• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2010 WWE is going to Suck

As much as you think it would help move up MVP, it really woludn't. People don't get into MVP's matches, and really never will.

Yes this would explain why he's getting cheered:rolleyes:

He could never get a crowd excited for numerous PPVs to see if he would win the big one, or what he'd do next.

Do you actually watch the show?!, what, do you have your tv on mute weh you do watch?!?!

Heck, MVP has to actually get on a PPV, first.

you mean like WM?, the PPV he was just on

Maybe he should shave his ridiculous beard, get out of his power ranger halloween custome, and start working the fans more.

or you could wake up and realize how over MVP actuelly is, and how well he does work the fans

But to think Jeff puts on bad matches is flat out wrong, especially with MVP in your sig.

To think that Jeff puts on entertaining matches is just flat out sad, I'm surprised the guy has yet to kill himself or someone else yet, his matches are nothing but botched filled piles of crap

:sweat:

MVP gets the typical face reaction. There's nothing special about getting generic cheers. Jesse and Festus get a positive reaction, you're supposed to. If he was thatover he'd be used as a realistic competitor.

My aplogies, MVP does appear in PPVs. He appears in the PPVs that need extra bodies. Quick rundown of recent PPV showings- Wrestlemania- 8 man match; NWO-Not present; Royal Rumble- 30 man match, second man eliminated; Armageddon-Not present; Survivor Series- 17 male superstars used, second man eliminated; Cyber Sunday- Not present (finished third in voting as to whom would be Shelton Benjamin's opponent, behind RTruth and Festus); No Mercy-Not present; Unforgiven- 5 man scramble match; Summerslam- Singles match; Great American Bash- not present; Night of Champions- Not present (dark match); One Night Stand- Not present; Judgement Day- Singles Match; Backlash- Singles Match

In the past year he has three singles matches on PPVs and one dark match, all with a Hardy (three vs Jeff, one vs Matt). Yeah, MVP was holding Jeff's hand this whole time.

Pretty sad when you have to gain the sympathy of fans by losing to local jobbers to finally get a face turn.

:MVP gets the typical face reaction. There's nothing special about getting generic cheers. Jesse and Festus get a positive reaction, you're supposed to. If he was thatover he'd be used as a realistic competitor.

Must explain why they put the US title on him, and shipped him over to the flagship show :rolleyes:

MVP is clearly over. Comparing his reactions to Jesse and Festus is moronic, you obviously have not been paying attention. First you claimed he doesn't work a crowd, and now you're comparing his reactions to Jesse and Festus and saying he's not a "realistic competitor" yet WWE just did what I said above?

My aplogies, MVP does appear in PPVs. He appears in the PPVs that need extra bodies. Quick rundown of recent PPV showings- Wrestlemania- 8 man match; NWO-Not present[/i]; Royal Rumble- 30 man match, second man eliminated; Armageddon-Not present; Survivor Series- 17 male superstars used, second man eliminated; Cyber Sunday- Not present (finished third in voting as to whom would be Shelton Benjamin's opponent, behind RTruth and Festus); No Mercy-Not present; Unforgiven- 5 man scramble match; Summerslam- Singles match; Great American Bash- not present; Night of Champions- Not present (dark match); One Night Stand- Not present; Judgement Day- Singles Match; Backlash- Singles Match

Hard to be on PPV when you're given a 5 month long losing streak for backstage reasons. That's over now and he's gaining alot of momentum. I never argued he didn't appear on PPV's, but like I said with the way he was booked, it was impossible.

That likely changes this year. He'd likely be on Backlash if the PPV's weren't so damn bunched together and he's just finding his new home on RAW. It's obvious it's going to take a well done push to make him a main eventer, but it's possible if they try hard enough IMO, and they don't really have a choice with all the stars leaving or retiring.

Jeff would have likely been one too with they way he sells *shrugs*. Just because I don't like him, doesn't mean I'm blind. In your case, I think it does.

Yeah, MVP was holding Jeff's hand this whole time.

