• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2013-14 WWE Season

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to my WWE prediction thread! We made it through the 2012-13 season. From The Rock's WWE title, to the return of SuperCena, to the death of Paul Bearer, to the Ziggler Money in the Bank, to CM Punk's 434 day reign, to the return of the Tag Team division (kinda), to the Shield, we made it through a lot of interesting stuff last season. But this is a whole new season, and it begins today, so here are 7 bold predictions for you guys, and I hope you enjoy.

1. Wrestlemania 30- 21-1?: Taker will come back again, I predict. There's still money to be made. But this will be the last match, so I predict a Cena vs Taker matchup at Wrestlemania 30. I don't wanna see it, but it'll probably happen and Cena will beat Taker if this does.

2. Ziggler cashes in his Money in the Bank...tonight?: Think about it. Everyone expected it last night, so in typical fashion, Del Rio comes to cut a promo and Swagger comes out and attacks, then Ziggler cashes in, enabling Del Rio-Swagger to continue and Ziggler to find a new challenger. Unless...maybe someone comes out and attacks Cena? Hmmm...

3. Dean Ambrose breaks out from the Shield: I've always been a huge Dean Ambrose guy, as well as a huge Seth Rollins guy, but I think that once the Shield ends (cause it'll happen), Ambrose will benefit the most and become a top heel. I think Ambrose has the potential to be better than Punk at being a heel, and you could argue against that if you wanted to, but I'm just saying.

4. Wade Barrett doesn't pan out: Well, this one may happen. Think about it. Barrett is injury-prone, he wasn't on the main 'Mania card, and he's not been getting as strong a push. Is he still World Champ material? Maybe, but right now he feels more like a mid-carder to me. So I predict he will stay in the mid-card. He may get one World Championship reign, but he will not be a top guy in the WWE.

5. Ryback will be a WWE or World Heavyweight Champion this season: Simple fact is Ryback gives Vince a hard-on. Ryback is very over with the fans, as evidenced by the "Feed Me More" chants, not only in the WWE, but in other promotions as well. Ryback has a Batista-type feel to him. To me, Ryback has a very good shot at being a World Champ this year.

6. Damien Sandow will hold gold: Sandow is very good when given the opportunity to shine on the mic. His in-ring skills are solid as well. I think that the Rhodes Scholars will hold tag team gold. If not, and these two split, I could see Sandow becoming a mid-card champ and maybe more down the line.

7. Kofi Kingston goes heel: It's inevitable. Kofi has all the potential in the world, but right now he's held down by being a "kiddie face". I think he could be a great heel and a potential world champion easily. He has the potential, but will the WWE allow him to use it? Well...

BONUS. Money in the Bank winners: This is where things get fun. At this point, I believe Cena and Ziggler will be the World Champions. I think that Kofi will win one match. For the other, I feel like Damien Sandow has a shot, but with Kofi's heel turn, Sandow can't win and be a heel at the same time. So I'm going to choose Ryback. But how do these two cash in? Ziggler gets beaten down and Kofi cashes in on Ziggler, leaving Ryback to cash in on Cena with an inevitable heel turn because Cena and Ryback are supposed to feud anyway.

There you have it, my predictions! Y'all can comment on these if you want. I hope you enjoy!

Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to my WWE prediction thread! We made it through the 2012-13 season. From The Rock's WWE title, to the return of SuperCena, to the death of Paul Bearer, to the Ziggler Money in the Bank, to CM Punk's 434 day reign, to the return of the Tag Team division (kinda), to the Shield, we made it through a lot of interesting stuff last season. But this is a whole new season, and it begins today, so here are 7 bold predictions for you guys, and I hope you enjoy.

1. Wrestlemania 30- 21-1?: Taker will come back again, I predict. There's still money to be made. But this will be the last match, so I predict a Cena vs Taker matchup at Wrestlemania 30. I don't wanna see it, but it'll probably happen and Cena will beat Taker if this does.

