2015 HOF inductee Macho Man & Your favorite memories of him

Ultimate Randy Savage Fan

Dark Match Jobber
I do hope I'm posting this thread in the right section! I would love to know from the older WWE/F fans like me what ur greatest memories of Savage were & also younger fans who were to young to see Savage in his prime, ur opinions & greatest memories of him were from going back & watching footage of him in his prime....& were y'all think he ranks among the greatest wrestlers of all time!! I very much look forward to ur comments

Savage beating Flair for the world title at Wrestlemania was a great work for both guys involved.

The Mega Powers exploding at Wrestlemania 5 is what got me in to wrestling. There's a shot of Savage standing on the turnbuckle pointing at Hogan as the Hulkster comes down the aisle that is burned in to my memory for some reason. It's honestly one of those moments that has just stuck with me and I think it says a lot about how larger than life the Macho Man was as a character. I thought he was the coolest back then and I was really gutted when Hogan pinned him that night.

I just went back and had a look right now and I notice Jesse The Body point out that Macho should have had the second entrance of the night as he's the champion and that's protocol. I really miss announcers as proper characters and being allowed point out things like that.

I was first a wrestling fan in 1991... so this was the time of Savage retiring after WM7 in his loss to the Warrior.... getting married to Liz at Summerslam (they had been married in real life for several years at this point).... then Jack Tunney re-instating Randy for a mega fued with Jake Roberts.

The image of Jake trapping Randy in the ropes and unleashing Lucifer, his snake on Randy. Savage had some real guts to allow that snake to chew his arm up! Thanks for the disturbing childhood memories guys!

Savage vs Flair at Wrestlemania 8 was a stand out too... with Randys 2nd WWE world title win.... and then a return match with Warrior at Summerslam 92 at Wembley, London.

Buying video tapes at the time too, I saw a lot of Randys late 80s work. He was a mega heel as the Macho King.... and is one of the few wrestlers who is equally superb at playing a heel or a face.

Looking back he really was an excellent all rounder. A great worker, charismatic, a booming rock n' roll voice, a rugged look, over with the fans when portraying a hero or villain.
He's one of the top 5 from that era... alongside Hogan, Flair and Andre

I liked when savage came off the top rope with the bell axe handled steamboat and hurt his throat. I liked savage at that time as a heel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back