillberg. That being, a match against Goldust. When Goldust qualifies for the LHW Title, let me know.

The belt was put on a parody. A fucking parody, Thriller. It was meant to make fun of Gillberg, and the LHW Title, though clearly still active, was never defended. It is easily the worst title reign in the history of the sport. Yes, this clearly loses out to one of the Godfather's Hos, because it was long, tedious, and the belt was never defended. This man is the poster child for your LHW division. He held the belt the longest, and when people think LHW Champions, this is what comes to mind.

Credibility, meet Shotgun.

Now that some history of the belt has been shared, I will counter some of the points you made in your opening argument.

And now that I've torn into said "history", let's see how you retain any sense of making an argument.

It is impossible to argue the fact that the Hardcore Title is more versatile, but that it is not necessarily a negative thing. Here is the list you provided of guys who would qualify to win the LH Title:

Ok, I'm going to stop you right here, because you add plenty more names. But the crux of your LHW Title argument is really based on these wrestlers using a different style from the ones of the typical "6'4", 290 LB wrestler". But how many of these wrestlers you mention actually work a lightheavyweight style? Let's take a gander, shall we?

To that list I would add:

Go on.

Yoshi Tatsu

This one I'll give you. He hasn't worked much on the ropes yet, but I assume he probably could.

Cody Rhodes (who is listed at 223 and could easily drop down)

If that's a Cruiserweight Wrestler, who works a Cruiserweight Style, I guess you're going to try and sell me on someone like Bubba Ray Dudley being a LHW. Cody works a bland style that's pretty much the same as any wrestler you see in the WWE. The only difference is those thirty pounds.

Ted DiBiase Jr.

Same issue as Cody.

Dolph Ziggler

Now this one I'll give to you, though I don't particularly categorize him as wrestling a LHW style. Still, I'll give it, but you're facing a huge problem in a minute here, Thriller. We'll get to that after you're done listing names

Jimmy Wang Yang

As much as I could laugh right now, technically you're right. Still, there's no way I can consider him a credible challenger for any belt. I'm actually more shocked he's still on the roster.

JTG (couldn't find his weight but he's probably around 220)

Again, a style issue. Besides, he's pretty big for hus size. I'd say he's probably 235, at the least.

The Hurricane/Gregory Helms

Ok but there's a still a huge problem....

Zack Ryder

Still a huge problem....

And the yet to debut Bryan Danielson and Kaval (Low-Ki or Senshi)

Yeah, this one I'll give you, too. He's coming to Smackdown soon. Maybe if you put that belt on Smackdown. But you've still got a Hell of a problem right now, Thriller.

That's a pretty good sized division, if you ask me. There are a good number of these guys that are doing nothing but wrestling storyline-less matches and/or jobbing and appearing rarely on TV.

And here's your issue, Thriller; What brand are you proposing to house all of these guys on? Your problem is, you've taken characters from all three brands. Did you notice how I only used one brand for my example, Thriller? Because that Brand Extension is the way the WWE is doing business right now. At this point, no singles champion can go to all three brands, because they are contractually obligated to their brand. You can't just have one champion bouncing from program to program as he sees fit. It taints the value of the brand split. The only reason the Tag Team Champs can get away with it is because the belts were once split up, and were on different shows. Having the LHW Champion on all three shows just doesn't make sense. If you're going to build a division, you have to form a roster from one brand. No one on Raw can challenge for the IC Belt. Vice versa for the US Belt. That's just the way the WWE works. And your theory does not fit into the WWE's vision. Period.

A light-heavyweight division would give guys like Bourne, Yang, Slam Master J, Ziggler, Chavo, and the Colóns a purpose, something they are in dire need of at this point

So you're using the exact same point I made for wrestlers contending for the Hardcore Title, but weakening it by ignoring the brand split?

They could put on great matches and remind the fans that you don't need to be 6'4 and 290 lbs. of muscle to be a great wrestler. So while every guy in the WWE could potentially win the hardcore title, guys that desperately need something to do in the WWE would be in contention for the light-heavyweight title.

Again, that doesn't solve the issue of the belt being too exclusive, and not able to get more faces on TV. All it did was highlight it. The Hardcore Title can have plenty of faces on TV, and give them the exact same chance of the LHW Title. The difference is, it can give more wrestlers a chance.

The only reason it would be more memorable is because it was a joke.

I'm sorry, what was Gillberg again? If any division was the joke, it was the LHW Division. While the Hardcore Belt regularly made PPVS, The LHW was regularly the dark match, or Sunday Night Heat. While Jerry Lynn won the belt on a Dark Match in April 2001, Raven won the belt from Kane in the middle of the card that same program of Backlash. Vince obviously cared more about the Hardcore Belt, and made it more of a focal point. Meanwhile, he made Jerry Lynn's debut, and subsequent title win, into meaningless television.