2. Ziggler cashes in his Money in the Bank...tonight?: Think about it. Everyone expected it last night, so in typical fashion, Del Rio comes to cut a promo and Swagger comes out and attacks, then Ziggler cashes in, enabling Del Rio-Swagger to continue and Ziggler to find a new challenger. Unless...maybe someone comes out and attacks Cena? Hmmm...

As for #1, I do think that it will be Cena vs. Undertaker at WM 30 BUT despite what WWE is going to make us believe, I think Undertaker will win that match and retire undefeated at Wrestlemania. There's no reason for Cena to end the streak. He will sell it as, it's the last thing for him to do in WWE since he's done everything else.

2. I do think Ziggler will cash in soon, possibly tonight. In fact, he may have been scheduled to cash in last night and due to timing constraints, it didn't happen. What I would like to see is Cena (wwe champ) vs. Ziggler (world champ) at Summer Slam, to unify the titles. They can keep the new WWE title belt and call it the WWE World Championship. Ziggler and Cena have history, as they feuded recently. This would be a big angle for Summer Slam and they could couple that with Miz vs. Cesaro in an IC/US title unification.
This won't happen obviously but THAT is how summer slam should be booked.

2. I do think Ziggler will cash in soon, possibly tonight. In fact, he may have been scheduled to cash in last night and due to timing constraints, it didn't happen. What I would like to see is Cena (wwe champ) vs. Ziggler (world champ) at Summer Slam, to unify the titles. They can keep the new WWE title belt and call it the WWE World Championship. Ziggler and Cena have history, as they feuded recently. This would be a big angle for Summer Slam and they could couple that with Miz vs. Cesaro in an IC/US title unification.
This won't happen obviously but THAT is how summer slam should be booked.

Those matches coupled with Rock vs Brock II would be a SummerSlam for the ages! Mania was so horrible, I don't even know where to look for the '13-'14 season.

I think this year is going to be very unpredictable, with a few part time performers (Rock, Lesnar, HHH and Jericho) being available for certain dates, and injuries hitting the likes of Punk, I believe we could have a few surprises install. Anyway, my predictions (off the top of my head) are -

Punk and Lesnar will tag team at a PPV. More than likely in a grudge match, but I think we will see this happen this year, I read in an interview Punk likes the idea and I think if they have the right opponents, it could be a brilliant story. Already self named, 'The Best and The Beast', I personally hope this happens!

I think Ziggler will be WHC before Extreme Rules, now some of the part timers have left after last night, and possibly Punk for the foreseeable future, something needs to kick start the year, and this is how to do it. Whether it be on RAW or SD, cashing in always creates excitement and buzz, and I would love to see him defend it at Extreme Rules.

The Shield will go undefeated until at least SummerSlam. These guys have really
impressed me, and I was very happy to see them win last night (as many others were). I think they have great stock atm, and as long as they are booked in a similar fashion over the next 2/3 PPV I think there is the making of a great summer fued with them, whether it be them trying to take down the roster as a whole, or even invest in new blood with a few of these reported NXT performers being promoted and they go all theyway to Survivor Series. Any direction is possible for them now, I just hope WWE doesn't drop the ball with them!

Chris Jericho will win a title of some sort by WM 30. The last time Jericho had any gold was the WHC is 2010. Since then he has returned numerous times to face the likes of Punk, Ziggler and of course Fandango. Jericho understands the business more than most and because of this he is happy to put over the new guys, the guys that need it. However he deserves to be rewarded for this attitude, when Rock is headlining WM and HHH is facing Lesnar, Jericho is losing to Fandango (I am not knocking it, I am just pointing it out). I think he deserves a run with a strap, probably the WHC and I see it happening before WM30, with him probably dropping the title there.

There is just a few predictions that I think and would love to see happen. And regarding the MITB winners, my bold prediction is that Punk wins the RAW briefcase, and if he is around Jericho gets the SD one, if not someone like Kofi (if he has turned heel) or possibly Sandow.

