• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2006-07 and 2005-06 WWE MVPs

The Fabulous Rougeau's

Championship Contender
I am combining these years into one thread as I have both years going to Cena. This is during the beginning of Cena's run and in those first two years he was on top of the WWE. He held the WWE title for a vast majority of both of those years while beating any and all comers. I don't see much of an argument for the 06-07 year but the 05-06 year one can make the case for Batista. I am interested and hoping to hear someone make that case but for me these two years were Cena's.

I've watched wrestling from '97-now, but I didn't watch from '06 to Raw 1000. The Cena/JBL feud killed my love of wrestling for a solid 5 years. At the time, I couldn't believe a guy with a corny, repetitive, terrible schtick could become established in the 2000s. I assumed someone THAT cartoon-y couldn't get the Hulk Hogan treatment in such "modern times."

You can go ahead and anoint Cena MVP of this time period but I wouldn't consider it an honor, just a "fact." Like Hitler being Time Magazine's Man of the Year in 1938.

Well Cena may have been the MVP but you can't deny that Edge was really coming into his own as a main-event player during this time. He was EASILY the most hated guy in the entire WWE, from cashing in MitB twice to win World titles from 2 huge fan favourites after they were beaten down, to (in real life, apparently) stealing someone's girlfriend, and so on. He's definitely my pick.

I would say Edge was the 06-07 MVP, he jumped from mid carder to legit main event stud heel very quickly. He was WAY OVER in his Rated R SuperStar gimmick, performed well in the ring, was easily one of the company's best on the mic, he was just plain Stud. He gave Cena maybe the best feud he ever had, these two were like Flair-Rhodes, Austin-Rock, and Hogan-Savage, they absolutely meshed perfectly together and brought out each other's best. The company needed a major heel presence with HHH reforming DX as fan faves with HBK, someone other than Randy Orton (who Edge worked well together in Rated RKO). Edge had some great moments not only with Cena but also Ric Flair & Undertaker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back