23 Assassin's Creed II -v - Ratchet and Clank 3 106

?

• ASII

• RaC3

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
250px-Assassins_Creed_2_Box_Art.JPG

Whislt both have platform elements it's a lot deeper in that. Past v Future. Who wins? You decide!

Ratchetandclank3box.jpg

Going with AC II here, I will say that Assassin's Creed is my favorite Action-adventure series and that include such favorites like Legend of Zelda, God of War, Metal Gear, and Metroid. AC II has a very unique story of the main character being a descendant of a long lineage of assassin's and is being used by a company to go back in time through genetic memories and relive the lives of his ancestor and during this game it is the noble Ezio Auditore da Firenze during the Italian Renaissance. The game lets you freely explore 15th century Italy whether on the streets, rooftops, or even in water. Leonardo di Vinci is your best friend and helps invent loads of new weapons such as dual hidden blades, poison blades, and wheellock guns. Everything you loved in AC I is even greatly improved in AC II including Eagle Vision as you can use it to view landmarks or important people in third person view now while on the move. Ratchet and Clank is a good game but it can't match up to the greatness of Assassin's Creed II.

Ratchet and Clank gets my vote here and it isn't very close. Assassins Creed is a generally fun game with a good story and addicting gameplay, but it's going up against the king of addicting gameplay. The controls were out of this world and the replay ability this game has is crazy. I've logged 100+ hours on this game and still don't have every gun maxed out. Once you beat the game once, you have an option to come back with a new challenge mode and play again keeping all your guns. More upgrades are available for each weapon and armor, and the monsters are tougher. Everything about this game was so much fun whether it's randomly killing shit or playing mini games in Annihilation Nation. It matches up to the "greatness" of Assassins Creed, and surpasses it.

Assassin's Creed II takes it for me. I've never personally played Ratchet and Clank 3, but I had a friend who was quite obsessed with it when I was in high school so I'm very familiar to how it works. It seems to be a pretty good game, but we're talking about Assassin's Creed II here. It's going to take a lot more than just a "good game" to beat it.

The original Assassin's game was so great that when the sequel was announced I was over the moon about it. Little did I know just how much better it would be. The game play is much smoother, the plot is much deeper, and it is nowhere near as repeatitive as the first (which was my one big complaint about the first game).

I love this franchise and this game was the one that stole my heart.

Vote for Assassin's Creed 2.

These match-ups are getting tougher and tougher.

Ratchet & Clank is one of my favorite franchises ever. I own every single game in the series and while they're all great, Up Your Arsenal is the masterpiece of the series. This game took the weapon-based platforming of the previous games and perfected it. The weapons great and had a large variety and the levels were bigger than ever. It's the funniest game in the series and introduced on of my favorite video game villains ever in Dr. Nefarious. Plus it's the first R&C to have a full (and insanely fun) online mode and the only that let you drive vehicles such as dune buggies. Like all the R&C games, this was just pure fun and I'll pop this bad boy in any time.

Assassin's Creed II is fantastic. It improved upon the original AC in every possible way. Better graphics, much more variety in missions, a larger weapon arsenal and a much more engaging protagonist. I've always had a love for renaissance art and history, so being able to experience that in game was a dream come true. The world was beautifully realized, from the architecture The plot was great, with The Truth puzzles and the mystery surrounding it being a highlight of mine. This game also holds the unique distinction of being the only game I have a Platinum trophy for. For someone who's never been super into trophies/achievements, that's says a lot.

Both of these games are phenomenal and frankly, I'm okay with either game advancing. But I'll vote for Ratchet & Clank here simply for because I have more of an emotional attachment to that game and the series in general than I do Assassin's Creed II. Plus I doubt Ezio's power of seduction would work Courtney Gears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back