2000's Bracket; Round 1, Match 9- 9) Little Miss Sunshine vs. 24) Remember the Titans

Which is the better movie?

• Little Miss Sunshine

• Remember the Titans

Results are only viewable after voting.

Papa Shango

Frontman of the WZ Band!!
The Wrestlezone Movie Tournament, 2000's Bracket;
Round 1, Match 9

Little Miss Sunshine
2182_LittleMissSunshine.h2.jpg

vs.

Remember the Titans

titans_win.jpg

Little Miss Sunshine I watched once, and it has made its way onto my overrated list. I just don't get why its as popular as it is. Carell serious here, but I still don't like him. There's just something about him that I don't care for.

Then you have Remember the Titans. Its flawed, yes. Its inaccurate, yes. Its awesome, yes. This movie tells a story that needed to be told. Racism is a tough area to work on, but this movie does it pretty well. It works in the sense that you feel good baout it, and its a true story. There are flaws here and if it wins it won't last long, but it deserves a win.

I love both these films.

"Remember the Titans" is a great movie. I particularly like the scenes when they're at training camp the most. That's the best part of the movie if you ask me, and the reason why it's as good as it is. The football scenes are nothing special and the characters on the team (not including any of the coaches and the little girl, when saying that), with the exception of Kip Pardue's character and the dude who played Petey, aren't all that good either to be honest. But it's their time at training camp that makes me love this film.

"Little Miss Sunshine", however, is tremendous from start to finish. It's another flawless film in this tournament. The writing, acting, look, drama, comedy... it's all perfect. Also, it's a film where you can't predict what's going to happen next. It's just a fun ride. While you enjoy sitting through "Remember the Titans", you can easily predict what's going to happen, but there's absolutely no way you could've done that with "Little Miss Sunshine".

In the end, "Little Miss Sunshine" is just far superior to "Remember the Titans" in every aspect, and deserves to go far in this tournament. "Little Miss Sunshine" easily receives my vote.

I like both of these films, I think both are good, lets have a look at each.

Remember The Titans: This movie shows how two groups of people (black americans and white americans) can over come their differences through sports and get a long and build friendships. This movie has it all, over coming of racism, sports, a great actor in Denzel. However my pick for this match goes to....

Little Miss Sunshine: Tells the story of a disfunctional family taking their daughter to the Redondo Beach beauty pageant. We see a few issues arrise a long the way such as their son finding out that pilots couldn't be colour blind and he snaps and starts talking again, we see the old man (Can't remember if it's grandfather or uncle) die. It has good writing, comedy and drama go well together and make for a great film

Winner: Little Miss Sunshine

Remember The Titans, while entertaining, is predictable and filled with cliché's. Little Miss Sunshine is the opposite. You never know what's coming next. Carrell's performance is especially good, against the grain of his previous comedic roles. Little Miss Sunshine has it all: comedy, drama, it's well-written, and also contains great performances. Remember The Titans is good for a sports movie, but doesn't reach across genres like LMS does.

Verdict: Little Miss Sunshine.

It seems like we have another set of fan favorites here. Remember the Titans is a heart warming movie in the way it handles racism. Its a good movie, and I wouldn't have thought to put it in the top 32 of the decade. Little Miss Sunshine though was really good. Going in I realized I was going to have to look at this movie as objectively as possible after I had heard so much hype. I ended up really enjoying the movie, from Carell to the girl dancing like a ****e at then end innocently. Little Miss Sunshine wins out here fro me.

Little Miss Sunshine is just a beautiful film. Steve Carrell delivered his best performance ever. A family of fucked up people making their way to go to a little girls beauty pageant doesn't sound too appealing I know. But the bumps, and side roads they take the plot is amazing. It had me hooked from the very beginning. Remember The Titans is good, but its not as good as Little Miss Sunshine.

Normally, any football themed movie is going to be an automatic choice for me, but, Little Miss Sunshine was one of the most enjoyable film experiences I have ever had. I went in thinking I was going to HATE it. It was a girlfriend date, a payback for taking her to a movie I wanted to see...however, I absolutely loved it. I enjoyed Remember the Titans too, but that's football, and I expected to. But, LMS came out of nowhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back