During their feud, he was, yes.

Pretty sad when you have to gain the sympathy of fans by losing to local jobbers to finally get a face turn.

MVP was buried for getting big headed backstage and being disrespectful to a piss tester. He even admitted to this in an interview. WWE blew it off by using it as a face turn and hopefully the start of a lengthy push.

Keep in mind I was replying to two posts..

Moronic? No. Moronic would be comparing Jesse and Festus' ability to draw attention to a match to MVP's. I can give MVP the fact he's above the low card. However, it is also moronic to insinuate that MVP gets any special pop from the live audience. I watch both RAW and SD!, he doesn't draw any special reaction. When you are the good guy you're supposed to be cheered.

He has this much potential and they can't find a match for him at Backlash? I'm pretty sure there are other guys in the middle of a transition who still find a way to be either or the card, or gain momentum towards Judgement Day. MVP has done neither.

Yes, he's receiving a push. It hasn't really worked to this point, because he's never been over midcard status. Completely right it will take a lot of work, because MVP has yet to string together a successful series of fueds. He's been placed in multiple match sets with numerous wrestlers and yet nothing has escalated. Where is this carrying ability MVP supposedly has? Might be booked better if you show a reason to be booked better.

Jeff Hardy has had backstage problems yet upon returning he's put into PPV matches and receives a lot of air time. It's called having charisma.

Keep in mind I was replying to two posts..

I really don't give a damn, because I proved my point.

However, it is also moronic to insinuate that MVP gets any special pop from the live audience. I watch both RAW and SD!, he doesn't draw any special reaction. When you are the good guy you're supposed to be cheered.

For a guy that just turned face a couple of months ago, yes he does. And not all good guys get cheered and keep fans involved in their matches, MVP does. You earlier, were acting like he does not.

He has this much potential and they can't find a match for him at Backlash? I'm pretty sure there are other guys in the middle of a transition who still find a way to be either or the card, or gain momentum towards Judgement Day. MVP has done neither.

Oh Jesus, I seriously cannot see how you watch Smackdown.

MVP won the belt from Shelton Benjamin 3 weeks before Wrestlemania. On the go home show, he beat Benjamin in a rematch for the gold, thus ending their feud. Then he was in the MITB match. Who exactly could they have tossed at him to feud with? There wasn't exactly that much time, and it's obvious they planned on moving him over to RAW. If you want to blame anything, blame the booking of the Benjamin feud.

And he can still gain momentum towards Judgment Day, everything's probably back to normal after Backlash when it comes to the brands. That gives them enough time to build up a title match at the PPV.

Yes, he's receiving a push. It hasn't really worked to this point, because he's never been over midcard status.

Umm, it's going to take time.

Completely right it will take a lot of work, because MVP has yet to string together a successful series of fueds.

As a heel, no, not really. There's going to be alot to work with as a face on RAW.

He just had a pretty good one with Benjamin though. So that's a start.

Where is this carrying ability MVP supposedly has? Might be booked better if you show a reason to be booked better.

He has. Consistent promo work and good TV matches. He carried both Hardy and Shelton Benjamin, and those were his last two feuds thanks to a burial.

Jeff Hardy has had backstage problems yet upon returning he's put into PPV matches and receives a lot of air time. It's called having charisma.

Jeff Hardy has been in the business for alot of years, and almost all of them as a face. He's obviously over and sells enough that he's going to get away with things. Hardy also has the charisma of a brick. The only reason he's over is for being a spot monkey, and women think he's "hot". When Jeff got into an arena that wasn't loaded with kids and women (Wrestlemania), I could hear a pin drop.

And MVP has charisma. Don't kid yourself.

MVP's babyface turn has worked perfectly so far IMO, much better than Kennedy's for instance, at first I questioned whether he could get over as a face since his character seemed to fit being a heel more, but it's been a success so far.

