2000-2010: Overrated and Underrated

cmedge

The Abdi
2000-2010

A great decade with many amazing feuds that we could never ever forget. We have seen the rise of many top superstars and future hall of famers. There have been some exceptional years and there has been some overrated years.

I would like for you guys to list the most underrated years to the most overrated and I would for you guys to provide reasons why and some feuds that you enjoyed during the years.

I think that 2006 had some phenomenal feuds and matches and moments i.e Edge vs John Cena, the return of DX, the return of ECW and RVD and Booker t (King Booker) winning world titles. With those great moments I found the year to be overrated because of some real stupid feuds and moments i.e Vince McMahon: The God storyline and the debut of the Spirit Squad and some other stupid moments.

But list your thoughts on Underrated and Overrated Years. Good Luck.

Ric Flair = Overrated
John Cena = Overrated and only adored by kids
RVD = Underrated

Are you serious? From 2000-2010, John Cena was the key to many successes with the WWE. He's not overrated. He is exactly where he needed to be. Ric Flair could have stayed out of the ring after his last match, but honestly, he's done enough to justify whatever he wants to do, as much as some of us hate it. RVD was underrated before he went to TNA, but now, he is getting too much spotlight. He is past his prime. If you ask me , he is overrated.

Now, I believe the Naturals were very underrated once TNA hit Spike TV. They were a great, high flying, and unified tag team. They never ceased to amaze until they were put in that Shane Douglas storyline. Never understood why it ended that way.

cena is not over rated how dumb are you.

kofi kingston over rated he should be released.

Edge is also over rated he isnt very good in the ring anymore. TLC was his best work.

jack swagger was underrated they should have made his title run better.

rey is over rated he shouldnt be winning mnany matches especially over big men.

Overrated= Hulk Hogan
Underrated= Shelton Benjamin

I know I am going to get some comments from people for calling the immortal Hulk Hogan, overrated, but from my point of view, this decade the only he done is get paid to remember his glory days. I looked from what Hogan did from 2000-2010, expect for winning the WWE championship in 2002, he done nothing for wrestling in general. Him coming back to the WWE was nothing special and he getting paid by Dixie Carter to make TNA a poor man WWE, I think he should have retired from wrestling years ago.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hulk_hogan

Shelton Benjamin, I hope everybody agrees, this guy should have been a future WWE champion. He was athletic, not bad on the mic, and was a decent heel when he had to play one. I think he general he got stuck in the mid card area and never got out, he was shipped over to ECW when the major brand writers didn't have anything for him and even after winning the Intercontinental and US championship he still never got a push for any main events at PPVs. There was the time where he feuded with Evolution and looked like he could be a champion, but unfortunately for him he broke his hand and never got a chance to get anywhere close to being the a top superstar again.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shelto...hampion_.26_departure_.282007.E2.80.932010.29

Overrated: Hulk Hogan
Returning to WWE in 2002 as part of the nWo (along with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash), "Hollywood" Hulk Hogan had a WrestleMania dream match against The Rock that saw a spontaneous face-turn due to Toronto's crowd reaction. Became Undisputed WWE Champion, defeating Triple H at Backlash for his 12th title reign. Lost the Undisputed WWE Championship to "Big Evil" Undertaker at Judgment Day. This WWE run also saw a WWE Tag Team Championship reign with Edge, as well as the "Mr. America" gimmick. Saw another win in a dream match with Hulk Hogan VS. Shawn Michaels at SummerSlam 2005, and won a match against Randy Orton. However, in many of these matches, the elder Hogan had to be carried, and if not for his "Legendary" status, most of these matches would have been nothing special to write about and easily forgotten.

Hulk Hogan joined TNA Wrestling, trying to bring attention to the 2nd place promotion. While it's still too early to tell, Hogan has not brought much success to TNA at this point.

Honorable Mention: Goldberg

Underrated: William Regal
Former WWF/WWE Commissioner, former RAW General Manager. Intercontinental Championships, European Championships, 2008 King of the Ring. This man has had great mid-card matches against Chris Jericho and Rob Van Dam. During his stints as Commissioner and General Manager, William Regal was able to draw some of the best heel heat seen. After defeating CM Punk in the 2008 King of the Ring finals, William Regal appeared to finally get the push he rightly deserved. However, due to a drug suspension, his push has pretty much turned to nothing, and is often forgotten by active non-internet fans as a member of the roster. Recently had a great match on RAW against the WWE United States Champion Daniel Bryan. Relegated to jobber status against wrestlers like Mark Henry.

Honorable Mention: Muhammad Hussan

i think regal is underrated he needs a world title run before he retires next zack ryder is underrated he is good in the ring beter than miz so he deserves at least a us or ic belt next miz is underrated he paid his dues & Deserves his title run & Mark henrey he needs a world title run he is the wsm

RVD was underrated before he went to TNA, but now, he is getting too much spotlight. He is past his prime. If you ask me , he is overrated.

I completely agree. I never was a particularly big fan of RVD, however, I didn't used to mind him. I just hated how he was booked (not so much to the extent now) to always look unbeatable, and also as he's getting older he isn't even as good in the ring as he used to be.

OT: I'm awful with years so i'll just stick to wrestlers

Overrated: In 2010 (and i realise i'm going to get flamed for this) I believe Randy Orton is overrated. He was probably my favourite wrestler during his heel run, and even at the beginning of his face run. Now though, I just find it stale and boring (and i don't like his new generic entrance with 2 arms in the air instead of his old legend killer pose) because of how unbeatable he is. I mean he even beat Cena in that tables match. It's just annoying how everybody goes on about Cena's 5 moves of doom and how he's Superman, but at the moment Orton is no different in my eyes.

Underrated: Christian. I get why Vince refuses to not give him a world title, due to him being previously in TNA, but then again so was Jeff Hardy but he gave him multiple world titles. I'd like to think eventually he will get one but i'm not holding my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back