Where the light-heavyweight (and later cruiserweight) division put on great matches to elevate the belt until the end, the hardcore division was having "matches" in hotel rooms and laundromats.

Well, your issue Thriller is the WWE's ban on certain high flying moves. The 450 is banned, and the SSP was banned until Evan Bourne could prove he could do it without killing someone. Vince doesn't allow the LHWs to wrestle that kind of style. And as long as that's the case, it doesn't fit the WWE. What would you rather have; watered down LHWs which are better shown on the competition, or entertaining segments which, by the way, are meant to be jokes.

If you include the Cruiserweight Title, then the Light-Heavyweight is remembered. However, the only reason the Hardcore Title is remembered is the same reason Mae Young's baby and and Katie Vick are remembered: stupid comedy segments that took away from the actual wrestling.

Utter Bullshit. To compare the Hardcore Belt to Katie Vick is clearly exaggeration on your part, and you know it. You know the difference between the two, Thriller? One was entertaining, and made the fans care. Something I really can't say for the LHW Title.

Once again, it was better pushed because it was a comedy prop. The Light-Heavyweight division was billed as an alternative to the heavyweight wrestling the has been the focus of the American wrestling product forever.

There's that little problem I pointed to you when you were listing wrestlers, Thriller. You see, you could pretend the LHWS will work a different style, but you're only lying to say such a thing. All of the guys you mention pretty much work the same as heavyweights. So how exactly are you going to fool the fans that it's different? By pointing to how skinny they are? Please.

That was the storyline of the division. The belt had a couple feuds, but the focus was the fact that it was an alternative. The Hardcore Title didn't have storylines either, if that's what you want to argue. All there was were random guys hitting each other with random stuff in the location they happened to be in that week. No stories, no wrestling, just dumb comedy.

Well, there's at least something there that can't be said for the LHW Title.... Effort, Thriller, effort. Vince put effort into the Hardcore Championship. He put absolutely nothing into the LHW Title. The story was a running gag, but it was at least a story. There was at least some type of angle to it. Something that can't be said for the LHW Title.

This argument was extremely interesting coming from the pro-Hardcore title side. Since the show is PG now and focused on kids, it would be a terrible idea to bring back the Hardcore title. Not only would it be more weapon based violence being shown to the kids, but it would be in everyday locations they could be in. All it takes is one impressionable kid seeing a Hardcore title "match" located inside a Chuck E. Cheese for something bad to happen and the WWE to get more bad press and possibly a lawsuit.

And here, ladies and gentleman, is where Thriller proves to the audience that he really doesn't read the argument of his opposition, at all. Where did I ever bring up the Hardcore Belt as realistic violence? Did I, or did I call it slapstick? It's comedy, Thriller. All of the "violence" is pretty much like the cartoons those same parents let their kids watch. You mean to tell me the WWE Hardcore Division is any worse than Bugs fucking Bunny? Again, it falls upon the responsibility of the parent to let their child know that the action is like the cartoons they watch at home.

Oh, and Thriller.... What if that same kid tries an Asai Moonsault on his friend? Can we blame the LHW style for the damages?

This is another reason for the WWE to bring back a light-heavyweight division. TNA is presenting itself as a legitimate competitor to the WWE, based on the fact that it is an alternative that presents light-heavyweight/cruiserweight wrestling. If WWE is able to have a successful light-heavyweight division of its own, TNA will lose that distinction and possibly the fans that like WWE and only watch TNA for the smaller guys.

And here, Thriller, you prove you've learned nothing of the last twelve months of TNA programming. Again, it's basic business; you don't try and beat a monopoly with the same brand they churn out. You give them something different, and you let them sample your new product. TNA has the X Division, and the WWE can't offer better than the X Division. So why not go for something different, as you're not going to rope in the fans of the superior division to watch your inferior product? It makes much more sense than what you're offering Thriller. You're offering that the WWE accepts TNA as a legitimate threat, which it has never done. Instead, offer something TNA can't, and corner that market.

That market is the Hardcore Championship.

I'd first like to apologize for my tardiness to the party today. Christmas, who would've thunk I would be with my family. Wishing ST luck in his two posts now. Why only ST you may ask? Well let us go back to the start.

Each team will make 4 posts, with each member of the team required to make 2 of the posts.

So Tenta used both of his posts, and is therefore done, unless I misread this part of the rules. But SavageTaker is a great debator, so I don't expect any drop off.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our opponent would like to discredit the title, as the WWE doesn't acknoweldge other promotions that used it in a partnership

Now my good friend, Tenta, we both know about you. You don't care about independent promotions, or you find no credibility when it comes to them. Which brings me to my point. When it comes to Mexico and New Japan Pro Wrestling, they are huge promotions in their respective countries. But they don't matter because the WWE doesn't acknowledge them? Asinine statement if I have heard one. In both Mexico and Japan, it is a sport, not entertainment, and is taken very seriously. Shame on you for trying to sweep that under the rug.