I don't get how people can say he isn't over, he was arguably the most over person in the Royal Rumble match this year apart from RVD, there were huge MVP chants and when Kozlov eliminated him it got the biggest boos of the night, even more than when Matt turned on Jeff. At Wrestlemania in the MITB match he was also more over than everyone in the match except for Christian. His Ballin Elbow drop is also a crowd favorite even when he was still a heel. He's only really been in 2 feuds in his career so far (against Benoit & Matt Hardy), and he carried them both.

I definitely think MVP will be pushed to the top around 2010 time or even later this year, along from Morrison & Swagger (and maybe Kofi if he gets a more serious gimmick), I think he has the most potential of all the mid carders right now.

I really don't give a damn, because I proved my point.
That's good. I hope you can relay it to the rest of us.

For a guy that just turned face a couple of months ago, yes he does. And not all good guys get cheered and keep fans involved in their matches, MVP does. You earlier, were acting like he does not.

Stop just repeating yourself for the sake of doing so. Saying he keeps fans involved and

Oh Jesus, I seriously cannot see how you watch Smackdown.

Because you can't hear myself mark out for MVP when he comes out? That's the only extraordinary reaction you possibly can hear.

MVP won the belt from Shelton Benjamin 3 weeks before Wrestlemania. On the go home show, he beat Benjamin in a rematch for the gold, thus ending their feud. Then he was in the MITB match. Who exactly could they have tossed at him to feud with? There wasn't exactly that much time, and it's obvious they planned on moving him over to RAW. If you want to blame anything, blame the booking of the Benjamin feud.

Fued? It wasn't a fued at all, it was a few matches thrown together. Nothing special about it. It was hardly meant to portray hatred between the two. Nothing short of ridding Shelton of a now garbage title.

Mark Henry and Finlay were in the MiTB match. MVP was in it last year, led to great things...

And he can still gain momentum towards Judgment Day, everything's probably back to normal after Backlash when it comes to the brands. That gives them enough time to build up a title match at the PPV.

Because there aren't any other PPV matches? I see 5 other matches on the card, with all of the main guys on the card.

Umm, it's going to take time.
Yes, a looooong time.

As a heel, no, not really. There's going to be alot to work with as a face on RAW.

Perhaps getting buried behind HHH, Cena, Batista, and Kofi Kingston.

He'll also end up jobbing to Matt Hardy to give us another top heel.

He just had a pretty good one with Benjamin though. So that's a start.
A successful fued? Seriously? You think he just had a successful fued with Shelton? That's why they are fighting on the consistent basis?

He has. Consistent promo work and good TV matches. He carried both Hardy and Shelton Benjamin, and those were his last two feuds thanks to a burial.

If they were that good (in regards to his promo work, tv matches, and fued quality) he would have been booked better and they would find a away to better punish him. Only mid carders with little promise actually get punished on TV for being jackasses backstage. Orton had problems when he first started, and since he actually showed his high quality ability on the mic and in the ring. Obviously his in-ring work wasn't trashed for his being an idiot. It's a crap excuse for MVP, because before that he wasn't doing anything special either.

Surely you mean he carried Benjamin on the mic, because it certainly couldn't have been in the ring. Someone selling the ballin' elbow is carrying MVP enough.

Jeff Hardy has been in the business for alot of years, and almost all of them as a face. He's obviously over and sells enough that he's going to get away with things. Hardy also has the charisma of a brick. The only reason he's over is for being a spot monkey, and women think he's "hot". When Jeff got into an arena that wasn't loaded with kids and women (Wrestlemania), I could hear a pin drop.
How'd he get over? He's improved in the ring every year, how would his previous work warrant him a cover to "get away with things", ?

He's over because he actually displays a personality and has left a mark in wrestling, MVP has done neither.

He definitely gets no reaction at Wrestlemania-->http://tr.youtube.com/watch?v=hqiGrly5feE&feature=related

You surely couldn't mean any of the past Wrestlemanias, because he got equal pops then, also during their run in the TV-14 era, which wasn't "only kids and women"

And MVP has charisma. Don't kid yourself.