Im going to make 15 bold predictions for this season...believe the hype!
1. Ryback finally wins the big one for the World Title...until Zigs cashes in right away setting up their feud.
2. R-Truth turns heel feuds with MIz for IC title eventually goes over (Truth is such a good heel btw)
3. PTP wins tag gold sets up a feud between Kane and Dbry that wont be settled until around the RR
4. Ambrose breaks away from The Shield wins US title brings legitimacy back to it.
5. Cena keeps WWE title until next WM
6. Punk is out until ATLEAST SS
7. Damien Sandow wins World Title MITB; Randy Orton wins WWE MITB
8. Sheamus, Show, Barret, Miz, Swagger, Del Rio. all flounder around the mid-card not really doin nothin.
9. Brock Lesnar wins RR beats Cena at WM
10. Undertaker vs. The Rock WM XXX
11. Batista and RVD return.
12.Seeds are planted for Punk vs. Austin
13. Kofi turns heel teams with Big E..forms heel Tag Team (Random black guy pairing)
14. Zeb Coulter becomes GM
15. And the one i want to see the most...Smackdown actually becomes bearable to watch..

Hows that??

One more i just thought of Barret is the next Mr.Kennedy/Anderson...Released from the E picked up by TNA wins the title under 6 months.. YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!

I can't see Cena turning heel but creative really needs to address the issue of most crowds booing their number one face. Something better than "Rise Above Hate". Maybe a Sting-esque lone wolf gimmick after he drops the WWE title. Maybe he can lose it to Roman Reigns due to Shield interference and nobody from the back stepping up to help.

I'll go with 5 things....

1.) Big Johnny comes back and leads a heel faction to bring back "People Power." (Could be a summer storyline). Brad Maddox some how gets aligned with him starting the most awkward and hilarios power force in WWE history. "Bronny"
2.) Ryback and Ziggler become the Main Event feud on Smackdown
3.) Shield wins the tag team titles and defend under "Freebird Rules."
4.) Orton's heel turn will begin at MITB when he wins the WWE title briefcase and cashes in against Cena.
5.) Seeds will be laid for Punk vs Lesnar including a brief tag run. Heyman will be the catalyst of course and lead to a match up by Survivor Series. Neither man will turn full blown face. But this could open the door for Punk to become sort of an Austin "anti-hero" where he can basically feud against anybody.

I think there's a chance the match will happen. However, I don't expect Cena to beat Taker. Anti-Cena sentiment would reach an all time high. Of all the opponents Taker has faced at WrestleMania, the one who would ultimately benefit the least from ending the streak would be John Cena. If the streak does end, I have a feeling that Taker will pick the guy who ends it.

Some like it and some don't, but the fact is that WWE has ultimately done a good job in keeping people guessing as to when & where Ziggler will cash in the MITB contract. Whenever the time has seemed opportune in the minds of fans, it simply hasn't come to pass. I think it's possible Ziggler might cash in tonight, it is the night after WM and there are usually big happenings. However, Ziggler has so little momentum right now that cashing in tonight, in my opinion, feels kind of ho hum.

3. Dean Ambrose breaks out from the Shield: I've always been a huge Dean Ambrose guy, as well as a huge Seth Rollins guy, but I think that once the Shield ends (cause it'll happen), Ambrose will benefit the most and become a top heel. I think Ambrose has the potential to be better than Punk at being a heel, and you could argue against that if you wanted to, but I'm just saying.

I think Ambrose & Rollins both have a good chance of being top heels. Ambrose is the overall better of the two on the mic while Rollins is better in the ring. Neither guy is a slouch in any department. Roman Reigns has the best look, he looks almost exactly like The Rock would look if he had long hair. I could see Reigns being cast as a babyface for a while in a similar role as Sheamus, namely just a big tough powerhouse brawler.