Now, Thriller has stated some of the names that won them in other promotions, such as Perro Aguayo, who was said to be a combination of Terry Funk and Bruno Sammartino by Americans. Chris Benoit, oh but he was in another promotion and under a different name, and even now you may want to discredit him due to how his life ended. How silly of me. Now if you were to tell me that Jushin Liger and The Great Sasuke holding the belt means nothing then I call your argument right now a steaming pile of bullshit.

Just because the WWE doesn't recognize it, doesn't mean it isn't a worthwhile title or company.

Our opponent talks about Gillberg as Light Heavyweight Champion

So Gillberg was the longest reigning champ in the WWE. Can't deny it, won't try it. But you say he is who people think of when it comes to the LHW. I don't. I think of Jeff Hardy, X-Pac, Taka, and Dean Malenko. You want to find holes in the title all you can. I'll do so in a bit.

Our opponent appears to be misinterpreting the styles used for the Light Heavyweight division (including Cruiserweights)

So Tenta is making the assumption that you have to wrestle a high flying style to be a Light Heavyweight Champion. Did Dean Malenko wrestle that? I do believe he didn't. He was still a ground, technical style, and he was both Light Heavyweight and Cruiserweight Champion. Weird right? You don't have to be a high flying wrestler to be a Cruiserweight or Light Heavyweight Champion. Just work a faster style. Dean Malenko, and even Christian and X-Pac proved that, as neither were really high flyers.

Ted is currently 235, if he could lose the weight, maybe. But he just doesn't look like he could speed his pace up too much. But Yoshi works a fast style, same with Jimmy Wang Yang, JTG (If he were under 220), and the rest of the names listed. Fast paced equals Light Heavyweight/Cruiserweight style. Not just high flying, as I already stated.

Our opponent now contradicts himself

Tenta says that in his example, he uses one brand. It seems weird to me, as he lists wrestlers from all different brands for the LHW. Contradictory much? Now I can always guess that he means the Hardcore Title on Smackdown, which I doubt, but you never know.

But he also made an interesting point, make it a tri-branded title. It could be featured on each show, giving exposure, and gives those without a program now, a way to be on television and expose the belt and wrestlers. Or hell, here is an idea (which we have all said once before) turn ECW into a faster paced show. That is neither here nor there though. Or say screw it, give them a different show. But I like his idea, make it a tri-branded belt, and make people compete each week. It works.

Tenta says the Hardcore Title gives more chances to people.

It gives anyone a chance to sneak up and win. Hell yeah. Mighty Molly did that when she hit the Hurricane with a frying pan and pinned him. Hell, since we had superheroes win the belt why don't we bring it back, and have a leprechaun win the belt? That would be great wouldn't it? Or how about having some shmuck in the stands sneak back and win? You did say anyone. More people doesn't mean better or more entertaining does it?

Tenta rambles about PPVs and both Titles

It was entertainment. People loved seeing someone get the shit kicked out of them with weapons. I did, still do on the occasion. Besides, you talk about Vince with Pay Per Views. At Wrestlemania 25, Vince put the Tag Team Unification match as the dark match, for fucking Kid Rock. That match was argued as one of the best at the event. It appears you are putting too much stock in Vince's judgement when it comes to PPV matches.

Tenta says moves such as the 450 and SSP are necessities in the LHW division

Shit. So Light Heavyweights can't have a title because Vince doesn't approve of the 450 Splash? I already said above, you don't have to be a high flyer to win the belt. Dean Malenko was an example. Fast paced action goes hand in hand with high flying, but it isn't necessary. Besides, look at wrestlers like Chris Jericho and Rey Mysterio, they have great fast paced matches, and they don't have to do 450s or the SSP. But we need flips and shit to be Cruiserweights right?

Tenta thinks fans need to be fooled into differentiating the Heavyweight and Light Heavyweight

Do they do that in boxing or MMA? I didn't realize people had to wrestle different styles to get a belt like that. Maybe work a little faster, but you don't have to be completely different. Fans aren't complete morons. You don't have to trick them into anything. Just go about your business with smaller champions that have their own belt. I mean did you really think Rey Mysterio could last with the true heavyweights when he won the World Title?

More Tenta saying Vince cared about the Hardcore Title and not the LHW

So if the Hardcore Title was a running gag, how is it any better than the LHW? You know better than that Tenta. Also, there were no angles to it. It was, I want a belt, "Hey ref, follow me.", attacks champion, ref counts, guy runs. Wow, that takes a lot of effort.

Tenta talks about cartoons and Hardcore violence

I honestly don't care about the slapstick violence. Hell Triple H broke into a house to attack someone. Didn't do anything for me. Our point when it comes to the PG Era, and the Hardcore Title is this. The WWE has been cleaning up blood on PPVs like it is H1N1. If you put a hardcore match on any card, you expect blood. It is fucking Hardcore. If you make a hardcore match without weapons, or without frequent use of weapons, it is just a no DQ match.