I'm glad at least you know this, since it's never been on display.

MVP gets cheered as a face? Occasionally, but not as heavily as some think. The reactions of other midcarders like Punk and Christian are superior. Not to mention midcard heels with mega-heat like Mark Henry who also deserve a push. Matt Hardy is also on the rise and should be pushed well above MVP on Monday nights. I don't think MVP is one of the guys to step up and replace the top guys who are going out, as his skills aren't substantial enough to overlook his average reactions and merit such a push.

MVP is an average worker who gets praised because once upon a time he surprised people and rolled around on the mat with Chris Benoit a few times, a guy who could make anyone look passable. Suddenly, everyone thinks MVP has "mat skillz."

MVP isn't as good as his hype. In a perfect world, he'd be a mid-carder for life... A gate-keeper, if you will.

WWE needs to push new stars, but the Hardys, Punk, Christian, Swagger, Bourne, Knox, Jo'Mo... heck, even Miz should be higher on the pecking order.

Stop just repeating yourself for the sake of doing so. Saying he keeps fans involved

He keeps fans involved. Stop acting like he does not and watch the matches.

Because you can't hear myself mark out for MVP when he comes out? That's the only extraordinary reaction you possibly can hear.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because the only pop that matters is the one when someone enters the building. MVP's is solid, but he continues to draw reaction throughout the match. This is the opposite of someone like HHH, big pop on the entrance, can't keep they crowd into during the match.

Fued? It wasn't a fued at all, it was a few matches thrown together. Nothing special about it. It was hardly meant to portray hatred between the two. Nothing short of ridding Shelton of a now garbage title.

It was MVP's first face feud in order to get him over, he got over. Therefore, success.

Because there aren't any other PPV matches? I see 5 other matches on the card, with all of the main guys on the card.

Where's Rey Mysterio at? Ya know, the other midcard champion...?

Yes, a looooong time.

Depends, really. If they think he's good enough, like I do. It'll have to be in the next year. 1. Because MVP is 35, and 2. Because everyone is leaving.

There's no choice. He should have already been at the top after the US title run. Their piss poor booking thinking all these old attitude era leftovers will be around forever put them in this situation.

Perhaps getting buried behind HHH, Cena, Batista, and Kofi Kingston.

Kofi Kingston? Are you serious?

He'll also end up jobbing to Matt Hardy to give us another top heel.

They'll likely feud, yes. As for anyone jobbing, I doubt it. If WWE were smart, they'd rotate victories and give both a rub.

I like Matt though, he's always been the better Hardy, improves monthly and actually cares about the business. So either way, works for me.

A successful fued? Seriously? You think he just had a successful fued with Shelton? That's why they are fighting on the consistent basis?

It was his first face feud, he got over and they delivered some solid TV matches. Seems successful too me.

Orton had problems when he first started, and since he actually showed his high quality ability on the mic and in the ring.

Yep, Orton had problems, jobbed and then got pushed again once they put him back in his place. Same thing happened to MVP. He's getting pushed right now. I mean, do you really just turn someone face after a 5 month long losing streak, put the US title on him and ship him over to RAW (the flagship show if you don't see potential? Nope.

So to say WWE doesn't think MVP can go places is absurd, especially when Stephanie McMahon just said a little less than a year ago, they're hoping MVP can become a main eventer.

Obviously his in-ring work wasn't trashed for his being an idiot.

His in ring work is fine. I've yet to see anyone in the WWE's midcard put on consistent TV matches like MVP does.

It's a crap excuse for MVP, because before that he wasn't doing anything special either.

It's not a crap excuse. It's a good one. How the fuck can you possibly be on PPV when you're being jobbed out? Jesus Christ...

Surely you mean he carried Benjamin on the mic, because it certainly couldn't have been in the ring.

Both. MVP made the matches matter, nobody gives a shit about Shelton. Haven't in 4 years.

How'd he get over? He's improved in the ring every year, how would his previous work warrant him a cover to "get away with things", ?