4. Wade Barrett doesn't pan out: Well, this one may happen. Think about it. Barrett is injury-prone, he wasn't on the main 'Mania card, and he's not been getting as strong a push. Is he still World Champ material? Maybe, but right now he feels more like a mid-carder to me. So I predict he will stay in the mid-card. He may get one World Championship reign, but he will not be a top guy in the WWE.

I don't really see how Barrett is injury prone. Getting hurt once doesn't equate to being injury prone. As for Barrett not getting a strong push, he's just one of the many casualties during WrestleMania season. Vince looks as though to have put most of his eggs in the baskets of the top money matches for 'Mania. The IC title match was moved to the pre-show and Barrett dropped the title. That's what's ultimately gotten the most build in the past 8 weeks or so. The tag team division was doing much better but it was pushed aside during 'Mania season. Antonio Cesaro has worked his ass off for WWE. He's been United States Champion for 6 months, he travels extensively to help promote WWE and wrestled for about 6 weeks or so with legitimately injured fingers. But he was left completely off the WM card whatsoever. Unless you were in one of the top 3 matches at the show, not a whole lot has been done with you for a while. I think Barrett has a lot of ability, but Vince has gotten into a pattern in which he starts a guy on a significant push and then just stalls it out. Ziggler, Barrett & Cesaro are three examples of that.

5. Ryback will be a WWE or World Heavyweight Champion this season: Simple fact is Ryback gives Vince a hard-on. Ryback is very over with the fans, as evidenced by the "Feed Me More" chants, not only in the WWE, but in other promotions as well. Ryback has a Batista-type feel to him. To me, Ryback has a very good shot at being a World Champ this year.

Yeah, I agree. I think Ryback will be a World Champion sometime within the next 12 months. Based on reports I read last week, WWE officials are talking about doing Cena vs. Ryback sometime this year. I don't think that it'll happen until sometime later this year, possibly during SummerSlam or Survivor Series. Ryback just lost clean to Mark Henry last night at WM. Ryback has yet to score a big win at a ppv, so WWE is really going to have to build him up as a monster threat to Cena over the span of several months. I imagine they'll have Ryback's feud with Mark Henry continue for a while longer, at least until Ryback gains a dominant victory.

6. Damien Sandow will hold gold: Sandow is very good when given the opportunity to shine on the mic. His in-ring skills are solid as well. I think that the Rhodes Scholars will hold tag team gold. If not, and these two split, I could see Sandow becoming a mid-card champ and maybe more down the line.

I think there's a good chance Team Rhodes Scholars will be tag champs at some point. WWE broke them up briefly but ultimately used both of them as jobbers before putting them back together. Sandow is someone with a lot of ability and I think will be a singles star in the future. For now, however, I'd like to see him stick with Rhodes. At least, I'd like to see him with Rhodes if WWE is going to get back on track with the tag team division.

7. Kofi Kingston goes heel: It's inevitable. Kofi has all the potential in the world, but right now he's held down by being a "kiddie face". I think he could be a great heel and a potential world champion easily. He has the potential, but will the WWE allow him to use it? Well...

Kofi is another guy that WWE occasionally gets behind and gives a strong push, only to stall him out. Kofi was doing very well during his last run as IC champ. He & Miz had a genuinely good feud with really good matches over the title, as did Kofi & Wade Barrett afterward. I'd like to see them at least attempt to turn him heel, because he's going as far as he's going with his current character. Kofi is someone that I believe has untapped potential. We saw some of it during his feud with Randy Orton several years back and we saw some more during his last IC title run.

I don't think all of these will happen, but I think it's a good guess at a few things.

1) Dolph Ziggler cash in - Tonight. I don't know, but I really hope that it happens. Vince, give the kid a chance. Risks need to be taken for the times when part timers aren't available.

2) CM Punk returns - Rumours have been flying around about him resting for the next few months. I would love to see him return at say, Summerslam, and have him take out John Cena after his match (as WWE champion) to reclaim 'his' title. Have a full beat down, with chairs, kendo sticks, the lot. It might bring back a buzz that WWE will need over summer.