Now Tenta talks about TNA and the X Division

The X Division is great. I won't deny it, and it would be stupid to try. They do some crazy shit. But if Vince truly wanted to, full head of steam, he could make any division the best we have seen in a while, especially right now.

Before beginning, I’d like to apologize for my tardiness. I’ve been sick and haven’t been able to be on the computer much. Anyways, I guess it’s my turn to make a post. Good luck to our opponents, you’ll need it.

My first reason why bringing the Hardcore belt back rather than the Light heavyweight is because Vince won't allow light heavyweights to have full movesets.

In this day and age, wrestlers are more safe in the ring than they were in past decades. This is done to lower the chances of injury and we can thank Vince for that. He wants his wrestlers to be safe in the ring at all times. So as a result, he has decided to ban several moves…so that wrestlers won’t use them. Some of those moves happen to be moves that are regularly used by “light heavyweights.” That leads me to my next reason.

What’s the point of having a division of light heavyweights if the wrestlers aren’t going to be using moves used by light heavyweights?

In a division for the Hardcore champion, wrestlers are taught how to protect themselves from several weapons which would be used. In a light heavyweight division, there are not only several moves that the wrestlers aren’t allowed to do but there are several that they aren’t trained to do. Wrestlers don’t get taught how to do a ton of high-flying moves as part of their training. So they won’t be wrestling a style they should use if they’re in the light heavyweight division.

My next reason is that there are different levels of hardcore.

Yes, you read that right. Most people don’t know or even think that there are different levels of hardcore. There is the ultra-violent which is used by companies such as CZW and there are lower levels. But the reason I mention that is because WWE doesn’t have to do what they do to have a credible hardcore division. They can have a watered down hardcore styles when compared to other companies that specialize in hardcore wrestling. They can have a watered down version of hardcore that is still within the PG rating.

My last and final reason for now is that Vince couldn’t care less about Light heavyweight wrestlers.

This does have to do with one of the reasons that my tag partner, Tenta, mentioned but I would like to elaborate a little on it. Vince has been known to not care about light heavyweights because of their size. Call it discrimination if you want, but that’s the way it is. He thinks that they don’t make him money. He wants his wrestlers, for the most part, to be a certain size and weight with a good build.

He wants them to have a specific look that he thinks will make fans want to watch the show. Unfortunately, for the light heavyweights, they don’t fit the description of how he wants his wrestlers. As a result, they wouldn’t get pushed as well as a wrestler in the hardcore division because light heavyweights aren’t considered big draws that bring in a lot of money. On the other hand, like Tenta mentioned in his post, anyone can be a wrestler in the hardcore division because there isn’t a limit on weight or anything else.

Another example of how Vince cares less about a light heavyweight title than a hardcore title is that there was a match for it at the biggest show the WWE has to offer, Wrestlemania. Vince cared about the hardcore title so he decided to set up a match for it at Wrestlemania. Yes, it was a battle royal, but how many matches for the light heavyweight title were held at the Superbowl of wrestling? Go on…I’m waiting for an answer. Oh that’s right, none. I think my point has been made clearly.

In summation, bring back the hardcore title would be better served than bring back the light heavyweight champion because of the several reason Tenta and I have given.

I'm back for my last post. Didn't get it done as quickly as I would've liked (moving sucks) but away we go.

My first reason why bringing the Hardcore belt back rather than the Light heavyweight is because Vince won't allow light heavyweights to have full movesets.

In this day and age, wrestlers are more safe in the ring than they were in past decades. This is done to lower the chances of injury and we can thank Vince for that. He wants his wrestlers to be safe in the ring at all times. So as a result, he has decided to ban several moves…so that wrestlers won’t use them. Some of those moves happen to be moves that are regularly used by “light heavyweights.” That leads me to my next reason.

This is the same argument that Tenta tried to make, and it still doesn't hold up for two reasons.

The first is that there isn't one specific style that a wrestler is required to wrestling if they are a light-heavyweight. Granted, the first style that most people with think of is the smaller, lucha style. But there is also the very technical style performed by guys such as Dean Malenko and Bryan Danielson. When Chris Jericho wrestled in the WCW Cruiserweight Division, he wrestled a technical style with little more than hurricanranas and the Lionsault in his "high-flying" arsenal.

While the typecasting of these wrestlers that our opponents keep doing is ignorant of the great wrestling ability many of them have, it is inevitable that the fans will want high-flying moves from a light-heavyweight division. Our opponents keep mentioning the bans on certain moves, either allegedly or proven, in the WWE and that it will greatly hinder the division. I believe, if anything, this will be helpful to the division. Look at some of the more over "high-risk" manuvers used in the WWE right now. Christian uses a springboard dive, Mysterio uses a seated senton, and Bourne uses the shooting star press. With the exception of the SSP, none of these moves are overly difficult or dangerous to perform, but these moves get a big pop every time. As long as the guys in the light-heavyweight division can perform moves at or slightly above that level, the fans will love them. It doesn't take 450s or Phoenix Splashes to make a good light-heavyweight wrestler.