Are you seriously blind enough to tell me Jeff isn't over because he's a spot monkey? Jeff got away with things because he sells to the audience John Cena drew.

He's over because he actually displays a personality and has left a mark in wrestling, MVP has done neither.

Displays a personality? and MVP does not? Did you really just fucking say MVP doesn't display a personality? I give up. MVP's cocky, stereotypical athete, I'm better than you attitude isn't a personality?

Watch his VIP Lounge and tell me he doesn't display a personality. Christ, I've heard it all from you blind Hardy marks.

He definitely gets no reaction at Wrestlemania-->http://tr.youtube.com/watch?v=hqiGrly5feE&feature=related

That pop wasn't anything like he gets elsewhere, and in the match, where is it? I couldn't hear shit. Nobody cared unless someone did a pointless spot.

This is another obvious flaw with Jeff Hardy. Why exactly did Jeff and Matt have to be gimmicked? Hmm, I wonder...

You surely couldn't mean any of the past Wrestlemanias, because he got equal pops then, also during their run in the TV-14 era, which wasn't "only kids and women"

LOL, Jeff has been FAR more over from mid 07-now than anytime in his career.

I'm glad at least you know this, since it's never been on display.

You're blind, and are obviously one of those types of marks that can't except new faces in wrestling, unless it's your own 'I have zero passion for the business and all I do is fuck shit up' Jeff Hardy. Seems like you Hardy marks would stop, seriously, all he does is let you down time after time again with idiotic mistakes, and now bailing as soon as the ball is on his court. Pathetic.

WWE needs to push new stars, but the Hardys

One's leaving after the slightest bit of success, and the other, I agree, should be pushed. Rather it be to the main event, or sticking around in the upper midcard.

Agreed. He still needs to improve of some things though. But meh, who doesn't?

Christian

Vince won't though. So why do people even bother listing him?

Green, on ECW, and not ready. Give it a year.

Too small. Will never amount to anything other than a few ZOMGWTF spots.

Who?

Just restarted his singles career, because the first one flopped. Not a guy I'm trusting to get to the top in a year, especially one that lacks the mic and wrestling skills to really draw heat.

heck, even Miz should be higher on the pecking order.

Miz is a midcard heel jobber, at best. If anyone is going to go places out of him and Morrison, it's Morrison.

Where are these rumors of Jeff leaving coming from?

Punk has less to improve on than MVP, IMO, as crowds normally get more into Punk's matches. Clearly MVP is doing something wrong if people don't care.

I said Christian should be higher on the pecking order than MVP, not that he would be. I stand by that statement.

In what world is Swagger green? The man had a MOTYC against Christian for the title and a couple great matches with Matt Hardy and John Cena. I don't see the lack of experience and readiness shining through.

Bourne could go places. Mysterio broke barriers, IMO. And don't say Mysterio's reign sucked either, as it's very underrated with a lot of good matches. The fans were getting pretty hot for the slight chance of a Mysterio win at NWO this year as well, so the fans are more than willing to buy him as champ again. In addition, Bourne can be more than a spot wrestler. Did you see ECW last week?

Don't give me that crap about Knox. He's an underrated big man who will be something if used properly. He knows his role and plays it. I enjoy his work.

I agree that Morrison is better than Miz. I'd still take either over MVP, though.

Where are these rumors of Jeff leaving coming from?

www.pwinsider.com.

It's a credible site.

Punk has less to improve on than MVP, IMO, as crowds normally get more into Punk's matches. Clearly MVP is doing something wrong if people don't care.

Right now, yeah, I'd agree with you. Punk's been a face for 3 years though. MVP just turned.

As for improving, I disagree on MVP having more to improve on. Punk's wrestling style and mic work needs to get better. MVP is already there in both categories.

I said Christian should be higher on the pecking order than MVP, not that he would be. I stand by that statement.

And I said why do people even bother listing him? It isn't going to happen, if it was he'd be on Smackdown feuding with Edge right now.

