2012 - The Year of New School in the WrestleZone Tournament

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
That's right: It's time to crown a WZF champion whose best before date is later than 2001. Where did this idea come from? My brain and my general inability to romanticize the past while failing to appreciate the greatness of today. But the idea gained credence when I listened to Colt Cabana's podcast with Petey Williams. One of the things that struck me in that conversation was their ability to admit that the legacy of the past dies off over time, that a guy like Jake Roberts will be remembered in twenty years for the DDT and the snake bite if he's remembered at all. The past dies. All that matters is one's ability to make money and produce quality work tomorrow, the next night, and the night after that. And hearing a couple guys in the industry today (especially a guy as ahead of the game as Cabana) flirting with this idea put a smile on my face. It makes me think that maybe we're on the verge of smarks becoming as forward thinking as we like to imagine we are. Are we prepared to put the past in it's place and focus on today? Are we at the WrestleZone Forums ready to End the Era? If so, join me in pushing some of the newest of new school greats as far as possible.

Who should we support if this is our agenda?
-John Cena
-CM Punk
-Randy Orton
-Sheamus
-James Storm
-Jeff Hardy
-AJ Styles
-Robert Roode
-Daniel Bryan
-Bully Ray

The very best that 2012 has to offer. What says you, Bar Room? You guys tend to be more enlightened than your average mouth breather.

-John Cena
-CM Punk
-Randy Orton
-Sheamus
-James Storm
-Jeff Hardy
-AJ Styles
-Robert Roode
-Daniel Bryan
-Bully Ray

I think everyone else has done enough good in the past year to make them stand out on their own except Styles. I believe the masses forget the greatness of the Phenomenal One. It's time for some education.

I'm all for Bryan, Storm and Roode.

Of that list I'll probably be pulling for John Cena, Randy Orton, AJ Styles, and Jeff Hardy.
You can bother do better than that.

I think everyone else has done enough good in the past year to make them stand out on their own except Styles. I believe the masses forget the greatness of the Phenomenal One. It's time for some education.
In the past year, you've got great Impact matches making both Roode and Storm look like headliners before major PPV main events and yet another sterling feud with Daniels. And before all of that, you have the feud that made all the doubters realize Bully Ray is legit, complete with one of the best matches in TNA history. He might not have been getting as much play as the other guys on my list over the last twelve months, but he still has the goods.

You can bother do better than that.

Haven't been watching TNA recently, so I can't really comment on Roode, Storm, or Bully Ray. I'd have to refresh myself... do you have any quick suggestions on recent good matches of theirs I should watch?

Storm's matches with Angle, Ray, Hardy, and Styles. Roode's matches with Storm, Roode, Ray, Hardy, and Styles. Ray's match at Slammiversary last year with Styles, his match at BFG with Anderson, and any matches you find him having with the combination of Storm, Roode, and Hardy.

I may be tempted to add Austin Aries to this list. Maybe. Should be interesting to see how many of these TNA guys don't even make the tournament.

Storm's matches with Angle, Ray, Hardy, and Styles. Roode's matches with Storm, Roode, Ray, Hardy, and Styles. Ray's match at Slammiversary last year with Styles, his match at BFG with Anderson, and any matches you find him having with the combination of Storm, Roode, and Hardy.

I may be tempted to add Austin Aries to this list. Maybe. Should be interesting to see how many of this TNA guys don't even make the tournament.

Sting, Angle, Hardy, Styles, Joe, Bully Ray, Storm, Roode, Daniels, Anderson.

That's all the TNA guys I got making the list unless I'm forgetting someone which I probably am.

Who should we support if this is our agenda?
-John Cena
-CM Punk
-Randy Orton
-Sheamus
-James Storm
-Jeff Hardy
-AJ Styles
-Robert Roode
-Daniel Bryan
-Bully Ray

The very best that 2012 has to offer. What says you, Bar Room? You guys tend to be more enlightened than your average mouth breather.

CM Punk, James Storm, Bobby Roode and Daniel Bryan.

Sting, Angle, Hardy, Styles, Joe, Bully Ray, Storm, Roode, Daniels, Anderson.

That's all the TNA guys I got making the list unless I'm forgetting someone which I probably am.
RVD is a lock, no? And we still consider Hogan a TNA guy, yes? How about Jarrett?

No. I plan to look like Sam for as long as possible while he goes out and does God's work for me.

I have already formulated arguments for Rey Mysterio against all of the guys you've mentioned. Most of it has to do with NorCal loving him and D-Man hating him, as well as that a vote against Rey Mysterio is both homophobic AND gay.

I have already formulated arguments for Rey Mysterio against all of the guys you've mentioned. Most of it has to do with NorCal loving him and D-Man hating him, as well as that a vote against Rey Mysterio is both homophobic AND gay.

I'm all for the Rey Rey train. I tried to support him for the last one I was here for but he drew Hogan in the first round, and you can imagine how that went, what with 90% of WZ clamoring for Hogan's dick in all of their orifices.

I'm all for the Rey Rey train. I tried to support him for the last one I was here for but he drew Hogan in the first round, and you can imagine how that went, what with 90% of WZ clamoring for Hogan's dick in all of their orifices.

Excellent. You shall be the Old Man Logan to my Hawkeye.

Edge is my favorite wrestler to root for, but Rey is my favorite wrestler to watch... if that makes sense. Nobody puts on a show like Rey Mysterio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back