What’s the point of having a division of light heavyweights if the wrestlers aren’t going to be using moves used by light heavyweights?

In a division for the Hardcore champion, wrestlers are taught how to protect themselves from several weapons which would be used. In a light heavyweight division, there are not only several moves that the wrestlers aren’t allowed to do but there are several that they aren’t trained to do. Wrestlers don’t get taught how to do a ton of high-flying moves as part of their training. So they won’t be wrestling a style they should use if they’re in the light heavyweight division.

Like I said above, it is ignorant to say or think that guys need to be able to perform the extreme high-flying moves to wrestle in a light-heavyweight division. If this is something both of you truly believe to be true, you need to take this issue up with guys like Dean Malenko and Chris Jericho.

My next reason is that there are different levels of hardcore.

Yes, you read that right. Most people don’t know or even think that there are different levels of hardcore. There is the ultra-violent which is used by companies such as CZW and there are lower levels. But the reason I mention that is because WWE doesn’t have to do what they do to have a credible hardcore division. They can have a watered down hardcore styles when compared to other companies that specialize in hardcore wrestling. They can have a watered down version of hardcore that is still within the PG rating.

We saw the watered down kind of hardcore the last time that belt existed. The 24/7 period didn't have much, if any, blood or over-the-top violence. Rather, it was a comedy prop with stupid excuses for hardcore "matches." It would not be ridiculous to claim that the Hardcore Title lost any and all credibility as a championship by the end of the 24/7 period. People complain now about Little People's Court and the D-X merchandise comedy segments. How long would it take before Sid and the other complainers started whining about the Hardcore Title changing hands because Chris Masters hit Chavo with a Whac-A-Mole hammer at Chuck E. Cheese?

One of the biggest potential problems with a return of the Hardcore Championship is the difficulty in establishing a middle ground between the ECW/non-24/7 violence and the comedy violence. In today's WWE, the first kind of violence is borderline impossible and the second would be panned within the first month.

My last and final reason for now is that Vince couldn’t care less about Light heavyweight wrestlers.

This does have to do with one of the reasons that my tag partner, Tenta, mentioned but I would like to elaborate a little on it. Vince has been known to not care about light heavyweights because of their size. Call it discrimination if you want, but that’s the way it is. He thinks that they don’t make him money. He wants his wrestlers, for the most part, to be a certain size and weight with a good build.

He wants them to have a specific look that he thinks will make fans want to watch the show. Unfortunately, for the light heavyweights, they don’t fit the description of how he wants his wrestlers. As a result, they wouldn’t get pushed as well as a wrestler in the hardcore division because light heavyweights aren’t considered big draws that bring in a lot of money. On the other hand, like Tenta mentioned in his post, anyone can be a wrestler in the hardcore division because there isn’t a limit on weight or anything else.

Which is why guys like Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, and Rey Mysterio have been World Champions :rolleyes:. Like you said, Vince is all about making money. All he has to do is look at TNA's X-Division and companies like Ring of Honor that are almost completely made of of men who would qualify as light-heavyweights to see that there is a market for wrestlers that size.

Once again, it would be impossible for me to try and deny that the Hardcore Title has more potential challengers. To counter that, I will bring up a point I mentioned earlier that was never by our opponents. A majority of the jobbers or guys just sitting on a roster without any direction could qualify for a light-heavyweight division and thrive in such an environment. And yes, it is true that everyone could compete for the Hardcore Title, the Light-Heavyweight Championship would be defended as a legitimate, prestigious belt instead of the gimmicky or comedic prop the Hardcore belt would be.

Another example of how Vince cares less about a light heavyweight title than a hardcore title is that there was a match for it at the biggest show the WWE has to offer, Wrestlemania. Vince cared about the hardcore title so he decided to set up a match for it at Wrestlemania. Yes, it was a battle royal, but how many matches for the light heavyweight title were held at the Superbowl of wrestling? Go on…I’m waiting for an answer. Oh that’s right, none. I think my point has been made clearly.

Yes, the Hardcore Title was defended at Wrestlemanias. In fact, let's take a look at one of those Wrestlemanias where the belt was defended, shall we?