In what world is Swagger green? The man had a MOTYC against Christian for the title and a couple great matches with Matt Hardy and John Cena

The only match I saw between Swagger and Christian was Christian's return. They both looked sloppy.

Piss poor match with Finlay on PPV, and the Hardy ones were meh. The only match that made me say "wow, this guys going to go places" is the Cena match. But it's John Cena, the best worker in the business. He can make almost anyone look golden.

There's no reason to hot shot Swagger yet. That ruins careers. Give him a year.

Bourne could go places. Mysterio broke barriers, IMO. And don't say Mysterio's reign sucked either, as it's very underrated with a lot of good matches

Mysterio's reign sucked. One of the more forgettable reigns ever. Mysterio didn't break any barriers, Rey lived off Eddie's death and then tumbled back down to the midcard after time had passed.

If Mysterio truly broke any barrier, he'd be main eventing today.

In addition, Bourne can be more than a spot wrestler. Did you see ECW last week?

Yep, solid match. Nothing special. I was more impressed with Morrison than Bourne.

Don't give me that crap about Knox. He's an underrated big man who will be something if used properly. He knows his role and plays it. I enjoy his work.

I honestly have no idea who the fuck Knox is. I'm sure I'm not alone either.

I agree that Morrison is better than Miz. I'd still take either over MVP, though.

Luckily, you don't run the company.

www.pwinsider.com.

It's a credible site.
Thanks. :)

Right now, yeah, I'd agree with you. Punk's been a face for 3 years though. MVP just turned.

As for improving, I disagree on MVP having more to improve on. Punk's wrestling style and mic work needs to get better. MVP is already there in both categories.
Punk's title win over Morrison is better than anything MVP has done in the WWE, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Additionally, are you really a great judge of Punk's mic work considering that WWE gives him the stick a whole three times a year? His indy mic work smokes anything I've ever seen from MVP. Knowing what I do, Punk should be the franchise on SmackDown if given a chance to do his thing.

I'm not sure what MVP's got, but he's had plenty of lengthy matches and enough promo time on the blue brand to prove himself. I don't see it aside from a surprising showing against Chris Benoit, of all people, a few times.

And I said why do people even bother listing him? It isn't going to happen, if it was he'd be on Smackdown feuding with Edge right now.
Yeah, right. A career midcarder who reached the main event in a borderline-indy company is going to come in and get thrust into a main event feud with Edge in two months. Sing me another. Christian is on the right track right now. People are expecting too much from booking too fast.

The only match I saw between Swagger and Christian was Christian's return. They both looked sloppy.
Everyone has off nights. You'd be best served to search the net for their title match. It'd be doing yourself a service as a wrestling fan. Smart story, and for once WWE actually incorporated the wearing down of a body part into the finish. Bless them.

Piss poor match with Finlay on PPV, and the Hardy ones were meh. The only match that made me say "wow, this guys going to go places" is the Cena match. But it's John Cena, the best worker in the business. He can make almost anyone look golden.
On a five match show where the other four matches were main event level matches, of course the crowd was burned out for the ECW match. A five minute cooler rather than going all out was the right move that night.

The Hardy matches were fine. How do you get meh from those? Hot crowd, crisp execution, the usual goodness face-Matt has opposite a good opponent.

I agree about Cena, but that's not to say Swagger didn't bring the A-game as well.

There's no reason to hot shot Swagger yet. That ruins careers. Give him a year.
I agree with giving him time. I still see him as a bigger player than MVP, though.

Mysterio's reign sucked. One of the more forgettable reigns ever. Mysterio didn't break any barriers, Rey lived off Eddie's death and then tumbled back down to the midcard after time had passed.

If Mysterio truly broke any barrier, he'd be main eventing today.
Mysterio had great matches with Orton, Angle, JBL, Henry, and Sabu throughout the reign. Fantastic matches, many of them MOTYCs. He played his role so well in those matches, making all of his opponents look great and using his grasp of the underdog psychology in wrestling to perfection. He dropped down because he kept getting injured.