3) The Shield win the Tag Team Titles - What else can they do? They could really help the tag division for a while, and put something back into the titles.

4) Antonio Cesaro and Kofi Kingston wins MITB - I really hope for this one. I hope that they do, or at least start to break out. I hope they start to do so soon, they deserve more than not being on the WrestleMania Card.

Theres a lot of good predictions here, some which will obviously happen. I'm going to tell what i think will happen, probably the same as a few posts here, and ill also include what i think SHOULD happen. Enjoy!
1. Ziggler cashes in. The difference between me and the IWC is the IWC gets a hard on for mr ziggles, i dont. However, he will cash in very soon but i dont see him holding the title for long, perhaps losing to the MITB winner,which ill get to later on.
2.AJ Lee will win the womens title, and the divas division will still be irrelevant.
3.Kofi turns heel. He has so much potential and wwe always drops the ball on him.
4. Team Hell No will lose the titles and bryan will turn heel setting up bryan and kane to have a feud for a short time.
5. With all the main eventers, no sense in adding another one, which I believe is why Team Rhodes Scholars will win the titles. Sandow will be pushed maybe in a years time.
6. Randy Orton heel turn. Nuff said.
7.The shield will either recruit new blood, or continue to be bland (im a seth rollins guy so don't trip). Toward the end of the year tho i think they will break up. Ambrose has the best potential to make it big in my opinion.
8.Brock i believe may team with punk at times,maybe summerslam and survivor series, but by rumble, they'll start a feud. Punk vs Brock at mania 30.
9. ill discuss MITB because theres a few scenarios i think. My initial thought is Ryback would win the WHC briefcase, cash in on ziggler.after ziggler fails to win it back, big e attacks ryback, setting up a feud between them. but.... im also hearing a cena/ryback feud, so maybe ryback wins that one instead. i have no clue who would win the other briefcase, but rest assured Ryback wins one of them.
10. cena? hard to tell at this point. i wish that wigger would just crawl in a hole and die. but instead he may have a lengthy reign.
11. del rio will go back to mid card.
12.Taker vs cena at mania 30, not for the title.

thats all i think will happen, and heres a few i think SHOULD happen.

1.Mania 30: Taker vs Brock. Most of us know the history there. If you saw the staredown at the ufc event between them, u know why it needs to happen. brock is the only believable threat to the streak.
2.Rock retires....for good (he never actually retired to begin with but heres hoping his exit is permanent.
3.mysterio vs sin cara. it may happen, it may not. 50/50 here.

Oh and just for fun, a few returns.

1. Batista at the rumble (one night only)
2. Rvd maybe for a few months, not a huge run, just to get talent over.
3. Nash. Few months...nothing major happens.
4. Jake Roberts. Maybe at the rumble,and maybe one last Mania match.
5. Matt Hardy. No reason behind it.

Thats all for now.Enjoy the year!

Hopefully WWE realizes WM29 wasn't as good as it could have and should have been. Tonight's Raw is their chance to bounce back, start fresh and make things interesting right away. Last year Lesnar returned the night after WM so hopefully there's a big surprise for tonight.

The following 10 things are what I'm looking for in 2013-14...