Wikipedia said:
There was also a moment at WrestleMania X8 where the title was involved in a strange twist of events. The champion going into the event, Maven defended against Goldust. After they knocked each other out with trash can lids, Spike Dudley entered and pinned Maven to win the title. Then, in the backstage area, The Hurricane defeated Spike to win the title. Mighty Molly then defeated The Hurricane to become champion (and the second female to do so). As she was trying to escape with the title, Christian won the title by slamming a door into Molly's head as she was running to a taxi. Christian was about to leave the building in the taxi, but Maven, who lost the title earlier in the night, rolled Christian up to regain the title. Maven then escaped in the taxi and celebrated as Christian was left all alone in the parking lot, whining and cursing bitterly.

So on the biggest stage of the year, at the biggest pay-per-view of the year, the belt is treated as joke with it being won in "matches" in parking lots and hallways. The prestige of the belt is shown as Mighty Molly becomes the Hardcore Champion. Go back and read that sentence again and tell me that Vince pushed the Hardcore Belt as a credible, prestigious championship. So yes, the Hardcore Championship was defended at WrestleMania. But it was at WrestleMania in the same way Kid Rock was at WrestleMania: a segment to entertain the fans between the matches and wrestlers they paid to see.

Reactions: gd
I'd like to apologize for the delay...again...at least I'm here now. I promise you I would make my post today CH!

The first is that there isn't one specific style that a wrestler is required to wrestling if they are a light-heavyweight. Granted, the first style that most people with think of is the smaller, lucha style. But there is also the very technical style performed by guys such as Dean Malenko and Bryan Danielson. When Chris Jericho wrestled in the WCW Cruiserweight Division, he wrestled a technical style with little more than hurricanranas and the Lionsault in his "high-flying" arsenal.

Here is the thing though, there are a lot of WWE fans that don’t watch just WWE. Some watch TNA and their X-Division, others might watch ROH or the Indies. My point is that there are fans that have seen other styles of wrestling and know that while there isn’t a specific style for each division, they are usually associated with a certain one. For example, high-flying is associated with the Light Heavyweight Division but not the Heavyweight Division. The reason for that is that since the Light Heavyweights are smaller than wrestler in other division they are expected to do different things, such as high flying.

So if the wrestlers aren’t allowed to do more than they can, then fans won’t think of it as a real Light Heavyweight division even if other styles of wrestling, such as the technical style, can be used in it.

While the typecasting of these wrestlers that our opponents keep doing is ignorant of the great wrestling ability many of them have, it is inevitable that the fans will want high-flying moves from a light-heavyweight division. Our opponents keep mentioning the bans on certain moves, either allegedly or proven, in the WWE and that it will greatly hinder the division. I believe, if anything, this will be helpful to the division. Look at some of the more over "high-risk" manuvers used in the WWE right now. Christian uses a springboard dive, Mysterio uses a seated senton, and Bourne uses the shooting star press. With the exception of the SSP, none of these moves are overly difficult or dangerous to perform, but these moves get a big pop every time. As long as the guys in the light-heavyweight division can perform moves at or slightly above that level, the fans will love them. It doesn't take 450s or Phoenix Splashes to make a good light-heavyweight wrestler.

First of all, no one ever said that wrestlers have to do 450s and Phoenix Splashes in order to be good light heavyweight wrestlers. I think you’ve misunderstood what Tenta and me have been saying.

Vince has banned many moves so that his wrestlers can’t use them…don’t believe me? Well then go look at several reports which I gladly provide a link to:

http://www.wrestleview.com/news2005/1125350651.shtml

There are many other reports but I just posted one because they are all basically about the same thing.
Anyways, with him banning moves, it doesn’t help the light heavyweight division at all. If he allowed them to do more if that’s what the wrestlers desired then I wouldn’t argue this with you. But he has threaten his wrestler in the past if they use moves he doesn’t want them using. How are you supposed to have a good light heavyweight division that consists mainly of wrestler that are high flyers yet they aren’t allowed to fly much?

Like I said above, it is ignorant to say or think that guys need to be able to perform the extreme high-flying moves to wrestle in a light-heavyweight division. If this is something both of you truly believe to be true, you need to take this issue up with guys like Dean Malenko and Chris Jericho.

I’ve already responded to this. I never said they needed to perform extreme high flying moves but they do need to be allowed to do more than they are allowed in order to have a good light heavyweight division.

That’s exactly the reason why a Hardcore Division is a better addition. They are allowed to do way more than light heavyweights and there is basically no bans on them. Sure, they won’t be using barbwire very often but unlike the light heavyweight division, they can have watered down hardcore yet fans will still love it.

We saw the watered down kind of hardcore the last time that belt existed. The 24/7 period didn't have much, if any, blood or over-the-top violence.

And yet fans liked division even if there wasn’t any blood or over-the-top violence. The reason for that is because the division could still be good without the unnecessary risks such as using barbwire or being like CZW. With the light heavyweight division, the wrestlers can’t really do much to make the division look like a division of light heavyweights.

Rather, it was a comedy prop with stupid excuses for hardcore "matches." It would not be ridiculous to claim that the Hardcore Title lost any and all credibility as a championship by the end of the 24/7 period.

