• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2nd and 3d Generation in wwe . to much ?

jrumpi

Occasional Pre-Show
Hello this is my 1st blog so bare with me :icon_biggrin: .

I want to discuss and get your opinion on some thing that is rely bothering me these days in wwe . That is those 2nd and 3d generation stars .
What bugs me is that people like ted and cody those 2 who suddenly people care about because they are with rko in a faction get pushed to the moon that quick , while other deserving wrestlers ( better than them) get to wait another 3 years .

There are allot of great 2nd and 3d generation stars like rko the rock ....
but seriously cody and ted both of them get dramatically pushed to the main roster that fast , they are 20+ years old and yet they look and wrestle like a 60 year old as if they were there fathers , fans do not even care about them and yet they get all the push just because of there daddies ?

seriously am I the only 1 who feels they are way over rated . Example the last episode of wwe super stars carlito had a good match with ted where carlito did all those cool spots while ted did a slow stupid power slam and basic moves and a lame finisher and yet these fans will tell you : (man ted is the future of this business what a match ) WTF !!

Any way what is your opinion and I hope I am not the only one who thinks that way and I am sorry if I pushed it to mush and I apologize if you were a fan of the wrestlers i mentioned in this blog .

First of all, I think Cody and Ted are very good in the ring. Secondly, I think that stables are used to pronounce the dominance of their leader, and elevate other talent. I have no problem with Cody and Ted getting the Orton rub. I don't see them as main eventers yet. They were in the main event, basically playing body guards, at a PPV, but they are not nearly the stature of Cena, Edge, HHH, Orton, Taker, etc.

The do their jobs well. When they get on the mic, they follow company line, and do it well. In the ring, they are supposed to show how being involved with Orton has made them better, so they do the methodical pick-apart that Orton does.

I think Legacy has been great for them. They will be successful in the WWE for years to come.

Oh, and don't apologze for your opinion. You are welcome to have whatever your opinion. We are here to debate topics like this, and not everyone will agree. Good thread.

ya, no need to apoligize homie. that's why we do these things. everyone's entitled to their opinions, no worries. i'll admit that on superstars, ted didn't exactly impress me as much as i hoped he would. his irish whips look awful, he's a little slow, and his dream street finisher was executed poorly. cody is around 23 and ted i think is 26, they're young guys who have a lot of time ahead of them. ted and cody need more 1 on 1 matches. that's what i think most fans want to see out of them. you can tell just by looking at them that they're singles competitors that just so happen to work as a team. i agree however that rhodes and dibiase are slightly over rated right now. they're just not showing me enough, especially rhodes. they're improving, and improving quickly, they just need to show more. but that'll come.

it is sad to see such ignorance. From my previous knowledge, the 3 title holders made a name for themselves in Stables feeding off of someone elses "thunder". Edge and Christian in The Brood and Ministry of Darkness and Randy Orton in Evolution. Take into account HHH feeding off of HBK to be a star in DX. Batista off of HHH as well in Evolution.

Weird that your putting over Orton when he did the same thing Ted and Cody are doing to get to the Top. So that is 5 current Main Eventers who got to where they are cause of Stables. You can include slightly Matt and Jeff from their Brood days cause it did put them on the map but didnt exactly make them.Stables work and have proven to work. It gets guys over that are undercards by putting them with main event guys so they can see how its done. And to say they are where they are cause of their dad's is wrong and ignorant.

First thing, jrumpi, great topic. Second, I agree with you whole heartedly. rznrkorip, what do you mean they just happen to work as a team. Dibiase's first match got him and rhodes the tag titles and it's more than obvious that WWE is starting a feud with them and the Colons that will end with Rhodes and Dibiase holding their gold. Then all of Legacy will hold titles, and they will hold it forever, where as Carlito and Primo have much more talent and are more entertaining. The WWE didn't even put their match on Wrestlemania, and I was looking forward to that match more than the Jericho vs. legends match or the Diva battle royal. And to fromthesouth, let's not forget, rhodes and dibiase were 2 of the final four in the rumble, rhodes survived with Orton at Survivor Series. Those two are getting way too much of a push and have been for way too long. The fans are tired of them, at least I know me and one other guy are. If they want to push someone this much down are throats, at least let them have decent moves in the ring. Like Tyson Kidd

I agree with you jrumpi, without question WWE favors 2nd and 3rd generation stars over other performers, but I can see a possible reason why. Lets look at who WWE has pushed over the years that were not "generation stars" who are no longer w/ WWE
1. Lesnar
2. Lashley
3. Masters
4. Goldberg
5. Kevin Nash & Scott Hall

All were given the shove, and aren't there anymore. It's possible Vince feels more confident pushing guys like Orton, Carlito, Rhodes, and others because he thinks/knows they won't leave him for another profession. Randy Orton (as all people in the IWC know) had A LOT of backstage issues, and caused a lot of trouble. No matter what Randy did, Vince still stould by him because he was confident Randy would be there tomorrow. Anyone agree?

Specifically Lashely and Lesnar, both received "the rub" from VKM himself. If you are involved in a high profile feud/program with Vince (w/ the spirit squad as an exception), then he see's potential in you. Vince let Lashley beat him and shave his head, he let Orton punt him in the head. IMO Lashley better have had a damn good reason for leaving, because Vince wouldn't have pushed him if Lashley told him he might leave.

ps I don't need anyone to remind me about the Michael Hayes relationship w/ Lashley

I think it's the right move. Really when you look at the roster there are only like 6 out of 25 on RAW and it's actually less on SmackDown. When all boils down to it the wrestlers who stay and become stars were usually fans when they were younger and truly wanted to be wrestlers.

For example everyone used in the previous post that was mentioned wasn't a wrestling fan growing up other than Masters. Just to end on the point most people in WWE are there due to the connections they have, most of the guys signed originally got signed because of who they trained with (i.e. Brian Kendrick).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back