1. A tag team match at Summerslam with Rock & Cena vs. Lesnar & Punk would be HUGE especially being in LA this year, it would get a lot of media attention.
2. Foreshadowing of the WM main events should start at the beginning of 2014, they shouldn't start making feuds 3 weeks away like they did for WM29.
2. Midcard Titles- Unifying them into 1 belt (Keep Intercontinental and drop US) would be great. Upcoming stars such as Sandow, Shield members, and more could really use a strong midcard title run. Since this is a fresh start, use this as a 2nd chance to not have the title holder lose every week!!!
3. Unifying INT & US leaves room for a Cruiserweight title which would be perfect with all the possible talent. Sin Cara, Rey, Justin Gabriel, Primo, Epico, Uso's, Daniel Bryan, Ziggler, plenty of NXT guys, returning Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd and even more.
4. MITB Winners- Wade Barrett for sure and even though I don't think Ryback needs the briefcase to get into the title picture, he's the only other guy I could think of right now
5. The Shield to win the tag team titles, they've beaten almost every combo of top stars so the only thing left for them to do is get some gold.
6. Call up Divas from NXT to make the Diva's division actually mean something again
7. Tag team division still needs some work although it has improved since the past couple years. Right now we have Team Hell No, Rhodes Scholars, Shield, PTP, Primo & Epico, Uso's, Tons of Funk, form 2 more teams and call up a few NXT teams and the division will be strong again.
8. Big returns- I believe Batista, RVD, Goldberg and Stone Cold all said they are willing to return for at least 1 more match which would be sweet!
9. Fresh feuds for I would like for Cena this year- Mark Henry, Ryback, Jack Swagger, and the Undertaker for WM30
10. WM30- The perfect 3 main events are Rock vs Brock, Cena vs Taker, and Punk vs Stone Cold. None of those matches should be for a championship since more than half of them are part timers. With no championship being used there, it leaves a lot of room for even more awesome match ups on the card!

Some interesting opinions. Here are a few of mine for anyone interested.

1. A few surprising face turns. The WWE is seriously lacking some mid-card faces (case in point: no-one for Cesaro to feud with at Wrestlemania). I never thought Del Rio would make a good face but they made a brilliant call with that one and I expect a couple of others to follow suit - possibly Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett and maybe even Seth Rollins

2. Dolph Ziggler-Daniel Bryan will dominate the WHC title picture for months. I know we've already seen a couple of brilliant matches between these 2 on RAW, but I still think this could go on for a while longer yet, with AJ and Big E being the wild cards (maybe a change of allegiance for one of them).

3. Ryback will be the nearly-man all year. The man who dominates, comes so close but can't win the big one. Then next Wrestlemania he finally gets his huge moment and wins the World Heavyweight Title

4. John Cena will challenge the Undertaker at next years Wrestlemania. He'll come up short but they'll put on a much better match than people will expect

5. The Shield will dominate for a few more months and will win the tag team titles (using the freebird rule) at Summerslam - But after winning, Ambrose and Reigns will betray Rollins, turning Seth face. Ambrose and Reigns will then hold the tag team titles all the way to next Wrestlemania

I like all of what you have suggested except for the first one, I don`t mind seeing John Cena vs The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX, But I just really hoe Cena does not end the streak and make it 21-1 and here is why.

If the streak does have to come to an end, which I do not see happening which each passing year, I think it should be a up and coming star that ends it not John Cena. Cena has done everything there is to do in the company and stands to gain nothing if he ends it.

10. Undertaker vs. The Rock WM XXX

as much as i like it i just can't see it, the WWE puts John Cena over in a huge way an i think if anyone is to challenge the streak at WM 30 (hopefully Undertaker's last mania 22-0 is fine) it will be the guy who sticks around the company and helps to lead the young guys coming up through NXT, even though almost evrywhere he goes the rock promotes the WWE

11. Batista and RVD return.

Batista is doing MMA and RVD is working in TNA

those are my only problems but yes WWE has stolen guys like Ricky Steamboat back from TNA before so it is more likely to have an RVD return but as a part timer. Truthfully i just can't see undertaker vs. the rock

1. I expect to see the shield hold the Tag team title's and either the US or IC titles at some point over the next year.

2. Team Hell no to split up later on in the year, setting up a Kane vs Bryan at Summerslam.

3. Ryback to beat Cena for the WWE title, which hopefully sets up a cena Heel turn.

4. JBL to return to the ring in time for one more match at next years Wrestlemania.

4. JBL to return to the ring in time for one more match at next years Wrestlemania.

I was thinking about that the other day. I think JBL would be really good with Swagger and Zeb Coulter. His persona fits perfect. Rich guy from Texas, a "real American" living the "American Dream." They should form a tag team called "we the people"

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back