• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2010 Debater's League - More Alternates Needed!!

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
Ok guys. This year's Debater's League, for the most part, has been going very smoothly. Tons of effort have been put in by the current participants and I've been proud to work beside Phoenix to make this year's tournament very beneficial for the winner.

However, we've had our share of participants that made promises that they couldn't keep by backing out of the tournament. Thus causing major problems for the remaining and dedicated participants, for Phoenix, and for myself.

As of right now, the list of alternates that we had for this tournament is running very low. Therefore, we are seeking more alternates for this league. And just so you all don't say "Sure, I'm in" without knowing what you're getting into, here are the requirements for this tourney:

1. Dedication
Quite frankly, this is a commitment. If you say you're going to do it then DON'T BACK OUT. It's called 'responsibility.' We'd like you to have some if you consider doing this.

2. Motivation
This tournament is well-renown for elevating posters' status on Wrestlezone Forums. As a result of this tournament, I won numerous end of year awards, became a mod, and was promoted to G-Mod. All because winning this tournament last year got me noticed by the higher-ups on Wrestlezone. Wouldn't you like that to happen to you? I did and here I am.

3. Patience
The debates are judged by volunteered judges. We do not pressure them to judge debates since they're doing us all a favor.

4. Lots of TIME.
The debates begin every Sunday at 2PM EST and must be posted in at least once per day until they end the following Friday at 2PM EST. If posts are missed, your point totals will affected during judging. The tournament runs until the middle of November (if you make it to the finals). The regular season ends on October 15th.

More information about the schedule of the debates can be found here: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=123330

The rules and regulations for the tournament can be found here: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=123274

Guys, this tournament is the best thing that I've done since joining Wrestlezone. It can do the same for you. If you decide to join as an alternate, all we ask is that you prepare for everything I've listed and stay dedicated to your commitment.

Anyone that wishes to sign up as an alternate can do so here:
http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=123278

I'd be willing to enter as an alternate depending on what week you are on right now.

ST, we're on week 3, plenty of time for you to come on out an represent yourself buddy. The Alpha conference that used to look so strong seems a little watered down now.

Yes, you may not become a mod immediately from this DL. People will, however, learn how good you are, and eventually, you're pretty much a lock for the spot. Lariat, D-Man, Phoenix, Dave, all are men who signed up, did well, and became mods.

If you're ever wondering how good you are on these boards, this a good way to measure yourself

This league will test you and your ability to hold your own with guys that are passionate about pro-wrestling. The participant with the most passion shining through usually comes out on top.

And when your part in the league is finished, you would have done so much research and read so much information about pro-wrestling that you won't even REALIZE how much you learn from it all. When it's over you'll be a wrestling genuis!

I remember when TM drafted me in to judge last year because loads of other judges didnt bother doing it, did like 70 debates in one week or something stupid.

Not one thank you

Like I told you in the rep I just gave you, Don't worry D-Man, I promise I'll my hardest to not back out. The only way I'll back out is if something in real life happens that gives me no other option but to back out, such as a family death or something like that.

The only probalem I have is that I have a shit load of free time AT THE MOMENT. In about three weeks time...I won't.

That's why I felt the need to spell it out in crayon for everyone. I've had about 10 people back out thus far when they knew damn well what they were getting into.

When guys back out, it causes a TON of work for Phoenix and myself and we're sick and tired of it.

That's why I felt the need to spell it out in crayon for everyone. I've had about 10 people back out thus far when they knew damn well what they were getting into.

When guys back out, it causes a TON of work for Phoenix and myself and we're sick and tired of it.

Then I won't be participating this year. It would cause extra work for you & Phoenix & make me look like a bit of a dick. Maybe next time.

Thanks for the honesty.

That's all we ask for. And I mean Phoenix, myself, AND the rest of the guys that are busting their asses each and every week to reach their goal of WZ poster glory. If you fuck Phoenix and me over, you fuck over the rest of the participants, as well.

It saddens me FunKay because I've read plenty of your writing and I'd quite enjoy having you in it. But thank you for being realistic about your free time for it. Maybe next time.

It saddens me FunKay because I've read plenty of your writing and I'd quite enjoy having you in it. But thank you for being realistic about your free time for it. Maybe next time.

Damn straight Dirty. I would've loved to have FunKay in Omega, especially since we never truly did clash in the Wrestlezone Tournament like I wanted to.

BC, I love the shit outta you and you're my front runner for ROTY, but I couldn't ask you to do that.

Damn straight Dirty. I would've loved to have FunKay in Omega, especially since we never truly did clash in the Wrestlezone Tournament like I wanted to.

There's still three weeks to go of me having free time, you never know when I might just post a Ferbian vs. FunKay: HBK vs. Y2J: Clash of the Titans Thread.

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

Look, I won't lie. Some of you are about to receive PM's from me. If you do, realize, not many people are getting these PM's. I'm calling for the best, perhaps most anonymous posters on these forums, the ones people don't talk about enough in terms of being great posters. If you get a PM from me, trust me, I have all thev faith in the world for your performance.

Look, it seems like half the competition, judges, contestants, have all gone mod crazy because of this NXT competition. If you really want to impress the mods, trust me, you can just as easily do so with this DL. By doing this, the amount of research you do will make you a trusted source of knowledge on these forums. This is the way to say, "Hey, I'm just as good as anyone on this forum"; this is how it's done, boys

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back