2000's Bracket; Round 3, Match 4- 8) The 40 Year Old Virgin vs.9)Little Miss Sunshine

Which is the better movie?

• The 40-Year-Old Virgin

• Little Miss Sunshine

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 2000's Bracket;
Round 3, MAtch 4

The 40 Year Old Virgin

20080314205053!40-Year-OldVirginMoviePoster.jpg

vs.

Little Miss Sunshine

505409little-miss-sunshine-posters.jpg

This is very hard for me. I have supported both along the way and love them both. I find both to be very good comedy's, with lighter moments in them aswell. I usually hate Carell but in this I loved him. I thought the writing was superb in Virgin and thought it was a spot on comedy. Little Miss Sunshine also was very funny(maybe more highbrow humor than Virgin, but still funny)Arkin & Breslin deserved their Oscar nominations(Arkin the win) and both knocked it out of the park. Funny thing is Carell is in both, and while I liked him in Virgin better he was alright in Sunshine. I'm so torned between this two, but my gut and heart are voting for the comedy that at times is low-brow but has a good heart to it.

Two Carell movies that have been sneaking their way through the tournament. Some may question their places in this tournament, but I like them. It proves that movies do not have to be gritty dramatic films to be in the greatest movies of all time. Both of these movies entertain. Both are enjoyable, and able to put smiles on your face. It is a hard choice for me here, and am saddened that these two have to be the other one to kill one of them. I loved LMS for the movie itself, and the ending was fun. I loved 40YV for its heartwarming comedic style. I cannot tell you which one I am voting for yet, Ill have to wait a bit though. Ill probably choose soon.

Another tough one for me.

As much as I love The 40 Year Old Virgin. As much as its hilarious as all hell. It does not match up to the masterpiece that is Little Miss Sunshine. You see Little Miss Sunshine is more than just a little cute movie, it is an epic struggle of a family going through there own problems. You have the egotistical Husband, the thinking about divorce Wife, the heroin addicted Grandfather, the suicidal homosexual, the depressed teen with one thing on his mind, and then you have a little girl. Who all she wants to do is better herself. She alone is the STAR of this movie. She brought this family together and made them stronger. An internal struggle in a family, all solved by a little kid. Well...except for Grandpa.

Little Miss Sunshine FTW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back