Even if was a comedy prop, the Hardcore division was clearly cared about more than the light heavyweight division and that’s another reason why the hardcore division would thrive more and be a better addition than the light heavyweight division. If the light heavyweight division was brought back Today, it would be exactly the same as it was before, a division that Vince never cared about.

One of the biggest potential problems with a return of the Hardcore Championship is the difficulty in establishing a middle ground between the ECW/non-24/7 violence and the comedy violence. In today's WWE, the first kind of violence is borderline impossible and the second would be panned within the first month.
Are you delusional?

Fans don’t mind the hardcore we see today so it would definitely not be panned within the first month. The Hardcore we see today still fits within the PG Rating and Vince has absolutely no problem doing Hardcore matches, because fans won’t mind not having hardcore match like you would see in CZW.

Which is why guys like Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, and Rey Mysterio have been World Champions :rolleyes:. Like you said, Vince is all about making money. All he has to do is look at TNA's X-Division and companies like Ring of Honor that are almost completely made of of men who would qualify as light-heavyweights to see that there is a market for wrestlers that size.

You and I and everyone else knows exactly why all of those guys were made champions so don’t even try that argument with me here.

Once again, it would be impossible for me to try and deny that the Hardcore Title has more potential challengers. To counter that, I will bring up a point I mentioned earlier that was never by our opponents. A majority of the jobbers or guys just sitting on a roster without any direction could qualify for a light-heavyweight division and thrive in such an environment. And yes, it is true that everyone could compete for the Hardcore Title, the Light-Heavyweight Championship would be defended as a legitimate, prestigious belt instead of the gimmicky or comedic prop the Hardcore belt would be.

Again I ask you, are you delusional?

What makes you think that Vince is suddenly going to invest time in making the Light Heavyweight champion a prestigious and legitimate belt? He didn’t care for it at first, and he didn’t care about the cruiserweight champion when he revived it. I can guarantee you, the third time is most definitely not a charm. He doesn’t think Light heavyweights draw so he wouldn’t invest time and money into trying to make it an important division. The Hardcore title/division is much easier for him to book and he doesn’t have to invest much in it so he’d probably bring that back.

So on the biggest stage of the year, at the biggest pay-per-view of the year, the belt is treated as joke with it being won in "matches" in parking lots and hallways. The prestige of the belt is shown as Mighty Molly becomes the Hardcore Champion. Go back and read that sentence again and tell me that Vince pushed the Hardcore Belt as a credible, prestigious championship. So yes, the Hardcore Championship was defended at WrestleMania. But it was at WrestleMania in the same way Kid Rock was at WrestleMania: a segment to entertain the fans between the matches and wrestlers they paid to see.

Yet he still felt that Hardcore title way much more deserving of being on the biggest show of the year than the light heavyweight title. I don’t care what happened with the title at the show, it was still featured at Wrestlemania and you can’t deny that. What Wrestlemania was the light heavyweight title defended at? Oh yeah, none of them and that’s because Vince didn’t care enough for it to feature it on Wrestlemania.

Closing Statements​

With this being the last post of our debate, I'll gladly finish this up, so that the judges, or whoever, can get this going, and the winner can be one of the next in line for IC and D-Man.

Banned Moves and Light Heavyweights

Our opponents have kept the theme that the Light Heavyweights will be left with a limited moveset because Vince McMahon has banned two moves from the repertoire of high flyers. Now the article that SavageTaker has so kindly provided for us, talks about how the 450 Splash and the Shooting Star Press have been banned from the WWE. Now we know right now that Evan Bourne does the Shooting Star Press. So it may be said to be banned from other people, but someone who can actually perform it and not kill himself or his opponent will be allowed to use it. John Morrison also has done a standing version, but the announcers just call it a moonsault for whatever reason.

As far as the 450 Splash is concerned, it isn't really necessary. It is more harmful than not, and is not as controllable per se when it comes to execution. There is more risk involved, and I have no problems with it being put on the shelf. If someone can come along and prove that they can do the move without killing any of the parties involved, then Vince will allow it, he did it with Evan Bourne after all.

Those two moves seem to be the only ones that are banned. I for the life of me can't find a set of banned moves that would hinder the Light Heavyweights. If you could have found that ST, it would have definitely provided a boost to your argument. But really, do we need the 450 Splash, or a Phoenix Splash to enjoy fast paced offense? No, we don't. It certainly is cool to see, and could capture an audience, but we don't need it. John Morrison and Rey Mysterio put on a fantastic fast paced match for the Intercontinental Championship back in September (I think it was) and if Morrison is under 220, that would be a perfect example of a Light Heavyweight bout. We don't need cool twisty flips to make a Light Heavyweight match exciting, or to even just make a match. Just use fast paced action and some planned out spots and you have a Light Heavyweight match.

Before I get into my next point, I just want to point something out from ST's post, that made me wonder.