Trust me, he's nothing to scoff at. He was the wrestler of the year in '06 when he had the title. Shit, there were more forgettable reigns that year! King Booker ring any bells?

He moves merch and is hot in the latino market. If he wasn't injurt prone, he'd probably have held the belt again by now.

Yep, solid match. Nothing special. I was more impressed with Morrison than Bourne.
I don't know why. Bourne's selling and wrestling are both some of the best looking in the company. You're really missing out on something.

I honestly have no idea who the fuck Knox is. I'm sure I'm not alone either.
*face-palm*

Claiming he gets fans involved is not a valid rebuttle. Maybe you are intersted, but the majority are not.

That's why MVP's matches are consistently what, 8 minutes? Second eliminated in the Rumble? Man, the WWE must be really dumb to keep him out of the main event spot light.

It wasn't a success. It wasn't even a rivalry. They had what, 2-3 matches, on Smackdown, that revolved around the belt? This wasn't a typical title fued, it was the generic beat the champ, take belt, defend belt routine. If Shelton doesn't matter then how did this "fued" matter?

Aside from competing in a singles match at Wrestlemania? He wrestles every week on TV, something MVP doesn't, because the majority of fans have no particular interest in seeing him.

There's a reason he wasn't at the top after his US title run. He doesn't sell. What purpose would there be for me to just randomly hate on him? Geez, I don't even hate him. i just realize he's nothing special and can be replaced easily.

I see plenty of wrestlers who came in post-Attitude era that are plenty successful. You can stay in denial about this, or you can wipe the smudge from your eyes and accept MVP for what he is.

Kofi Kingston displays much more potential than MVP. Kingston is 27, MVP is 35. People get excited for Kingston, who brings energy with him; people watch a slow methodical match with MVP, who doesn't perform that style to the highest level.

Or they'll develop the guy they have been pushing so they can have a new addition to the main event, rather than spending longer on both guys.

Orton never jobbed. After he was suspended he was thrown into a program with Hulk Hogan.

Difference is, Orton was actually main event before his suspension.

I was talking about Orton. He was never made to look weak on the consistent basis because of his problems.

It is a crap excuse, and the reason why you failed to counter my mention of him never being at a high level to begin with. Orton seemed to be thrown in PPVs after "jobbing."

Nobody cares about MVP's gimmick. That's why he's gone nowhere with it. You mention what his gimmick is supposed to be. It actually just comes off as whiny.

I would watch the VIP lounge, but there's one problem: It's never on.

It's being spread throughout a 65,000 seat stadium. He recieved a huge pop. You need your hearing checked if you didn't hear the crowd in the match at all.

They made it gimmicked to play to their stengths. Jeff has put on plenty of good traditional matches.

That's obvious, but the Hardy Boyz were ridiculously over, and Hardy had a huge following during his single runs in 2003.

That's a mature reply. There's nothing to reply to, it's all whining. Yes, I can't stand new wrestlers, what the heck are you talking about? I'd like MVP too if he lacked passion for the business, or if he got thrown into jail again. It's his freaking life. He's not being kicked out after no showing the crowd, or skipping house shows. We enjoy people who entertain us, not wrestlers who you have to make excuses for, pretending he is something special.

Edit- You don't know who Knox is, yet you question whether or not I actually watch the shows?

If the WWE doesn't screw up anymore (yeah, like that's not going to happen) they should be in good hands with the wrestlers they have. Triple H, Cena, Jericho, Orton, Edge, Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, CM Punk, Morrison, The Miz, Christian, MVP and several others is not a bad roster at all.

TwistofRKO, one thing I'll disagree with is that Kofi has more potential than MVP. He is spotty, sloppy, and green. I haven't seen him put one singles match together that sticks out and makes me think he really understands what he's going. Even his matches with Jericho were pretty ordinary looking.

He does some cool spots on occasion, but I don't see anything more than a midcarder in him. WWE needs a hero come 2010, but he's not it for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back