SavageTaker said:
The reason for that is because the division could still be good without the unnecessary risks such as using barbwire or being like CZW. With the light heavyweight division, the wrestlers can’t really do much to make the division look like a division of light heavyweights.

So the Hardcore division can still be good without the unnecessary risks of barbedwire or the crazy violence in CZW, but the Light Heavyweight division can't because the 450 Splash is banned? Hypocracy, ST, you know better than that.

The Hardcore Championship and Its Use

The Hardcore division was full of slapstick comedy segments, and we all know it. Hell, back then I loved it. But there are times when you want something ruthless. Back in the Attitude Era, they had a great chance to make the Hardcore Championship something even better. Back then, they were having some awesome matches. From the time it was introduced in '98, until it was unified with the Intercontinental Championship in '02, there were countless matches that could have been great Hardcore Title matches. There were First Blood matches, RVD and Jeff Hardy did have their ladder match, but they needed a 24/7 rule (I'll touch on this next) suspension for it to be what it was. Table matches, all sorts of stuff could have been great during its run. But the 24/7 rule kind of hindered it after Crash Holly instituted it after winning it his first time.

The 24/7 rule made it a joke. Crash Holly made the rule, and in turn, it made it crap. I forget who it was, but someone got pinned while they were sleeping. What the hell? Yes, because that is definitely some compelling or entertaining stuff right there. I wonder who thought of that while in a meeting. This had to be how it went. "Hey guys, I have a great idea for how the title should be won. We have (insert current champion's name) sleeping on a couch, and we have (insert wrestler's name) come in and quietly pin him". Fantastic. It was funny at the time, but looking back it was so stupid.

With the way the WWE is right now, you have trainers coming out and cleaning up blood during matches, stopping the action. Obviously this will take away from the match, and can get a crowd out of it. I bring this up because there are only so many backstage sketches with the title changing hands before the crowd wants some in-ring action. With Hardcore matches, you need to be prepared for blood to happen. Even if a wrestler doesn't blade, blood is still a possibility if you get caught with the weapon right. If you want to clean up blood, what is the point in Hardcore matches?

By the way, you want some figures on time of possession of the title, and number of reigns? Raven would hold the title 26 times, for a grand total of 84 days. Crash Holly was next in line in terms of title reigns with 22, and he would hold the belt for a combined 108 days. An improvement. Steven Richards was next with 21 title reigns, but oooh, he only held the belt for 35 combined days. Sorry Stevie, love you, but yeah, not so hot with the belt. I'm only using four, and the last was JBL, yes Bradshaw, came up with 17 title reigns, for a whole 56 combined days. Damn they beat Ric Flair's number of reigns. It was a joke, especially considering how many times it would change hands at a single Live Event. You can say that Vince didn't care about the Light Heavyweight division, or that it was a joke all you want, but the Hardcore division, if you can call it that, was just as much a joke. Speaking of Vince.

Vince Doesn't Think Light Heavyweights Can Draw or Are Important

Vince also doesn't care about the Divas, but he still showcases them for the horny men out in the audience. Kids love seeing Rey Mysterio run around the ring, and boy it shows they do. Kids like to see faster action, as when things are slow they kinda get bored. My niece and nephew are prime examples. If the Light Heavyweights can't draw, then why do kids love all of the stuff they do? Smaller wrestlers may not be able to be seen as WWE Championship material. Is it their fault that they are 5'10, 175 pounds, or even 6'2, 220 yet are quick, in very good physical condition, and can wrestle?

These kinds of wrestlers shouldn't be used as jobbers when a monster is getting a push. Isn't that what the JOB Squad was for? They deserve their own division to showcase the talent that they possess. They don't need to Main Event a show or PPV, but it is important that they can show the world what they can do, other than just getting squashed by bigger wrestlers.

Like I say above. Rey Mysterio gets one of the loudest pops in arenas, and his merchandise is eaten up by kids. Evan Bourne is growing in popularity because of his Shooting Star Press and him fitting the underdog role in quite a few matches. But after a while that gets old. The David vs. Goliath has been used on Rey Mysterio for just about all of his feuds for the past how many years? Other than maybe Jericho and Ziggler, even though they are still bigger than him. Seriously, let him be the "Big Dog" every once in a while in his own division. The Light Heavyweight division, is that division.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I believe I have given more than adequate information as to why the Light Heavyweight Championship would be better suited to return than the Hardcore Championship. Two banned moves aren't going to cripple an entire division, and the Hardcore division was just as much a joke, if not more than the Light Heavyweight division. Lastly, it isn't a wrestler's fault that Vince prefers bigger guys, they should get their own shot to entertain the crowd, instead of just being jobbed out to bigger opponents. I thank my opponents, SavageTenta, for a very good and fun debate, as well as my partner Thriller for helping to give me some awesome material to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back